Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Helikaon`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well I am the user Spark's younger brother. I've played WoW for about four years now I think. I've only really been interested in online roleplay for about a year, I used to be more of a PvPer. I've grown up with games really, me and my sister, despite the 6 year age gap have always enjoyed playing similar games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
England and English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I think it was from a friend who played, I knew my sister also played so I thought I would give it a go and it turned out I liked it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Made an account here ages ago, then my sister stole it when I wasn't really ready for such a roleplaying community. Now I'm more into roleplay my sister recommended it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
For World of Warcaft, my favourite would have to be more action based. Azeroth is after all a very dangerous place and I feel the roleplay should reflect that. However tavern roleplay is always enjoyable, as is travel and city, because despite the fairly peaceful appearance there is always the chance of danger which can create a more tense atmosphere which in turn adds realism to the roleplay. With sizes of people it really depends on what is actually going on, if it's tavern or city then lots of people makes it seem more realistic as with war. However roleplay with 2-5 people is ofter very enjoyable as it gives more of a chance to create relationships and work on character development.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Can't say I have one. Humans are the most flexible race I feel and normally a warrior/rogue would appeal to me simply for use of armour and weapons. However warlocks in the Alliance also seem quite exciting due to the fact they have to remain secret. Gnomes are . . . fun but I would not consider them a favourite. In terms of the Horde, orcs and undead would have to be my favourite, probably because I've played a lot of Warcraft.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be as brilliant as my sister described it: Mature members, creative roleplay, endless opportunities. I think that sums it up.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. In any community this is required, and without it, a community will crumble and destroy itself. I hope this was number one for a reason as it pretty much encompasses most the other rules.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Here goes...

The trees were still, not a single leaf moved, not a single branch creaked, not a bird twitched. And all was like a painting, but for the man clad in shining mithril armour, the plate around his shoulders and chest reflected she sparse glimmers of sunlight that penetrated the canopy. On his arm a shield was strapped, with a crest of gleaming gold. Two lions on hind legs, an ornamented sword between them. In his other hand was a sword of plan steel, a leather wrapped handle and a bronze hilt. Despite the plainness, the sharpness and durability were in no doubt. Raising the sword above his head, a whistled a long sharp note, and life returned to the forest in a flash of silver.

Elena had been serving under Captain Valimore for two years now. She had turned from the newest, most nervous recruit into a leading figure in the regiment. Now, in the silent forest she stood with her two most trusted friends either side of her. Rory and Dilen. And beside them, a hundred soldiers, all clad in the silver armour. All prepared for war.

The smells of the forest were pungent to Elena, she spent most of her time either in cities or in battle with little time for nature. Yet she tried to concentrate on them, trying to pick out individual smells, the flowers, the sap, the animals. But she could not concentrate on such trifle things, her stomach churned and her mind was once again draw to the battle ahead. A battle she had advised against. A battle she did not want to fight. Looking down the line she saw fear upon the men's faces and she too felt her legs begin to wobble. The firm grip of Rory's hand on her shoulder settled her nerves and she turned to give him a smile. With little surprise Rory's face had a childish grin upon it, his bright blue eyes glancing into the forest ahead and his slightly crooked teeth showing.

Dilen as usual looked a lot sterner, she had her sword sheathed and her shield on her back. Her hazel eyes wandered over to Elena as she turned to her, a perked brow indicated her asking if there was a problem. Elena simply shook her head and turned to face the massive figure of their Captain as he strode to the top of the crest in front of them.

A single note broke the silence. Elena sighed as the tension of waiting was gone. Now was the time for action. The captain spoke without turning, his voice carried by the breeze that had suddenly appeared, and with that breeze came the smell of burning wood.

“Over four hundred orcs boys…Accompanied by what looks like about forty trolls. And they don't look too nice. Exactly what we thought. We are going to do exactly what we planned. We're going to kill the lot of ‘em. Elena, Rory, Dilen. You know what you have to do. Rest of you. May your swords be sharp, may your shields be strong and may your enemy be a big green stupid bastard. For the Alliance!”

“For the Alliance!”

The cries of war echoed around the wood, now bursting with life, the soldiers marched forward onto the top of the crest to join their captain. A solid wall of metal shone out throughout the dim wood. Their swords before them, they charged, the ground shook beneath their war march. Their target was not prepared. The clash of metal on metal was not heard, yet the sickening sound of metal penetrating skin and flesh and smashing bone rang out.

Ash and smoke hung in the still air, the orcs were going about their lumbering. Chopping and slashing and wrenching the life out of the trees. Disgusted, Lola turned away. The other trolls were about a hundred yards away, sparring and eating. She was the only female troll here and they didn't like it. Her leather armour was rough and itchy, always rubbing against her skin. She'd wanted to wear cloth but apparently that's not what a ‘real' troll wears.

