Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: In Search of A Golden Age
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All The Pieces Lie Where They Fell...

Darkness Rises..

And flesh felt the terrible ache as it was disturbed by a head like one thousand stingers.

"Forever."

And the blazing shards pierced down and left naught but scar and ash.

"...Forever."

Haze of pain. Then all went as black as the symbol that was left, truth forever burned into memory.

...And then, those memories were forgotten.

Sagi pulled the water cupped in shaking hands to his face before washing away the dirt. He looked into the running stream. Hair cut short, dyed white. Robes of white and gold covering his body, exposing only a bit above the elbow down. Slipper-less feet touching the green grass of Elwynn.

Finally... No more running. I've even got Sylvandre's trust. Its time I start to repent.

The kaldorei grabbed his staff, leaning against the tree. It was not the great black staff of before, with its cruel gleam. No, it was skinnier and simple, a plain gray. Even on its top it was different, lacking the wicked spikes, no atop this staff was a white spire, gleaming with a peaceful beauty in the forest sun.

Slowly Sagi walked through the woods, then to the path. His smile reached many a face as he made his way to the city, hands clasped behind his back. Finally, climbing the gray stairs, entering the grand Cathedral. He bowed before the alter, eyes closed as he spoke aloud, "Please Elune... Forgive me."

Sozun looked to a Forsaken, clad in brown armors, shield with skull on his back and a long sword clasped within his bony fingers. "They are not to know of my absence. I will return. Until then you are to act as my regent. I place my trust in your handling of Duskwood Scaeva. There are only two paths for this world of twilight... The one that Sagi seeks, the path to dawn... and the one we must assure is created, the path to nightfall. Don't let me down."

Scaeva nodded before the Ascendant took leave, disappearing into the shadows. He looked towards the shore, towards Elwynn, and then departed back into the bleak forests. Far within that Forsaken walked, until he reached a place shrouded in shadow. It was there he looked at the shining wicked spikes themselves, and the shadowy guardians protecting it.

"Ascendant's will be done! This is the tool my friends, the tool by which shadow will be unlocked. All the great Nightmares of the world will be unleashed by this weapon and the gate! Through its corruption the final darkness will take Duskwood."

And Men Lament...

Ralnoc stood in the rain of Booty Bay. His eyes looked towards the misty sea.. Or maybe, misty eyes looked at a clear sky. "Boats come and go. Yet none bring back the world I once did know..." His hand reached for locks of red hair, twisting them between his fingers as he continued to stare forward. "Oh how I miss them... Gricca, Ahote, Bianca, Isa... So long ago, when there was still a shade of grey within this world."

Arguing voices jerked Ralnoc's head to the side. Humans and trolls running amuck, yelling with anger at each other. Tensions rising as the goblins suppressed them again and again. "But now all that's left is the cold hollow black unfurled. What a bleak emptiness..."

Turning Ralnoc walked off, back into his tavern room. He unslung the shining steel blade on his back, laying it atop his bed. Then, he reached underneath, pulling out a case of a similar length. Once opened, he grasped what was within, a different sword but of a beautiful, murderous design. Blacks, and purples, crafted into a sharp, intricate blade. He removed his comfortable cloths, adorning the black and gold armor of so long ago. Then, he placed the black blade on his back, leaving the shining steel one beneath his bed.

"I'm sorry Destiny... But it seems as if once again I must fight with Despair.. And seek a world where Grey is re-established. Perhaps, if man can see what it is to battle nobly again... nobly and beautifully we can rise from this state of sadness... into a grand age."

Ready now, Ralnoc set off, looking towards the bright new sun he would have force through the fog and rain.

Where They Wait...

Gladstone rose up into the green.. "For so long... I felt fallen. But now, now I feel the darkness return to my limbs... The unstoppable darkness. Here me world of Azeroth! Gladstone has yet to fall! From the burning rage that now is my heart... From its very depths..."

