Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Faebear's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

As a player, I do like to push my boundaries a bit, but always within reason. I usually multiplay because for some reason I like to have one character that is very much based off of myself, while the others beyond that one character are usually very extreme and outlandish from being human. For example, when I roleplayed in wow I had my blood elf who I had a strong connection with and was very human in nature, then I had my troll and my dwarf who I actually had more fun light-hearted roleplay with. To me, the point of roleplaying is to submerge myself in a world in which I cannot be apart of in reality. Besides my main character that I chose to play, the others I use more so to enhance others with their own journey and stories. I absolutely hate it when players emotionally involve themselves in roleplay. If my character is rude to yours, or if your character is rude to mine, there should be no hard feelings between players and that is it. We roleplay to create a realistic world in a fantasy setting, and our characters are supposed to be diverse. In life, we come across difficult people, and if someone plays a difficult character it doesn't make them difficult themselves. I noticed, especially on warcraft rp servers, that characters will get involved with each other because of player intentions and I am also a firm believer in avoiding this. Relationships in character should be strictly for story purposes, and as a roleplayer I expect other players to respect that and keep it impersonal. I am always very respectful and friendly to players, and you will probably notice my drastic changes in mood from IC to OOC. I like to make my characters feel as realistic as possible and give life and soul to them, which can make my characters racist, ignorant, and rude in some cases, but I would never cross that line out of character.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I am from the United States and have been since birth. English is my primary language and I don't speak any other languages except for internet lingo. Obviously, in a roleplay setting, internet lingo is ridiculous to use and uncharacteristic of the universe, I just find it easier and somewhat funny to use internet speak OOC. I started out on a pvp server, so talking in trade was frequent and good grammar was far and inbetween, but again, net speak is exclusive to trade/OOC. As I said before, I don't speak other languages, but I have been roleplaying for a very long time now and have associated myself with lingo for situations. For example, if you see me using broken english while playing a troll, it's to fit the role of the character not my lack of grammar. Also, you will probably notice that my rp will be much more structured on forums than in-game, that's simply because I proof read, and proof reading is a bit difficult in-game unless it's a prepared macro or a character's catch phrase.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I had played diablo II until it's downfall so I was familiar with atleast one blizzard game when I heard about warcraft. I did not play through any warcraft game previous to world of warcraft, but I did read up on enough lore from books and wikipedia, and from just involving myself in the world in general. My first encounter with wow was at my neighbor's house, and I created a night elf rogue in Vanilla when it first came out on Daggarspine server. I was younger and never made it past level 25, but it definitely gave me some experience when I decided to get my own account. I bought an account at the end of burning crusade and hit level 70 a week before wrath of the lich king was released. I was in a pve guild from Naxxramas until ICC, then after most of the world experienced ICC and had the kingslayer title, I transfered to Moonguard because I eventually got tired of the gameplay aspect and wanted to have more meaning behind my character than just some purple armor.

What made you seek our server over others?:
This server was the first one that popped up on google search, and after reading through everything here I didn't see a point in looking for other options. I was skeptical about coming to a private server because of hackers and trolls, but because I immediately noticed your security on member access I was absolutely thrilled. I had trouble finding the right guild when I played on the live version of wow. Considering every one I found was a secret legion of Arthas' children that he mysteriously gave birth to while encased in the frozen throne, I was pretty disappointed, but there were some true roleplayers out there after doing some digging. Considering I found a secure server like yours right away, I was very lucky to avoid all the other nonesense out there.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I enjoy all types of roleplay, usually a dramatic setting is what I like. I have certain characters for the types of roleplay I like, but generally I go for the 'epic' style I guess you could say. The guild I was in before was a military style blood-knight guild, so I enjoy conflicts and battling over comedy. I'm much more of a verbal roleplayer, so instead of just having armies run at eachother, I really enjoy the meetings before a fight, roleplaying being injured, etc. Celebrating and having comedy inbetween danger is definitely necessary fun, but I do roleplay with purpose. I want my character to go through challenges, gain friendships, have love ones go missing, have their life in danger, have them celebrate victories, and to do what they consider right (or wrong if I intend them to be evil).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

It's very difficult to pick a favorite, but I guess I would have to say that I grew an attachment to my Blood Elf Holy Paladin. Like I said before, I had a bond with her and she is the main character to my story. She is the character I use as my hero-type and I can adjust her to many different situations. She's my explorer, my most skilled, and my warcraft version of me. When I played wow for pve/pvp purposes, I stuck to healers specifically. I am pretty terrible at pvp, but my pve talent was in healing. I made a holy priest and a holy paladin and raided with both, so naturally when I wanted to create a life for my paladin she was my nice, gentle protector. The other two characters I enjoyed playing was a mentally disturbed troll Shaman, and a dwarf priest that I played as a civilian. My shaman got a bit gorey and vulgar but she was a lot of fun, and my dwarf was used for comic relief. Depending on the situation, I have fun playing all types of characters.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect to meet some friendly players and hopefully come up with some amazing original stories. The warcraft universe is a lot of fun and I've missed it for too long and I hope to be able to get involved in it again. I'm looking to play with mature players who can put in-character differences aside, and to be able to cause conflict without taking personal offense. I'm looking for a friendly atmosphere as well as an involved plot-line.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

Definitely the new member security. Trolls and hackers are terrible and it's difficult to work around them. I'm glad that you look for atleast somewhat experienced roleplayers while also giving new roleplayers a chance to learn. The one rule I did find to be difficult to understand was interactions with canons and lore characters. Obviously being being a half-naaru half-orc demi-god raised by deathwing doesn't make any sense, but having zero interaction with lore characters can also be creatively limiting I think. I know what the staff meant by having the rule, and it is completely understandable, so I guess I was just wondering what the limit to your rules were. I really like to involve gameplay in with my roleplaying a little bit which is difficult to say that your character never came in contact with any lore.

