Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Niccata's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, the silence either means indifference or just the fact that no one has an answer. I will just post my Introduction here and ... hopefully it will serve the purpose. Don't wanna sound desperate, but I really want to play here.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

My name is Cata. I guess in English it’s pronounced Kata. I’m 20 years old, I love drawing, gaming, chatting, skateboarding and music. I like to help people in any way I can, that’s why I’m planning to be answering people’s questions in the forums every chance I get, if I am welcomed here. I don’t like sunsets, because they’re depressing and give me the illusion of death/end, cinnamon, because everything that should be sweet in Greece is full of it, people that act better than they actually are, and heights. Oh and usually I tell the truth, even if it hurts the other person… so I’m honest and cruel. Or maybe just fully honest. xD

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I’m from Romania but I’ve been living in Athens, Greece for 3 years now. My primary language is Romanian but I know English very well too.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A friend of mine disappeared one day and I went to his house to check up on him. He was playing World of Warcraft and it captivated me right away. He showed me the basics and I played for a while on a unstable private server that was wiping almost weekly all the characters, so I didn’t get really far. In October 2010 I restarted playing and it was great, because I played the original WoW and now there were so many changes, in Wrath of the Lich King but the atmosphere wasn’t the same. People just wanted to reach level 80 as fast as they could and just brag about their GS. They dragged me into it but I was never happy with my lvl 80 char because I never had the chance to even read the quest texts. I just really want to have the chance to do that. :D

What made you seek our server over others?:
Saint Google. First and kind of only server I found. It seems you people are serious about the community and want to have serious and friendly players, that’s why the interview style method of selecting your “clients” is an amazing idea.
I’m looking for a place where I can enjoy this game as it was intended to be played. No more powerleveling, no more “noob”, no more cheating and elitism. The idea of roleplaying is rather new to me as a concept, but there were many times when I would be so into the action and story, I would lose myself and just be the character.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I like hanging around in small groups, around the fire and just chat, although I haven’t roleplayed while doing this but it sounds amazing. In RBGs I would say things to inspire and empower my team, even though we were losing, I always told them that if we cannot win the battle, they will learn to fear us, knowing we never backed down. Guess I’ve always been attracted to the acting part, just never knew there was an actual term for it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

The first time I rolled a Tauren Warrior, because it looked strong. Since I restarted playing, I chose a Human Paladin, because the idea of a strong warrior with spells always attracted me. After playing a long time I finally saw that it was stronger than I ever imagined and started understanding more about the game while playing but I have so much more to learn about paladins that I’m afraid to try different races and classes. It’s just very overwhelming. I’ve been developing a huge hatred towards the Horde so I’ll get very medieval on anyone from that faction, if they deserve it. Most servers have more Hordies than Alliance, but zerging is their primary weapon and that doesn’t say anything about their honor and value as individuals or as a faction. If you like the Horde, good for you, I have nothing against you as a player and I hope I didn’t offend anyone. As I said above, I just tell the truth.

What are your expectations of this server?

I hope that I will truly find people who actually enjoy the game as much as I want to and that we can have a great time playing this amazing game. I also hope that there is no corruption among gm’s and no favoritism. Mostly I expect fairplay and to never see in chat the word “noob”.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The respect is what many players are looking for everywhere now and don’t find. That’s why so many players just quit all of a sudden. It’s not about the game being addictive or Cataclysm being better or other games being better. It’s a game after all, people play it to relax and enjoy themselves, but nowadays, people are mean. It’s sad that a spectacular game like World of Warcraft is being overtaken by rudeness and elitism.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!

( This is a story I made up on the spot when a new English teacher from highschool wanted to check our individual English level. Hope you enjoy it.)

When I opened the door, I saw his car across the street. He was inside, holding the steering wheel tight, staring… He was white, as if he had seen a ghost. I didn’t panic, thinking that this was another one of his episodes, like that time when he had a fight with his dad and he wanted to kill himself. He is so unstable.
I knocked lightly on the window, afraid not to scare him. In his trance-like state, God knows how he’d react. But he heard my knock, blinked a few times and turned his head slowly towards me. His eyes were red, deep and it startled me, for I’ve never seen him like this. I got in the car, right next to him. He was maintaining his position and the uncomfortable silence lasted a while, until I was sure that no matter what I’ll ask him, the story will be tragic and dramatic. I stopped analyzing my questions and imagining his possible answers, so I asked him what happened. He was shaking really bad, he didn’t answer. I take a look on the car floor and there were some needles and an empty bottle of scotch. He always tried to drink and drug the pain out, so he could forget just for a second what was he running from. Sad part is that problems know how to swim.
He lets go of the steering wheel, looks at me and says that he is sorry. I was confused, trying to understand what he meant by that but before I can say anything, he takes a gun under his chair and unloads it into his mouth.
The explosion, that loud bang was a lot louder than I thought it could be. The blood was everywhere; on the back seat, on the rooftop, on my face, on the dashboard.. How can a person bleed so much?
I got out of the car, slowly and carefully, for I was feeling dizzy, confused, while I was wiping blood and brains off of me. People were screaming, staring, the ambulance and police sirens were somewhere in the distance, getting closer and closer. I fall in the grass, run my hand through my hair, then light up a cigarette.
In that chaos of light, blood, people, I take a look again in the car. His face looked familiar, but it was too dark and too messy in the car to distinguish something. In the next moment, a car passed by that filled my friend’s entire car with blurry white light… I can’t breathe… I saw his face but… it was me…

(The story is part fictional. I do not use drugs. The friend was a real friend from childhood that had problems with his parents and ran away from home often, beaten up, and come to me. He didn’t die, it’s just a madeup story.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Although I’ve never roleplayed, I started to update my lore knowledge and I’m reading RP guides and tips. Hope I won’t disappoint anyone, but I’m trying to assimilate as much as I can and in the same time come up with a good story for my character, but that’s after I decide what class and race I will choose. Guess I’m gonna wuss out and create another pala ^_^. Anyway, thanks for reading and hopefully I’ll see you all ingame soon.
I think folks were overlooking your intro, since new users now simply post an introduction in this forum instead of using a script or anything. At any rate, welcome, and thank you for your patience!

Be sure to read the global announcement regarding Connecting to the Server! It will likely help, and let me know if you have issues creating a server account. Considering I just changed the code to (theoretically) work with this new forum system, I'm not sure if it works properly yet.