Gladstone activated the summoning circle infront of him. Dark green lines burned with energy as they drew upon the twisting nether, riling up demons of the past, "From the great darkness that I have become I will raze it all.. And all the power in the world will be for me!"

Galzo spoke to the crowd in Elwynn, "Be ready friends! It comes with speed, the Circus of Wonders! Never will you see greater feats, brilliant shows! We will show Elwynn what they never believed to see!"

The crowd applauded before Galzo took his leave. He went into his tavern room and pulled out from a locked box a small piece of paper and a stamp. Scribbling a letter and signing it sealed the thing within an envelope. Last, he used the stamp, the official seal, leaving a purple imprinted clown hat on the letter.

"Soon they will come again... Heretic Circus recreated to shake the foundation of Elwynn!"

Bal awakened on the grassy ground. Next to him lay his green sword and he grabbed it, holding it into the shining sun. "How long as it been I wonder... Is it too late..? No, of course not. Time demands that I play my part."

He rose up, shaking himself off, "So many wait... Its time that the wheels of destiny show us what it has in store."

Sword now slung over his back, Bal started to walk off, "After so long the pieces still lie where they fell... and still they wait..."

For You.

Spoiler:
And such will start what I hope to be a large event with a storyline of sorts but to really be effected by whomever joins in and whatever happens.

I hope that other players will post stories of their own character's involvement here. Anyone can post, in any format, whatever they'd like of any length. If anyone remembers the Paths of Heresy thread, this is exactly the same. At times I'll announce events or make posts that can also specifically be responded to but this is really free form for fun.

I hope you guys get involved... There are many treats in store...
As the group marched on to face the pirates that rushed towards them they saw the cage, filled with captives. And another stood close by, wrapped in black robes. As he saw the approach he ran off, disappearing from view down the beach.

Trouble Appears

Ralnoc rode off from the beaches back into Booty Bay. With the help of a collected group, Horde and Alliance alike, he had worked to fend off a group of pirates and save captured citizens. In the cage however was a note, one different from the scrawl of of seafaring lords. No, there was something different about it.

A setback you've caused us. But fear not good warriors, this is far from over. The darkness does not simply give in, no it pushes on with a will as grim as fate itself.

We will meet again. And you will be crushed.

"Hrm... All I planned was to fight against the corruption of normal men. Greed, envy, power.. Such ugly attributes but it is easy to turn pirates from them. You simply show them their maker... But this has a darker tone to it.. There must be something else going on..."

Ralnoc ran a hand through his hair, deep in contemplation. He dismounted once inside the city walls, petting his horse on the nose before walking off towards the tavern.

"There is something foul brewing here... I must be quick to find out what it is."

Spoiler:
Keep your eyes peeled. Ralnoc will be throwing events in BB at random times! Thanks for those who joined in today. You are of course free to post your own character's response if you desire!

A Call To Heretics

Friends And Allies of the Heretic Circus,

I call for your aid. I am John Crost, known as Galzo. Members of the Shadow Guard may remember the system that the Ringmaster created, a system of spies to contact each other and form a ring of information to keep the Circus informed. Well, today I use what few messengers we have left that still have kept loyalty to the Circus to call out to you!

The Ringmaster had plans to revive the old Circus for whatever aim he had in mind. Some may have seen the 'Circus of Wonders' at its first show. Now there exists a problem! The Ringmaster disappeared and when he resurfaced, it was within the Kingdom of Stormwind as a Holy Priest. I have taken the time to watch his movements, seen him wield light myself!

Friends, there is a nefarious scheme in the works. I suspect that our Ringmaster was abducted by the Light. I don't know what kind of mind control they have inflicted on him but we mustn't let this situation remain the same. Once we banded together to save the Ringmaster from his imprisonment by old foes of Autumn. Now the very Church of Light has his mind trapped.

