Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mistwalker's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello there! I’m 28 years old and I’m playing tabletop RPG more than 15 years. Actually, “playing” is the wrong word since I’m 95% of the time the game master (but I love it! Game mastering and coffee! It’s a-must combo). Still, it was the reason to try out MMO’s, where someone else could take the burden of creating the story. I was playing heavy RP UO shard “Night Vision” years ago and then I’ve moved to RP Lineage II server (yup! It’s possible!). After a year and a half the RP quality was going down the drain so I’ve moved to polish WoW RP server and I’ve spent there quite some time, playing & game mastering (sic!). But I’ve took a break for about year since I had no free time back then. Lately, I was back but I see that server is almost dead, and people just migrated to more crowded PvP/PvE server that was offspring of the first one. Sadly, I’m not looking for 100% Blizzlike experience, but well crafted RP environment, that’s why I’m here.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I’m from Poland, strictly from Wroclaw city, so Polish is my native language. I’m travelling quite a bit because of my job (I’m archaeologist) so I was working also in UK (Northern Ireland, Scotland (I love Glasgow!) and Buckinghamshire). I hope my English skills or time zone (+1 GMT) won’t be a problem.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Via the Dark Portal in the Badlands!
Well, seriously my way to Warcraft universe was bit odd. When the first games where out, I loved the story, detailed characters but really hated the RTS experience. I was always fan of big scale battles, so Warcraft was not my thing. But one of my friends was playing all the chapters and he loved to talk about the game’s lore. I found myself watching him play the Warcraft III Frozen Throne, but still I was not convinced to the game itself. And then, on the excavations in UK I’ve meet true WoW Addict. It was the time when I was fed up with Lineage II, and he was sinking the Warcraft poison in my ears for 3 months. When I had a chance I’ve read half of wowwiki and started my own journey to the Azeroth.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I’m impressed with RP focus on this server. It’s challenging in the good way, and reminds me of Ultima Online great times. I see from the recruitment process and server information that it’s not just about creating a good looking application and that’s it – you’re in, do what you want. I’m also happy about GM control over character level. I’ve seen really good RP players turning into silent grind machines with WotlK expansion. It’s in human nature that we want to be better than competition, but gear & level shouldn’t be so important on RP server I think.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I love all kinds of grey if you know what I mean. The truly evil or good characters could be seen only if they are compared to the middle ground. And that’s my favourite playground. Crime organizations, shadow cultists, political plots and dark alleys of Azeroth cities – hell yes! I know my characters might be not the most loved, but at least memorable. It’s not that I love creating sociopaths (we all know there are neutral good corsairs and lawful evil paladins), just like to add some spice to let the paladins be sweeter and Forsaken more frightening. I don’t mind relaxing tavern roleplay, as long as I have survived something that makes me want to relax and leave the weapons for a while. Moderation is the key word.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favourite race in Warcraft is humankind. The weakest of all (even the gnomes have their devastating technology) they dominated the world because might of their spirit. Sometimes they are walking the path of Light and justice, sometimes not, with the terrible consequences for the whole universe. They are both fragile and short lived; on the other hand not many races could reach their level of ambition. I also love to underline humankind diversity. You could be a Stormwind knight in shining armour or ruthless Defias agent, peasant with happy family located in Goldshire or grim Kul Tiras sailor fighting for survival in Kalimdor. It might be the easiest race to roleplay, but it’s up to you how high you want to put the difficulty.
Second would be Sin’Dorei and their complicated history after the third war. It gives the opportunity to create unique characters divided by political choices and morality questions. They could be full of passions like humans, but they have much more to lose if they make a false step.

And my favourite WoW class? It would be Rogue because my love for underworld scenarios. From silent and cold blooded SI:7 patriots to brutal road thugs. Same as warrior, most of the enemies would recruit form this class creating the background for players characters. Even the weakest mage could count on some respect because of years of studying Arcana. But to be counted as a rogue you just need to find yourself behind someone’s back, with knife or blackjack in your hand. You have to put a lot of effort and time to gain your reputation, but you can’t do it as openly as warriors or hunters (or you can if you like the feel of the rope around your neck).

