Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: 6justin6`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well my name is Justin, I'm 18, and just graduated. I love movies/books/games with a good story line, I can care less about the game play, I just love good plots and drama. My favorite movies are: Starwars, Lord of the Rings, and Inception. Favorite books are: The Hobbit, The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, and Eragon when I was younger, I don't care too much for it now. I also enjoy hard manual labor, and don't plan on going in to any sort of tech-based schooling, because I pretty much hate technology.. so I am concerned about HOW I'm going to get this private server running if you approve me, but I'll figure it out. I've been told I'm funny, I know I'm kinda dorky and odd, but I also consider myself kind and slow to anger, so don't expect any trouble from me. :p Unless you have me race for pie...

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in eastern U.S.A and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well me and my two friends have been playing "Swords" with stick and rocks since we were little boys, like honestly 5 years old in recess at school. As we grew up, we developed stories, brought in ogres, Jedi, Wizards, etc, etc. Around 7-8 years ago we gave runescape a try, we loved it, it was like Lord of the Rings, but WE were in control! As time went on, we moved on to better games, IE WoW.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, I haven't been playing wow for a while because I evaluated my life and saw I was addicted to it... so I quit, but missed the RP so much. The problem is with RPing in a game based around game play, is that you have to spend more time farming the cool RP weapons, than you do actually RPing. So after a few months, I decided to google "Wow private RP servers" and well you guys were top of the list! With my lack of knowledge of how the Internet works in depth, I kinda just figured you guys were the best, because you were the ones google had at the top of the list.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love any RP with a great story line. I like deep characters that DON'T take themselves too seriously, but at the same time, don't make a joke of everything, IE Jarjar from Starwars episode one. I enjoy adventure, military/war, and tavern. I like small groups, generally 3-6 people, any more and it seems a bit too crowded, and you don't have the ability to get to know each other.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Oh man, this is a hard one. It's between Night elf/Blood elf demon hunters, and Orc warriors. Elven Demon Hunters are by far, the best characters to have a long, dark, painful story line that can end for better or worse. The potential for DH story is endless, but on Alliance MG server it's just pulled off so poorly. Orc Warriors on the other hand, are cool because of the versatility of character personality. You can be a grizzled war vet, a hot-headed berserker, or a tactical warlord. As long as you mix good personality in to the character, not just a 2D "Lets kill for fun, because I'm insane and love to bring death for no reason at all, and I lack a back story!" kind of person, then a Orc warrior is a great combo.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting people to RP, and be good at it. I'm expecting people to give me that Lord of the Rings style RP I've spent 7 years looking for. And I DON'T expect any angels, demigods, dragons, etc, etc. Dragons are alright if pulled off properly... but what would be the point of RPing a Dragon if nobody ever saw you as a Dragon? Short answer; I'm expecting better than Moonguard RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Well being a devoted Christian, I was happy to hear you guys don't tolerate people making cracks toward that. I know in-game, I had a friend who was Catholic, and one of her own guild members picked on her for her faith. It made me upset to see people so hateful toward "friends" for something like that. Also, as a clean-minded person, I am pleased to hear that vulgar language isn't allowed in public OOC channels.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Well, I'm actually writing a story now. When I finish it, I'll use that to get to Gruntship, it isn't finished yet.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, I just hope you approve me. I love RP, and would love to be given a chance. If I had a question, it would be this; How do I de-patch wow? If I can't, how do I manually patch it, so that it stops as 3.3? Like I said, I suck as technology, I might need help getting this going. Thank you for the time though, guys. Enjoy your day, hope I didn't waste too much of your time, lol. :P
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven't already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you're familiar to the server's expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don't fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you're writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I'm online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

Currently Demon Hunters are a prestige and unplayable by anyone who has not gone though the training. Once you become a grunt and prestige's open back up, you can apply for it. As for de-patching, there is a download on the Downloads page that you can use that will give you wow and all it's patches up to 3.3.5a. You can also Google up patch sites where you can manually download the patches needed.

Hope you enjoy your stay!