If you have any loyalty to the Ringmaster, the man who made you who you are today than rise up! The Circus of Wonders will come to Elwynn and we will once again work to break the faith and its hold on our Ringmaster! Let us not cower in shadows while our leader is trapped behind bars of Light. Come to Elwynn, gather in the Catacombs once more. We have to destroy this piety and reclaim the Ringmaster's mind!

Signed,
John 'Galzo' Crost

Spoiler:
Any former member of the Heretic Circus can receive this message. If you want respond to it in this thread however you'd like. Also gives me an idea of who will be returning for this plot as it unfolds.
"A Heretic Answers the Call"

He had been lost, for many months. Away from time, it passed by just as fast as it could go by. Travelling throughout Azeroth. In this time people had become memories, dreams had become reality. True power had been felt, true power had been sought, true power had been gained. Yet lost none the less.

In the time of his travels, he had gained new abilities. A family, a secret.

Though now we skip to Nagrand, in present time. Relon had been visiting as recently he heard of the Alliance capture. Whilst staying in the tavern a letter had found it's way to him. A letter? It couldn't be though, who knew he was Relon? Who knew who he was?

As he stared upon it, he opened it with hesitant hands, the seal bearing nostalgia. His eyes swept up the words.

In an instant Relon had vanished, out of the inn, his plate and a half finished meal left on the table. With only a haze of arcane left behind...

Silly Sagi

The female Kaldorei was twisted her mouth into a small, joyless smile as she tossed the letter into the fire, who turned it to ashes with a greedy crack. The smile continued as she walked out into the brisk afternoon cold of the Howling Fjord. It was the first time she had been outside, as the letter had been more important then her morning Vrykul hunts. However, the letter had been naught but a disappointment. Fel, it hadn't even been from Sagi. Regardless, she figured it was time to catch up with him. Maybe even Fala'thorei, and her estranged family.

She made her way to the dock, picking up her bow and quiver from the weapons stand outside as she passed it. She walked up to the dock-master, leaning on his desk with her arms crossed, squeezing her shoulders together in an effort to get as much cleavage as she could at him. She put on her most sympathetic voice, "Sir, what's the quickest way I could get to Stormwind? Something very bad has happened."

He looked at her, face unmoving, "As per usual on the weekends, we have some Kirin Tor people holdin' open a portal to Stormwind. You can go through, for 5 silver." He gestured a hand over his shoulder, and Shivala nodded gratefully, following his hand. She slipped the five silver into a Draenei's hand, before continuing through the portal.
Spoiler:
I'm sure I no longer have to put this here anymore so I'll just say it once more. Anyone feel free to respond to anything that they see here or had a character experience ingame at anytime. As a note, tomorrow May 30th at 12pm ST there will be an event for Alliance peeps lead by myself and McKnighter. It will be some PvE in the Elwynn-Duskwood area.

Reappearance

Again Ralnoc gathered a group of fighters. Together they marched into the Vale's island filled with Naga, fighting their way past the monstrous creatures. In the end they approached a bridge heavily guarded by the Naga. On it stood the same hooded figure and once again, before there was a chance for contact the figure escaped. This time, by jumping into the waters below.

Hours later, after the battle, Ralnoc sat in his tavern room confused. Before him was the same note from the previous day. In his mind the clear image of the hooded figure. "I understand... Its just as that Sin'dorei said... Some cultist running amuck down in the Vale. But to what purpose? Kidnappings? Working with pirates, worst Naga? What sort of logic ties this all together?"

With a sigh Ralnoc turned to look outside his window. It rained hard, water mixing with smoke and smog. The city was busy as normal, same goblins running past trying to make as much money as possible. Same poor bumming around or getting drunk without restraint. And beneath the surface the growing tension of Horde and Alliance during a peace not yet broken by the drums of war. Yet, you could see it in the cutthroat expressions of the townsfolk as they carried on, each for industry, gain, progress, and power.