Second favourite class would be Warlock. It’s not easy character to roleplay, and to do it well you have to read lots of WoW materials. You can’t really win when playing with Fel. It’s also very easy to play cliché, same as rogue. But who said that bad boys & girls will be easy to develop into lifelike and vivid characters? Challenge accepted 

What are your expectations of this server?:

Place where I can develop the characters story and interact with others. I’m looking for players that will actually love to roleplay keeping in mind that it’s multiplayer and should be fun for everyone.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The rule of humility! You are just one of the players, everyone is equal, and you are not unique snowflake that will bend other’s stories to your will. Ups, I’ve started to sound like Tyler Durden.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

[It was bit longer than I thought so I put it in a spoiler bracket]

Spoiler:
Young lord Stoneriver tried to focus on his lecture. For last twenty minutes he was stuck on the same page, distracted by the presence of mysterious woman. The noble always thought about himself as someone good in guessing others rank and lifestyle. It was useful skill on the Stormwind court, but he felt bit lost in Southshore.

For a guest from warm south, hillsbrad’s autumn was nothing nice, with cold mountain wind falling onto coastline from snowy Alterac Mountains. Yet the window in the tavern’s dining room was still open, letting in icy air and outside noises. Lord Stoneriver stopped pretending that he’s actually reading anything. He tried again solving the woman’s mystery.

He was not to eager to just start the conversation. She was almost a head taller than him, with broad shoulders and strong legs of mountain girl. But she kept her head high, gazing into the Southshore’s crowded square. Her body language was nervous, more like a warrior than simple peasant woman. He wasn’t sure, but one of the tavern girls was referring to her as “lady”. Maybe she was the first northern noble he had opportunity to meet. With her milky skin and cooper hair she was some way interesting, but still bit brutish. Dressed like a man, with high riding boots and white wool shirt she stayed in the window like she didn’t notice the outside cold. Lord Stoneriver closed his book silently and moved slowly to her across the bright room.

As he approached he had opportunity to give a look at her weapons that she kept close to her on broad leather belt. She was armed with Longsword scaled to her impressive height and long dirk faced handle down on the right hip. The sword was telling more about his owner than most people would admit. This particular weapon was more suited for mercenary than noble. Pommel had shape of massive steel ball designed to use as hammer in close combat. Same cross guard, long for protection and ended with two pointy studs for face and neck punches in clinch.

The woman must hear him coming since she rested her left arm on sword’s hilt, still looking at the crowd outside the tavern. Noble looked under her broad shoulder, trying to see what could attract her attention for so long time.

“What’s happening?” he tired to sound casual and little bored.

“Public execution sire, local problems” her voice was deep, with strong northern accent. She was older than he thought, standing so close to her he could notice how fit and muscular she was yet still intriguing in some exotic manner. She had narrow eyes in dirty ice colour, milk & honey skin with bleak freckles around straight, hillfolk nose. Her jaw was square and strong, giving her even more powerful and cocky look. He saw a wrinkle or a scar bending around her pale lips when she suddenly smiled to him, making some room near the window.

“Thank you my lady” he made a full court bow for her, making her blink “my name is Winston Stoneriver, Lord of Grandys Rock, from Kingdom of Stormwind”

“Lady Beatrice Brutti” She noded and gave him very strong handshake, then looked again at the square where angry peasants started to scream curses onto prisoners. Two chained bandits where already on the gallow’s platform. The third one was carried by two Southsore guards. He was in terrible shape, tied to old chair.

“What’s wrong with this man my lady?”

“Well sire, as I know he was the leader of brigands unit that was surrounded by the guards and their new skilful commander. The rest died fighting, only those survived long enough to be hanged.”

“And what’s with the chair?” He looked at her cold face, trying to figure why lady Brutti was watching this common entertainment.

“Their leader was wounded in the back; he lost ability to walk I suppose”

“Let’s hope that he still can hang by himself” Winston smiled to her but without any response. The woman’s eyes where following the convict, till he was placed on the trap door with the rope around his neck.

Suddenly whole Southsore cried joyfully, when hated brigands where executed. Redhead woman was still silent; she closed her eyes and reached with right hand for small iron symbol of light hanging on her strong neck. It was cheap and unskilful made medallion, old and rusty. She kissed it and let it disappear under wool shirt, turning away from the window. First time in his life young lord felt ignored.

“Milady? Is something wrong?” Winston was not giving up.
“No sire, everything is as it should be. They knew what will happen to them” She was hiding her eyes from him, he was sure of that.
“Maybe you should drink some sherry, to let your thoughts rest for a moment?”
Again, she ignored him. After long, piercing and awkward silence she looked at him and smiled a bit.

“I’m guessing that you are this southern diplomat that travels with some old knight in golden armour?”

Lord Stoneriver was surprised and bit worried, since his strange guest appeared to know much more about him.

“Yes, it’s me. My companion, Sir Mycah, left me here and moved to help the commander of the local guards. Good knight, and old friend of my father”

“And he’s from Lordaeron” she added without sympathy

“Indeed... we are heading to... excuse me? Would you mind to tell me how do you know so much about us, milady? Are you here from Wildhammers request?” he raised his eyebrow when she laughed at him and shake her head.

