Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Aeliven's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
Well, let's see...I'm the kind of player that's just looking to have a good time. I've always had an in-depth fascination with Role-Playing Games, simply because they can be beautiful, dramatic, and poetic, all at the same time. I'm only a high schooler; I'm heavily athletic and into schoolwork, so during the school-year, I'm not around very often, but when the summer swings around, I'll be on up to even daily. I've been a writer my whole life, so this server looks like it really catches me, simply because I can come up with a brilliant and epic story.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
Well...my family is from Israel, and even though English is my second language, I speak it very fluently.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother just introduced me to the strategy game series and World of Warcraft. I really loved the detail that was put into the world, and the infinite number of things that can be done, all mixed in with beautiful soundtrack and a whole community to play with.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I just looked up "World of Warcraft Role Playing Private Servers." I kind of got sick of everything over on retail, namely because that old, friendly feeling seemed to be vanishing, and even the role-playing servers were filled with people that I can't stand. There was no more role-play, in short. I like the looks of this because it is a smaller, friendly community that focuses on role-play.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
I LOVE role-play with all of the combined elements above. In short, I prefer a complicated, epic storyline, that takes the characters all of the way to end game. I love relationships between characters, whether they be friendships or rivalries, and I tend to focus in on that standard Lord of the Rings style fellowship. I also like every substory to have a moral, and the main storyline to kind of be an analogy to our world; all of the trouble, terror, wrongdoings, but then hope also; and that hope lies in the hands of a few young, seemingly insignificant people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love the Human Paladin. My standard character is a teenaged boy who can barely swing a sword, but over time evolves into a paladin. I believe that the most influential of people come from simple backgrounds, and I believe that the Human Paladin can best fit this description.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find a friendly, role-play oriented community that doesn't get to worked up into it, but loves to have FUN. After all, we have to put up with enough seriousness in life, don't we? I figure it's a good way to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
The rule about respect really appeals to me. I can't stand those little middle schoolers (no stereotypes intended, there are many fine middle schoolers out there) that have no lives and act like little dweebs all of the time, sitting around on chat all day and talking about the most pointless things. I naturally command alot of respect, and I always give it to those who deserve it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is not actually required until you aim to move up to Gruntship. Please state your intentions if you wish to complete this later.)
All right, here it goes:
There was a silent dread on the wind. Every day, Aelivan and his companions drew further and further away from home, and closer to the very heart of evil.
The land was so dry and dusty that it could have easily been the surface of a foreign, lifeless world. It seemed that the very particles of sand were draining the moisture out of his body. His eyes constantly fell dry and teared up, stinging at his face violently. This inhospitable land would overwhelm the group long before they drew anywhere near the citadel of Anaxes.
"Aelivan, you should rest. Look at you!" Eilea, the young night elf priestess, wrapped her arms around Aelivan's shoulders.
Aelivan had hardly taken the time to realize it, but his strength was draining. His legs wobbled back and forth violently, and his head sporadically flashed in and out in a daze. When Aelivan did finally sit down and lean up against a rock, the relaxation, even in this hell-hole, was one of the greatest feelings of his life.
"Another example of how you need total hell to realize the good things, huh?" Vanaka, a young spellcaster of Aeliven's age, sat down next to him. "I remember back in Northshire, the worst that would happen to us was a minor scrape or scratch. You would whine about that for days, wouldn't you?"
Aelivan forced a smile. "I forget what home looks like. I can barely even recall grass or trees."
"Don't worry, Ael. We'll be back home before you know it."

Hundreds of miles away, in a land of pure fire, ash, and shadow, Anaxes stood atop his tower, eyeing the world that was soon to be his. He held up a hand of bone and dried flesh.
"Tell me, Eratar, why, when the necromantic arts sustain be, do I still look like a corpse?"
"Milord?" A young orc stood at the entrance to the tower's peak. "I cannot say. I am not a necromancer."
"You mortals are so...fortunate."
"But, milord, you will live forever! I will die in a blink of your eye."
"It seems that my...immortality...has a price. I never really think to admit it, but when I close my eyes, the only bright times I can remember are..."
"When you were mortal?"
"For an orc that's supposed to be bashing heads, you have some measure of wisdom." Anaxes paused. "Tell me, young one; why do you not fear me? You look me in the eye when you speak to me, and you never cower before me. Not once." Anaxes turned his glowing red eyes to Eratar.
"I fear you not because you have given me something to live for. Had you not found me, I would have fought and died for nothing. I was a mindless animal. You have to admit though, spending many months around you has brought be some...unnatural influence. It's a natural thing; I will automatically learn from your greatness."
"Thank you for your praise, Eratar." Anaxes eyed the ground. "It has been millennia. Five thousand years have passed since I was a mortal; since I truly lived." Anaxes felt something, an emotion that he had not felt in an age. "I remember the fields, basked by the light's golden honey. I remember chasing Hayden around all afternoon. We were so entertained by the simplest of things. Then, when the time to return home came, the sun was setting. The fireflies were glowing throughout the surrounding forests. Fresh, mouthwatering food always sat on the table for us when we returned home." He paused. "I forget the taste of vegetables and bread, and the soothing of water." Upon the dried flesh of his face, a slight smile curved. "That is what it was like to be a mortal. Now, they all hate me." He peered out from his tower, across the lands until the breaking of the horizon. "The battle will come. It will come in the hands of a few young adventurers, once mortal as I was. Will history repeat itself, as happened with me, or will we fall into darkness?"

Sitting upon his stone, Aelivan peered in the direction of the Tower of Anaxes. He felt the gaze upon him. "We are coming."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
Just the legality of this server. It is legal, right, and if not, I am not held liable for anything? Not that it really matters; it's well worth any risk.
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you’re familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I’m online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

All private servers are technically stealing, as we are using a product that was for sale and requires a monthly fee. I do not think you'd be held liable for anything, but it's not something I'd go spreading around on a retail realm. Keep in mind we are still on WotLK and you might have to downpatch if you are currently using cata.

Hope you enjoy your stay!