She yawned and stretched, getting up from her perch on a fallen tree. Guarding orcs was not fun. Looking over to the other side of the lumber site, she noticed another lone troll. Yal'Kar. Her mentor, possibly the only troll here that liked her. And also possibly one of the most powerful shamans in a thousand leagues.

Grumbling about the stupid male trolls, she set off down to grab some food. She sighed in relief as a cool breeze swept down from the hill above, bringing scents of the forest, and clearing the stale stench of burning wood. Ducking into a small wooden hut she picked up a cooked fish and gnawed on that, paying little attention to some shouting that was occurring outside. Some orc had probably just punched another, always happens.

Yal'Kar's hand suddenly burst through the side of the hut, breaking the thin wooden sticks and grabbing Lola's shoulder and wrenching her back through. His other hand grasp her mouth and prevented her from talking.

“Come. Don't talk. Bring axe.”

She followed him, anxiety building up inside her. Up the side of the hill and as he pulled her onto her belly and crawled a bit further up her stomach churned. Humans, clad in armour, ready for war.

“What chu want me to do mon?”

“Ah got ah plan. What we gonn-”

“For the Alliance!”

They charged, a few seconds later they were slaughtering the ranks of peons. Scores were cut down before the grunts and trolls could even lift their weapons. Lola saw now as they did, and her brothers charged forwards into the ranks of the humans, cutting them down. A grin of triumph busted onto her face as it looked like the human attack had failed tremendously, hundreds of orcs poured into them now.

Another horn blew from behind, all turned. The bushes swayed as figures began walking about. They were not orc nor troll nor human. They were elves. Bows in hand they rained hell onto the orcs back lines.

“We need to get back down der Lola, follow me.”

A flash of silver stopped them both in their tracks, two swords at their necks.

“Not so fast.”

Humans.

“Eleni, Rory, Dilen. You know what you have to do.”

The three were set to scout round the crest, through the forest then meet up with the elven forces to help coordinate their attack. And they were going to do just that. Until they saw the two trolls lying flat on their bellies.

Rory and Dilen acted swiftly, creeping towards them as they turned to head back down the hill. Two swords spun out and landed on each neck.

“Not so fast.”

Eleni walked forwards to get in front of them, but in a flash, Dilen was on the floor, fire erupting from beneath her and an axe through her throat. Rory had been blasted against a tree and was breathing, but didn't look in good shape.

“You bastards!”

She charged, leaping forwards only to be parried by the female troll then head butted by the male, the tusks tore through her chain mail and pierced her side. She whelped and fell down, only to see Rory back up again, he'd thrown down his shield and picked up Dilen's.
“You fuckers.”

Leaping forwards the huge man landed on the male troll, a sickly crunch made the female troll shriek with anger and hack away at Rory's neck. Blood erupted from all three as in Rory's final moment he slashed her leg. And all three fell.

At first Lola was petrified, but as soon as she saw fire erupt under the human holding her and the huge grin on Yal'Kar's face she new they'd won this battle. The other human was blasted back. Two dead. The third charged, a quick parry and a gouge from Yal'Kar disabled her. Weak humans.

The thoughts of victory did not last long, before he could raise her axe the male human had jumped upon Yal'Kar. Swords flaring and bones smashing. Dead instantly. In a frenzy Lola hacked and slashed the back of his neck open, not quick enough the avoid the deep gash in the thigh though. She stumbled forwards. A wave of pain and blood washed over here. And nothing stirred.

First thing Elena noticed when she woke was the axe. Against her neck.

“Ey dere ‘uman. Not so tough now ahr chu?”

The female troll looked stern, yet tears streamed down her face, much as they did Elena's as she glanced to her fallen friends.

“I…I don't want to die.”

Lola looked down at the human. She doesn't want to die. Tears continued to stream down both their faces. The blood had started to congeal and dry around her wound, the human however was still bleeding heavily. Yal'Kar was a bloody mess. The other humans were too.

“Ah don't wanna die either.”

Lola helped Elena to her feet, bandaged her side with cloth and leather, then they limped off back into the woods. Leaving the sounds of battle. Leaving the slaughter behind them both.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven't already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you're familiar to the server's expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don't fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you're writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I'm online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

Hello Spark's brother! I have to say, very nice story for your intro and I hope we are everything that you expect. There are a few action based events that are coming up. If you like puzzles, the Dungeoneer events would be to your liking as well and are run quiet often.

Hope you enjoy your stay!