"What a sinful city to live in... Perhaps my efforts will continue to draw people together, to realize that we needn't find enemy in each other or care so much for personal gain... Our enemy is what lays in the dark. But we cannot see with eyes so clouded."

Ralnoc walked over to his bed and sat on its edge. Slowly he moved within and covered himself with a blanket. "Perhaps they just need someone with eyes unclouded to show them the darkness that surrounds us... So we can beat it back and rise up as something new. And this foe is just what we need to focus on." With a yawn he closed his eyes, and fell asleep.

Sagi's First Sermon

Gathered together in the halls of the Cathedral of Light was a small crowd. In the very front Sagi stood facing them, white and gold robes neat and clean as he smiled to the group.

"Hello, I am Priest Nightwhisper. Today, for my introductory talk I've prepared a short story. You see, it occurs to me that one thing we often do not readily understand is who our neighbors are. Yes, we realize that the person who lives next to us, or across the yard can be called neighbor. We even notice that Stormwind itself may be called our neighbor as the people in it must be protected."

Sagi paused for a moment, taking a few looks around before continuing, "However, we lack a general understanding of what it truly means for someone to be our neighbor and the relationship we have with them. For you to realize this, I will tell you this tale. Once, not long from now, a human was traveling from Southshore to Arathi. On this path he was attacked by orc robbers. They stripped him, beat him, and left him half dying with nothing."

A few gasps and curious eyes came from the audience, brows raised as Sagi smiled and spoke on, "After they left it was first a Sin'dorei priest who came towards the man. Though a follower of the Light the Sin'dorei saw the human and instead of helping him left him to die. This is because the Sin'dorei, despite claiming to follow Light, do not truly believe its teachings. They bastardize the faith and so bring shame to themselves. Such a lack of compassion for the weak cannot be thought of as faith in Light."

"Next a troll shaman came up towards the human." Sagi cleared his throat, "It was at this moment that the spirits came to this Shaman and told him that helping the human would bring him divine favor. The troll looked at the human but passed him regardless without any help. You see, here the troll is blinded by his hatred. Even the favor of the spirits who work with him to give him powers is not enough for him to look past old hatreds and help the weak. Once again, compassion is lacking."

"Finally, a dwarven paladin came up and saw the human on the ground. Immediately he used light to bring the man energy and seal his wounds. he fed the man, gave him clothes, and then before they parted gave him coin for his journey so he would no longer be empty handed. Now tell me, which of these three is the neighbor of the human?"

From the crowd came a few answers and then Sagi gave a small nod, "The dwarf, because he has shown mercy on his neighbor. And we all should go and do likewise."

Applause ended the sermon before the people exited the temple.
Not Good.
For the good guys.

In a dark corner of Duskwood, a lumbering mass of undead dully march the plagued farm outside of an evil chapel. Zombies march in military lines, ghouls practicing killing methods upon undead live-stock. Two large masses of meat and flesh on each side of the structure are being covered in a black twisted metal. Stockpiles of weapons are piled randomly, armors and such being fitted onto the undead constructs.

Inside the building, one lone robed figure channels quietly to himself, conducting the entire process.

"Sagi... Time to come home..."
Improv?

Relon had looked on, beyond annoyed, beyond belief. The onslaught raged in front of him. Not only could he see blood being spilled but the fumes reached his nostrils. The plan, it was ruined, though there was still hope. Only if Sagi's side could win, or retreat. But no... Redis. Had claimed him, plans will now be changed, plans -must- now be changed.

Relon had quietly watched from beneath his hood as he followed the party throughout Duskwood, throughout the trees. All the way to what may be assumed as Redis' base camp. Relon had finally decided to head in, and just see what was going on. After all he was still an ally to everyone.

And there it had happened, one by one the party disbanded until it was just Redis and Relon. Then, a gift was bestowed. Relon's heart may've even skipped a beat as Redis merely handed him over to be hidden.

Plans will have to change, plans will indeed change...

So they were...

Outland awaits...