Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: *salutes* Okami At your Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I enjoy fighting, but always have fun role playing. I have never been on a server built entirely around role play, but it sounds like a LOT of fun. I think I have an element of fun in me, and I am good at bringing smiles. I have to say I was always fascinated with games like "house" as a child (not that I'm an adult, as I am only 15, but I mean 5 year old times.) I am more into making a role play life, rather than as an fiction, though I always at a little bit of fantasy.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am 100% American(unlike most products we use, sadly((I'm sorry if I may have offended))), and speak English (and not the European English.)

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Just heard of it from many people, and decided to try it. Unfortunately I've never had the money to waste for a real account, thus I'm only found in private servers. I think I decided to actually start finding a way to play when I was over at my house (what was my birth house, but now it's occupants have changed, and we were visiting them,) and they were playing World of Warcraft. It was the first time I ever actually WATCHED someone play, and it looked (and sounded,) like fun. The next day I was playing a private server.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

You guys were the first fitting thing I found when I searched "WOW private rp server" However, there are two reasons why I didn't move on. 1.You seem more like a family than a community.
2. You intensely role play. I've always wanted to join a group of intense role players.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy role playing about life (as mentioned earlier.) Like the game of "house" you always used to play as a kid (also mentioned earlier). I always add an element of fantasy to my role plays. I've also started a school role play, and I tend to enjoy that very much.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I like the blood elf race and probably death knight... Primarily because it looks the coolest (I'm shallow and superficial like that XD) I've never seen myself as dark, but maybe it satisfies some small sort of... evil that lurks inside of me. *face goes from thoughtful to a sly, devilish grin*

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect difficulty getting used to intense role play, but I think it will be fun. I honestly am hoping for a decent amount of players. I'm also thinking there will be a lot of creativity going around. From what I see on the forums, it looks surprisingly organized. I was kind of expecting chaos. That can be fixed *pulls out troll face mask* Just kidding *puts away mask and whispers to it* another time, my friend... Another time...

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Definitely anti god modding. I used to run a role play at one point (completely unrelated to role playing in wow). Maybe you've heard of "warriors," (book series about cat clans). Long story short, god modding were a huge problem from this one other clan that opposed us. It appears that this server will be god modder free (THANK GOD!)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is a piece from a fan fiction (see it Here((yes it is all my own.))) If you'd like to find it, you can read it in chapter 6. (be warned it is ACTUALLY a spoiler... so if you wish to read it, I recommend reading the WHOLE book, and then read this, since it is the end of book 1.)

Spoiler:
Chapter VI

Festivities for all clans went on as everyone celebrated their new warrior titles. In Earth Clan, all the apprentices were warriors. Cederpaw became Cederleaf, Mistpaw became Mistwind, and Silverpaw was now Silverrock. In Water Clan, three out of four apprentices became warriors. Owlpaw was now Owleyes, Flowerpaw was now Flowerleaf, and Whisperpaw was now Whispertail. Air Clan only had Jaypaw, who was now Jaywind. Fire Clan had two warriors, Snowpaw, now Snowleaf, and his friend, Adderpaw, now Adderclaw. Fire Clan, however, had trouble hot on their trail. Soon after the new warriors were made, there was a big tragedy. One that would push Fire Clan deputy, Ashtail, over the edge of sanity and into the pit of vengeance.

Snowleaf awoke sometime around moon high. Adderclaw was shaking him. Snowleaf got up and, sensing Adderclaw's panic, asked, "What's wrong?"

"Come with me and find out," he said.

Snowleaf drowsily brought himself to his paws. He plodded out into the clearing. What he saw made his eyes jolt open with horror. Ashtail was sitting on the tree stump with an inert Woodstar lying limp on the tree next to him, his stomach sliced open and fur belonging to a Water Clan cat named Talonclaw. The deputy raised his head, tears in his eyes, his face scrunched up in pure, violent, ferial, indignation. He growled out, "My fellow clan members. Our dearest leader was reluctant to go to war against the other clans that have hurt our clan so much. Yes, he was trying to let it blow over, like a sissy baby pacifist! Look where it got him! I was against his reluctance to go to war! I warned him that it was inevitable! Look what's happen to your placid leader!" He kicked the body off the fallen log, letting it fall. "He's a lifeless piece of pathetic garbage! Now is the time for war! Now is the time for vengeance!" The cats meowed their approval. Snowleaf was deeply fearful of what might lay ahead as a result of Ashtail's actions. He, despite his disapproval, followed the other cats.

Owleyes was running. The forest that he saw through his peripheral vision was a blur. He was sprinting so fast, he saw everything in almost a tunnel-vision fashion. At the end of the tunnel was the opening to the camp. He darted as fast as he could through the hole.

"Riverstar, I have urgent news!" He yelled. The cat came out of his den and walked over to him. His eyes glistened in the full moon.

"Fire Clan has crossed our borders. All the warriors. All the apprentices. Anyone capable of fighting is there, even queens! I think some retired elites are there too! Not only that, but they are breaking apart into the other clans! I think they plan on attacking all the clans!"

Riverstar looked up at the glimmering stars, and then turned his gaze in the direction of Fire Clan camp. "What could have gotten into them?" He wondered quietly.

"I don't know, but we can't just stand still. We have to fight with everything we got!"

"You are right. They may have been attacked by the other clans. If they are waging war against the other clans, I guess we are going to do so as well. He have been taking these attacks sitting down for far too long. It is time Water Clan shows them what we can do!" He got up onto the rock in the middle of the lake. He sounded the alarm. It meant prepare for battle.

"So you say that Fire Clan is attacking all the clans, and Water Clan is following suit?" Asked Dust Star.

"Yes," responded the deputy, Rocktail. "We have to bring peace."

"No."

"What?"

"We have taken the attacks lightly. I can see why they are attacking. Why us I don't know. However, we will attack them, as well as the other clans."

"I think your making a grave mistake."
"Really? I don't think so." He walked out onto the rock and sounded the battle alarm. They were going to join the fight.

Foxpelt stood there, awing at what Skystar just said. Had the leader lost his mind? Attack all the other clans? He was nuts. However, what could she do? She was just a deputy.

"I don't agree with this," Foxpelt protested.

"You will in time," responded Skystar. "We can't take these Attacks lying down. We will put an end to this, just like the other clans want to do."
He then also sounded his battle cry, signaling the war had begun.

Throughout the mountains and valleys of the forest, meows rang. Four cats meowing, heard throughout the whole forest. It was a sound signaling the coming bloodshed. It was the sound of war.
Sorry I didn't write anything new, was pressed for time. Still, this is a good work of mine and I am VERY proud of it (intrigued to see what people think of it :P)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I am a little new to the role playing realm, though I have done some in the past, though never serious as this. I was wondering if there was a TRULY in depth guide that could take an almost complete novice to the level required by this server (also maybe some examples, if possible. I learn well from those.)
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you’re familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I’m online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

There are many guides around in the guide section, I'm sure you can find something there. If not, no stress. You'll pick up over time! And oh dear, it's been ages since I've been to that fanfiction site. Ah the memories! There is also a feedback section so you can ask others to give feedback on how you're doing in RP. Don't be afraid to use it!

Hope you enjoy your stay!
... I see you like Okami.

Cool!