When I'm writing my profile, are we allowed to involve characters with in-game raids without claiming signifigance or awards? I wanted my character to have experienced some of the raids I experienced (specifically Naxxramas), but I planned on having her be one of many in any situation. Guilds I joined in the past handled instances as if we were a team of 25 out of an entire army that assisted in the conquer of a raid, but we were not the leaders and do not get recognized in lore for the killing of a boss. Would this work for this server as well?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is not actually required until you aim to move up to Gruntship. Please state your intentions if you wish to complete this later.)

I had a private journal for my blood elf paladin when I used to roleplay on live world of warcraft. This is her entry based off of a city raid the guild ran against a rival night elf guild on the server. The guild I had joined was called 'The Sunguard' and this was my first city raid with them. Our NPC target was Staghelm. Certain things that are mentioned, for example her 'northrend' armor, are rp explainations for game mechanics. The guild was an rp-pvp guild so the rest of the guild wore pvp armor for the raid, but because I was a new member I was still wearing tier 9/10. She called her tier sets her northrend armor. Also, the last statement was an incharacter reply to my account getting hacked. The day after the raid I logged on and all of my gold / items / armor were gone so I didn't want to just have an OOC reason for it.

"I woke up at Splintertree post, although the inn wasn't the most comforting I've slept in. I got down to the beach early to enjoy the sun before the drums of war broke the silence of nature. The Zoram'gar post wasn't exactly peaceful, with the infiltrated Naga around, the fishing village felt hardly peaceful at all, even with the presence of the Horde there. I spoke to some of the trolls there before the troops prepared, apparently they are going to be doing a lot of construction in the area and the small post will become a fully reinforced town soon. Perhaps this will help us gain victory over the forest here. The beach was relaxing closer to the post, but once you venture out, even just a tiny bit, the Naga there won't leave you alone. Perhaps with the new construction they will be able to clear out the infestation and the strand might actually be a nice place to relax.

Onto further engagements, the Sunguard had proven themselves to be a strong force, but the Alliance are not easy foes. We prepared on the beach with various other groups, including Thrall's mighty Kok'kron Legion, the Hawktotem Tribe on Mulgore, The Will of Dath'Remar a fellow group of Blood Elves, and many others. Our numbers were not one-sided though, you see the Alliance were aware of our attack and gathered their forces quickly. My Northrend armor hardly was a threat against the savage Night elf weaponry. The armor wasn't made to protect against polearms and other night elf-made weapons, but was forged to work against the cold of the citadel and scourge magic. The Sunguard had sent one battalion to the Siege today, when I was initiated the other night I was told to be prepared for battle. As you can see, I made it out alive, as did everyone else, but I cannot say we did not make it out flawlessly. We had so many injured in the end, but nothing a little prayer and some bandages couldn't fix.

The Horde march on Darnassus started at nightfall. Obviously not my favorite choice of timing, I prefer midday, but we can't always win. We had dinner just before so our troops were well fed. It didn't take long to secure our spot in the Night Elf settlement of Auberdine, we had taken over their docks for quite sometime before seeing any combat. We were ready to take the boat when it showed up, but the second half of our army was able to board the boat, the Alliance surprised us and marched in on our backs. I was waiting for my turn to board, and I heard the cry that ended our organization. "The Alliance at our backs" I heard from one of the other blood elves in line, and I turned my back to prepare for battle immediately. I couldn't see them at first, but the first half of our army was able to safely depart off the dock towards Darnassus, or so I thought. Felthier bellowed to the Sunguard to stay behind and fend off the Alliance troops here so our comrads to hopefully get to the Archdruid before the Alliance could get there. We couldn't hold them off long enough, and we found out later that Staghelm had his own guard that our first battalion ran into. The site was horrific at the docks, I was healing as many injured in the back as I could as fast as I could, but they're attack had not been prepared for in Auberdine, and their numbers were intimidating. Many feinted during the fight, but luckily our first group was able to drive the Alliance back into the city. We were able to make quick preperations to restablish our group and move foward. Unfortunately, when we got into the city, we had no better luck, the Alliance were prepared for every move we had. After looking over the Alliance army we were faced with, there was little hope to succeeding in our siege. Felthier did what he could to get us all in one place to be able to seek refuge after our defeat, and all of us were able to safely teleport back to Orgrimmar. I stayed a little later to help the Mages get through the portal after most of our troops were able to get through. I hate leaving the caster's behind, at least my Northrend armor is better fit than the Magister's.

On a not-so-good but lighter note, my room had been robbed last night at the Silvermoon Inn, and the culprit is being searched for by the local law enforcement. I would've parted with some gems or some gold, but they took everything. Times are hard, but I won't be able to help the poverty-stricken elves unless I have my armor, doesn't matter how much it's worth."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

My question was asked during the rules/regulations question, and I can't wait to hopefully play with you all in the future!
Hello there faebear, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

To answer your question, no, I don't believe our characters are permitted to have more than a fleeting, non-personal interaction with lore characters or dungeons. I'm on the fence, as I do agree with you, but at the same time I have seen the harm done by allowing such liberties to a playerbase. We're saving ourselves more grief than we are losing out, effectively.

I could be wrong here, but I believe some bosses killed in dungeons and raids aren't actually dead lore-wise, either now or in the future, so it's a dicey thing to claim. I'd steer clear of it to stay on the safe side.

Anyway, glad to have you. I'm sure you'll have plenty of pleasurable roleplaying experiences regardless.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.