“I know that your friend hired few guides to travel onto dwarven lands. You should stay here and wait for some big Wildhammer caravan heading that way. If you take people from the village, your bones will be visible on the road next summer.” She shake one of the bottles left on the tables and emptied it like a buccaneer.

“Why? I don’t see the reason to...”
“The reason is...” she stopped him half the sentence “that both farmers from here and Syndicate that dictates the rules in the mountains will kill you for such fancy clothes and armour.”

“We are far from Alterac ruins…”
“Alterac is closer than you think” she smiled with satisfaction and left the empty bottle on the table. “If you are wise man my lord, you will stay here and wait for the dwarfs.”

Winston wanted to replay but she just nodded gracefully and moved to the dining room exit.

“I’m back my lord. Hope I wasn’t needed here”. Bald knight in golden armour bowed before both of them, standing in the exit. He might have his best years passed, but sir Mycah was still an impressive man, tall as lady Brutti, with strong shoulders covered by blue cloak. He brushed his white beard looking on both nobles.

“Ah Sir Mycah Mirkford” Lord Stoneriver smiled to old warrior. “This is Lady Beatrice Brutti, she have mostly interesting advice for us. She’s from local nobility”

“It’s a pleasure” Knight bowed again before woman. There was uncomfortable silence crawling into the room.

“So, what was the advice then?” Sir Mirkford looked Beatrice in the eye.
“You should stay in Southshore and wait for your dwarf friends. You won’t reach their lands even with local guides.” She looked at knights Lordaeron emblem pined to the cloak. “You should know that those lands are ruled by Syndicate now and..”
“They are ruled by Southsore and Wildhammers young lady. Syndicate is just a pack of brigands and cutthroats. We are not going to change our plans because of that.”

“Then you will die before the first snow will show on the roads.” She tried to pass him but he stopped her.

“Are you from Stromgarde milady?” she stepped back and shaked her head.
“No sire, from the north-western parts.” She proudly raised her chin and crossed her arms.
“There is nothing north-west from Arathi but snow, ruins and rogues” there was a treat in his voice. Suddenly woman rushed to him, standing very close to the surprised knight, looking him straight in the eyes.

“Are you questioning my birth my lord? You want to bring this discussion outside?”
“I’m not crossing the blade with a woman, stand back milady”
“You might be forced to abandon this rule if you keep insulting me this way”

“Please, both of you! Are you going to slit your throats?!” Sir Stoneriver tried to separate both nobles beore they reach for swords. Finally lady Brutti stepped down and passed both men to the exit. When she was in the tavern’s hall, she heard Mirkford voice:

“Sooner or later justice will bring upon brigands what they deserve. Like those foul men today!”

Sir Winston Stoneriver woke up before the down. He smelled smoke and saw blink of flames in the window. The night sky was lighten up by blaze coming from guards quarters. He opened the window and heard rising screams in the alleys of Southsore.
“The commander is dead! Commander is dead! They must be still in the village!”
Few guards rushed with torches trough the main street. Suddenly young noble felt fear crawling to his throat. He grabbed his sword and stormed to his friend’s room.

In the light of the outside blaze he saw old knight still sleeping peacefully in his bed. Sir Winston felt bit stupid, and smiled to his thought when suddenly something shined high above Mirkford’s hest. He stepped forward and screamed, waking up sir Mycah.

They both stared at Mirkford’s sword, floating in the air, five feet above his chest. In the dancing light of flames both men noticed that the weapon was attached to the joist with single human hair – long and copper…

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not right now but I wanted to share with one thing: YOUR WIKI IS ADDICTIVE! ><
(Instead of writing my introduction I was reading it almost two days in a row. )
I hope that everything will be ok from the formal side since I had problems with applying in the old forum style (inactive Introduction Template).
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you’re familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I’m online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

Very nice story I must say, and I'll be working on making the wiki even MORE addictive so you shall forever be stuck in it. Your English is very good and it won't be an issue at all. Being an archaeologist sounds rather interesting as well!

Hope you enjoy your stay!
It looks like you created an account! Considering you're the first one that has done so since switching over to this new forum, did you have any issues while doing so?
Sir! No, Sir!
Indeed, as mentioned in shoutbox, when I was confirming the password all the coded dots disappeared except one, but pass is working fine so it was just visual flaw.

@Reigen
Quote:Being an archaeologist sounds rather interesting as well!
Yes it is! That's how I discovered that in Old High German language Thrall means "enslaved" or "mind-controlled". Aedelas Blackmoore had specific sense of humour...