Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Concerning Off-Handedness and Custom Items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, our dear friend Krauk (The Special/Custom Items Vendor), purveyor of awesomery to the masses, has three(3) staff-type bows for sale.

That would mean that someone like... say, a Night Elf Priest or Druid, would probably be able to lug around a visible bow. There's a single problem with all of that: The Staff-type bows are Off-Hand, therefore they require the person to be able to Dual Wield in order to equip them, so they're only available to Hunters, Warriors and Enhancement Shamans.

My humble request is that the Off-Hand part of the three staff-type bows be taken out, and them just kept as a normal Staff, please.
Well, the only other class than Hunter and Warrior that would make sense for me to use the bow is the rogue. And I am pretty sure that they can dual-wield, so... why would other classes use the bows...?
Just my opinion... don't kill me... please?
...Magi and Warlocks can already use guns and bows. Anyone that can use Axes, can use Glaives(Though the Long and Moon types are only usable by Elves).

Generally, Night Elven Priestesses are trained specifically in the use of the bow, not in the staff/mace/etc. And since NElves are so lovey-dovey with their bows, I'd bet some of their Druids use 'em too. But then, Druids use Polearms...

Also, Enha. Shammies can already use those Staff-Bows, so why not level the playing field?
The playing field doesn't always need to be leveled. Warcraft isn't fair; why should we make it any different, because someone wants to use a weapon their class doesn't allow?

Edit: This reminds me very much of a similar thread, asking for similar things, that got told no, about a month ago. Jus' sayin'.
Because, Lore-wise, it's more likely you'd see a NElf Priest with a Bow than one with a Staff or Mace. Matter-of-factly, they'd likely go around with bladed weapons in the first place, due to not having the vows of not shedding blood that Human and Dwarven Priests do.

Another reason is because people are -already- using weaponry outside their class. Magi and Warlocks are actively using Bows and Guns. So, if they can do it, why can't Priests?... Especially when it seems like those items were designed -specifically- for staff-wielders, and to my knowledge, the Off-Hand part was added only to allow them to sheathe correctly across the back. (That was the answer I got when I asked Grakor).
I think the argument "Someone else did it, so I should be able to, too," doesn't hold up, hardly at all. In fact, I know it doesn't, because I've tried it. Priests using bladed weapons is a huge assumption, IMO; you can do as much, if not -more,- damage with a mace than you can a short sword.

Edit: "They aren't restricted by vows" =/= "They go around hacking people apart with swords."
I have to agree with Flammos.

Need any more be said than Priestess of the Moon?
(06-04-2011, 08:35 AM)Delta Wrote: [ -> ]I have to agree with Flammos.

Need any more be said than Priestess of the Moon?

That's Tyrande. If a She, a Priest, can use a bow, then why can my Shaman not dress in Plate, like Thrall?
http://www.wowpedia.org/Priestess_of_the_moon

Quote:Valuable as healers during wartime, priestesses of the moon can also use their divine magic spells to hinder or harm the enemy. They are also inspirational leaders and excellent archers.
(06-04-2011, 08:41 AM)Delta Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.wowpedia.org/Priestess_of_the_moon

Quote:Valuable as healers during wartime, priestesses of the moon can also use their divine magic spells to hinder or harm the enemy. They are also inspirational leaders and excellent archers.

I thought multiclassing was against the servers rules.
Then so are Magi, Warlocks, Paladins and Death Knights with guns and bows, Squirrel?

A number of Gunadins will most likely be sad to hear it.

...Let's try and keep on-topic, though. I.E. The Removal of Off Hand from Staff-bows.
(06-04-2011, 08:50 AM)flammos200 Wrote: [ -> ]Then so are Magi, Warlocks, Paladins and Death Knights with guns and bows, Squirrel?

Well, if they can use guns, then why can't Magi use broadswords? This has been fought over, and shot down, before.

(06-04-2011, 08:07 AM)flammos200 Wrote: [ -> ]Another reason is because people are -already- using weaponry outside their class. Magi and Warlocks are actively using Bows and Guns. So, if they can do it, why can't Priests?... Especially when it seems like those items were designed -specifically- for staff-wielders, and to my knowledge, the Off-Hand part was added only to allow them to sheathe correctly across the back. (That was the answer I got when I asked Grakor).

Not quite what I said. Handedness has nothing to do with whether it goes on the back or not, that's the weapon model itself. Handedness determines if it's in the correct hand when out, though, and in what direction it's pointing when on the back. Bows are held in the off hand when used by Warriors, Rogues, and Hunters, so it's off-hand.

The bow/gun weapons were never meant to be used by classes that normally can't use them. That other classes can was just an unintended side effect of how we were forced to implement the weapons.
(06-04-2011, 08:54 AM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2011, 08:50 AM)flammos200 Wrote: [ -> ]Then so are Magi, Warlocks, Paladins and Death Knights with guns and bows, Squirrel?

Well, if they can use guns, then why can't Magi use broadswords? This has been fought over, and shot down, before.

Actually, a mage can use a broadsword for two reasons:
1). It's a one handed sword.
2). Battle/War mages are also trained in melee to an extent.

Ooh. That makes a lot more sense, Grak.

But then, why not make all Bow/Gun(Except the pistols.) Custom Items Off-hand? That way only the classes that actually have the ability to use Guns and Bows in-game, will be able to wield those custom items?

It'd clear up the confusion of Magi and Warlocks and Paladins and DKs shooting things, wouldn't it? Well, maybe not the DKs, but still...
Pages: 1 2 3