Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jinx426 Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been around playing video and computer games since a very young age and have always been a bit competitive with them; however over the last few years I've become more into the story and lore of games and now i find it hard to play games lacking in either.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
NZ/AUST
i speak English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
i once seen my friend playing WoW around the time of its release and thought it looked pretty cool, fairly soon after that i got W3 and played through its campaign and the frozen thrown as well which I'm glad i did because when a lore discussion ever broke out in guild chats i was well prepared.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was looking for an RP server that felt RP was a valued aspect ( across the entire server) unlike the retail RP servers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
i enjoy both the quiet low key scene and the heavy action scene, in both i prefer to be part of a mass group with perhaps smaller groups in it (such as a tavern full of people but with smaller parties or pairs at tables)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The Forsaken are my favourite playable race as they care and feel for none but their own survival as a race (a trait i wish more super villains had).
Paladins and warlocks are my favourite classes. Uther was my favourite hero in W3 and a paladin was my first level 70.
i just love the power a high warlock has at his or her disposal.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A group of people who love to role play together and maintain their character no matter where or what they are doing without anyone ripping on someone for wanting to role play.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?
Respect
Without it i don't see how a Role Play server can have happy Role Players *glances sheepishly at retail*

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I was sitting in the tavern in BootyBay I was supposed to meet my next contractor here but he was running late. They always do. Can't say I cared though, a hired assassin pays well, even better if the target is a wealthy figure. I ordered another drink and continued to wait when the door bust open and in walked 3 brooding men, probably bandits, I wasn't looking for a fight so I left the bartender a hefty tip and proceeded to leave the bar. As I passed them one of them gave me a heavy nudge, I pretended like it was my fault and tried to leave but the same one that nudged me grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back into the chair beside him. I was outnumbered so there was only one way I was getting out of this.
"Name your price and I'll be on my way," I said looking them each in the eyes in turn. I can't be sure but I believe one of them mumbled blood before I caught a heavy wave of fire to the face and was blinded before I could see again another stabbed me just below the heart and I fell back off my chair. As I bled to death on the ground I watched as they ran for the door but twice as many Bruisers ran in and the Bartender wasn't shy either. As I watched them go down in a blaze of fire and steal clashing I couldn't believe that after all these years it was but 3 strangers to bring me down in my favourite tavern. As least I wasn't going to die alone tonight was my final thought.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
the above was my first time writing a tale from Azeroth from scratch so i understand it may be bleargh and need some work but any feedback is good feedback.
Hello there jinx426, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Hi there, glad to have you! The best way to pick up feedback for your work is posting some of it in the feedback forum. I'm sure people'd be happy to give you comments and critique if you ask for it.
Other than that, try to remember to capitalise the start of every sentence! And welcome!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.