Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sponx's Introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a rather casual player, I enjoy playing from time to time, and have been playing MMO's since I was 10, and single player RPG's since I was 3. Right now I am just about to turn 20 years old.

I'm a social gamer, love meeting new people and I have met tons of friends I still have from online gaming up through the years. And I've been role-playing since I first started playing MMO's. At the start it wasn't very thought out or serious at all, but I evolved over the years, and consider myself to be a good role player at the time being, and I would love to get even better.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Norway, and Norwegian is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Through friends, we started playing WC3 in some small LAN-parties when we were 11-12, and got psyched when we heard about WoW.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Roleplaying, and the community, which I (from a limited posts on the forums) think looks very promising and I feel like I would fit in just perfect.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Anything, really. My characters are usually of the social type, always making new friends while still keeping loyal to the best friends. I enjoy roleplaying in groups, but I've caught myself a few times actually roleplaying by myself in retail-WoW.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I think that must be Humans or Night Elves, mainly because of the lore behind the races. But I really like all of the races. When it comes to classes, I think it must be the Druid. My first character was a Night Elf Druid, and I role-played with her for over 5 years.

What are your expectations of this server?:
That you are a nice, friendly bunch of people that it's easy to socialize and RP with.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The "respect" part. I always respect other people, unless they act disrespectful to me, and at that point I just ignore them completely.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Wulfrith wasn't used to running like this. The last time he can remember running like this was when he was chasing some Orc cowards some 20 years ago. Now he was a retired soldier, enjoying the usually quiet life in Elwynn Forest, just outside of Goldshire. He rarely ventured into Stormwind City, but today it was necessary. He needed some food, and the only thing left in Goldshire was some old bread and meat, not very tempting.

He had found himself inside the old part of the city when he noticed some shady people following him. As soon as they saw him glancing over his shoulder for the 3rd time, they started running after him. Wulfrith, although one of the better soldiers in his prime, he was getting old, slow and probably not able to take out three gang members with only his fists. So he ran. His body really wasn't built to run like this anymore, he was getting tired already, the three others were catching up. Wulfrith halted, and turned around.

As the three men stopped, their smirks grew larger by the second, their eyes inspecting the old mans body. "Give us all of your money, and you can walk away from this, grandpa," one of them said, laughing as he finished his sentence. Wulfrith stood there, not moving or showing and hint of fear. "No. Just walk away before you do something you'll regret." Wulfrith said that with a stern voice, impressed by himself that he managed to seem so calm. The truth is, he wasn't. One of the men drew a dagger out of his belt, lunging towards him.

Mmmh, call it a cliffhanger, call it writers-block. I'm all out as to how I should finish this at the moment. Hope it's good enough as it is, though.
Hello there Sponx, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

... I'd love to read the end of that story. You can come back and finish it at any point, no worries. Supposing you even want to, that is - I feel even a short excerpt like that gave me a good idea what to expect from you as a writer. Glad to have you.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I will probably finish it up as soon as possible when I have the time. Time isn't something I have enough of at the moment with exams and everything, but I will work on it when I can.