Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: jakeykins13 Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well I'm used to playing a variety of PC games and eventually found WoW, I was pretty much an avid player until Cataclysm hit and then I just realised that I didn't like the player-base, people were rude and unfair and anyone that made a mistake "god-forbid" was instantly flamed ridiculously. During this time I found WoW lore more interesting, I always liked reading and so reading pages and pages of lore just sounded like a plan.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from England, so English is my native tongue.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play Warcraft 3 a lot when I first found it, and the fact that it was an RTS and a fantasy game made me love it all the more. When I heard that WoW was coming out I was over the moon... until I realised I had to pay, as a kid I wasn't prepared to pay £9 a month but over time I gave in... I didn't have much choice really did I? ha

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, like I said earlier, Retail isn't a nice place any more. People just seem to hate everyone. Plus RP servers are fun, but people are really focused on other things and people don't just "chill" and nobody has any time to RP.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I hate to say this as it really isn't very specific, but I really enjoy all aspects of RP, I can quite easily go from sitting in a bar to a fight where I take on a mix of orcs and then travel to a nearby dungeon to fight through hordes of monsters with my friends. I think I'm quite good at improvising and responding to changes in subject.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is kind of a mix of Goblins, Orcs and Taurens. I like the Goblins money grabbing-ness they are just funny and have a kind of charm. Orcs are my sympathy vote, for such a cool race they don't half take a lot of rubbish, but I'm not that keen on Garrosh, he's a bit of a blood-letter in my opinion. Taurens are much more spiritual and so I like that aspect of them.

Without a doubt Druids and Shaman are my favorite class, it just seems that they don't NEED to fight or get involved with anything, but when they do, they see equality, respect and the clairvoyance to deal with the problem appropriately, whether it be breaking a skull in, or simply diffusing the problem with words.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well I hope that it shows me the better side of RP other than saying "Hello Mary Sue, yep, Heya Illidan's love-child, -sigh- yep hello brother of hellscream." Also a bit of a tighter knit group of Role players would be nice.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The fact that GM's seem a lot more active on this server, most people would probably say "na CBA wid DAT m8" but I'd much rather have this to stop people that would rather just join to grief us.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action.:
"I walk into the bar, my heavy feet dragging behind me, it's been a long day and all I want to do is sit and have a drink. You understand of course the fact that I've been fighting all day?
There was a group of Night Elves deciding that I have no place in Ashenvale, they jumped me, almost 20 of them. I asked them to stop, I asked them to allow me safe passage, all I got from that was a glaive in the shoulder. I felt my frenzy rise and my body slipped into that of a bloodrage, my hammer's flew at their heads, my thunderbolts pummelled them as I screamed on the trees and the animals to give me strength. I only just managed to get away with my life before their reinforcements turned up.
So anyway, I'm at the bar sipping my drink, then a dark green Orc comes and sits next to me and stares at me, eventually I turn round and tell him to either state his business or move on. Now I'm greeted with a massive grin, that of which makes me shudder to this day, and he stands up, places a amulet next to me and off he leaves. Now after a couple of hours, I realise, that grin he showed me? That creepy, toothy grin struck a note in my head. The amulet just linked it together. That was the amulet of the Twilight Hammer and a similar grin that took my family away from me."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Umm, might have overshot the RP a little bit. Sorry about that,
Anyway thanks for the read, hopefully speak to you on the other side!
Hello there jakeykins13, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Overshot? No, not at all, was a pleasure to read.
Aye, we've a lot of active, friendly GMs around here.
Come to think of it, I think we've got more GMs than troublemakers that I've seen in all my time here. That can only be a good thing!
Delighted to have you on board, in any case.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.