Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A humble introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Ah, my favourite topic.. Just kidding! There really isn't a whole lot to tell; not the most interesting of people around, I'm sure. I've been roleplaying through various mediums, virtual or otherwise, for approximately seven to eight years. It's always been a passion of mine, and I've never quite understood nor appreciated the mentality that roleplay was something only 'lame', 'uncool', or 'nerdy' people partook in. If anything, the people that roleplay tend to possess the characteristics that appeal to me the most in friends. But I'm digressing..

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm Canadian, as I'm sure a lot of you have already taken notice of by the way I spelt 'favorite' with a 'U' earlier. English is my primarily language, though it is not my first; French technically holds that title.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Through the RTS games, specifically Warcraft 2 which I could never for the life of me get to work on my old computer. I did, however, play around with the map editor quite a bit and make little 'pew pew' noises as I pretended the ever-turning units were actually fighting. Of course, that was years ago. I'm far too old to partake in such childishness now.. Definately.

Warcraft 3 was the first Warcraft RTS I ever actually managed to play through to its completion, and to be perfectly frank with you all it's the only Warcraft game I've 'ever' played. I tried WoW once or twice but it never appealed to me in the constant payment plans, absence of roleplay and unfriendly community. I've kept up with the lore, but I don't count knowledge of the mechanics of the game among my list of skills.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

A tricky question, given that until a few days ago I didn't have WoW installed whatsoever. I didn't seek this server out over others so much as I was told about this place my friend Torches. My last wellspring of roleplay had long-since dried up, and being the fanatic that I am I went and installed this behemoth of a game the moment the opportunity to engage in some storytelling was revealed.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

This is a many-pronged question that deserves an answer in like mind. I've roleplayed so many different things in the past that I wouldn't even know where to begin to list my likes and dislikes. Suffice it to say I enjoy many things, from magical to mundane; be it roleplaying one of many faceless soldiers standing side-by-side with like-minded comrades in arms against a heinous foe most foul, or an esteemed wizard cooped up in his tower, his addled mind filled with alchemical formulae a-plenty as he works to see his newest scheme come to life. I gravitate towards the Evil axis of alignment, though I have been known to play such things as storied Jedi, devout priests and stalwart knights as well.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

If you've read through my above response, this next sentence should make perfect sense to you all. Admittedly, I have a bit of a problem with sticking to one character concept. I devote myself to the most interesting idea I have at the time, but as my characters evolve and I begin to see more of the world, new ideas constantly crop up in my mind, and there is often little I can do to silence them short of trying them out in roleplay. If I were to state the race and class combination I would 'like to play the most', I would have to say an Eredar Warlock. That being said I realize the limitations of the game and the server, so to answer the question within those confines I would have to say many races and class combinations appeal to me, ranging from the Blood Elf Mage to the Orc Shaman. I prefer spellcaster classes, as I find their roleplay tendencies closer to my own heart, but as previously stated I do hold a fondness for mundane warriors of simple caliber.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I have very low expectations, truly. I have tried a handful of WoW Rp servers in the past, but never for very long. The matter of fact is that they all try to do too much to differentiate themselves from vanilla WoW, and if you merely strip the community, monthly fees and lack of roleplay from the retail game you can see that it actually has a very solid formula. Applying strong roleplay with storied GMs to assist in weaving a plot to these already entertaining mechanics yields perhaps the most vivid and expansive roleplay environment imaginable. These are my expectations, and they aren't all that far fetched if you ask me.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

A combination of the Introductions, Roleplaying, and Keyboard Skills rules. As tedious as it may be for some people to have to go through this questionnaire, it, alongside the aforementioned rules yield a roleplay environment free of trolls and ppl ho tlk liek dis ingaem an duno wat teh preblm iz. (I apologize for anyone now suffering from a migraine as a result of my crime against nature. Know that I suffer with you, each and every day of my life).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Respectfully, I would rather do this at a later date. I've written so many stories and biographies for roleplaying games in the past that I've actually been a bit turned off of the entire thing. That, and I'm terribly long-winded with stories. I think this simple introduction is now bordering on a thousand-plus words, for example. I'd like to get a feel for the server, ensure that this is the place for me and see how the community and I mesh together before putting in that kind of commitment. I very much appreciate your willingness to let new applicants postpone this story.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I think I've wasted enough of your time, I'm sure. Don't you have stories and events to run? Go on, do your job! These introductions aren't going anywhere. Beer
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you’re familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I’m online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

B-but...introductions ARE my job. *Has an mid-life crises*

Anyway, welcome friend of that one person! [Torches, the noob.] Glad to see you took his recommendation and joined!

Hope you enjoy your stay!