Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kidnapped: Third Time's The Charm (06-26-2011 - 11:00 PM GMT+1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

KIDNAPPED: Third Time's The Charm
A Horrifying Adventure

[Image: 2m6ab7c.png]

A disclaimer:
Spoiler:
WARNING! Partaking in this event means putting your character under the constant threat of danger. While this may not necessarily result in Character Death (as such will be avoided as far as possible and within logical limits), there is little telling what fates may befall your character. Do not be surprised, and be warned. If you, OOCly, are more sensitive to certain kinds of gore or certain subjects of discussion (ICly), you may want to reconsider participating. Or, speak to me (Loxmardin) ahead of time. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
The sensation is vaguely familiar. You can't quite put your finger on it, but you're certain you've felt like this before. A gutwrenching feeling causing your throat to tighten in preparation for the inevitable as you clutch to the wooden railing, not even wincing anymore at the shooting pain of twigs digging under your nails. Something tells you... You could've well skipped out on breakfast today, if only to spite the freakin' fishes roaming below.

It's during times like these that you wonder if it's really worth the trouble. The sheer size of this operation was certainly out of the norm, and not something you were completely used to. Fame and riches always sounded good, however, and the smug face of your employer still haunts your dreams at night. "It's just a few days at sea", she'd said. It all had sounded marvellous until you got on the damned ship. And those few days had already passed since another few days ago, you're sure. Unless the sun started rising twice a day when you weren't looking.

Playing with the thought, it didn't really make much sense at all. Jumping ship while it'd still been close to port might not've been such a bad idea, in retrospect. But now, after several days out at sea with no land in sight, you get the feeling it's a bit too late to turn back. All you can do is sit back and hope your guts don't discard themselves before you finally hit land. Light only knows it's been a close call a good few times. Besides, it's not like you can go anywhere right now as it is. You're not alone on this ship. It's you, your accomplices, your captives... And then there's the guys keeping you.

Damnit, you knew this was a bad idea from the start! Just look at them all! Their stares are giving you the creeps, and it wouldn't surprise you if every single one of them gathered around your bunk at night just to watch you sleep. The ship's crew freaks you out, and you know that many of your accomplices feel the same way. Most of you have started taking detours around them when meeting them in the hallways of this forsaken vessel.

They freakin' creep you out. And you don't want to stay on this ship any longer. It's... not like you have a choice anymore, though.

THIS FREAKIN' SUCKS.

Picking Your Side
Choices, choices...

[Image: 2uelhld.png]

For those of you who have participated in Kidnapped before (there have been two events previously), you know that there are two main factions that you will have to swear allegiance to during the course of the full week that this event is going to play out through. These two factions are the Victims and, of course, the Kidnappers. It's all about building a scenario on top of personal intrigue with a little bit of tension on top. Here follows a brief description of the two factions:
  • THE VICTIMS. These are the poor individuals snatched up from all walks of life to be herded into this mess against their will. They can come from anywhere and be just about anyone, but they all have in common that their lives are in the hands of their captors. Bundled together with a bunch of people who are more than likely complete strangers to you, you need to keep yourself together to survive and hopefully, reclaim your freedom once more. It's a game of wit and strategy, but most of all... Survival.
    Spoiler:
    Race restrictions: Forsaken characters would not be likely as Victims, simply because they are more difficult to apprehend and capture. More importantly, they are difficult to keep in check simply because tranquilizers, drugs or other helpful ingredients in these operations are simply not so helpful against them. Even though they may be affected by certain spells. Regardless; The Kidnappers would not be bothered with capturing a Forsaken character.
    Class restrictions: Undead Death Knights are restricted for the same reason the Forsaken are.

THE KIDNAPPERS. Mercenaries, volunteers or victims of blackmail, these people are responsible in every way for the loss of their captives' freedom. From the day that they herded their captives onto their transportation vessels, they are also responsible for their lives - and their own! It's impossible to pin down one definite source from which these people come, but your reasons for being in this seat can be many and are in the end completely up to you as a player and who your character is. You need to keep the captives under check at all times so they don't hurt themselves or you, but it wouldn't hurt anyone to keep an extra eye out for your fellow accomplices. One thing's for sure after the trying journey to your final destination - Trust no one.
    Spoiler:
    Race restrictions: NONE, though the Draenei would be extremely unlikely unless given specific reason.
    Class restrictions: N/A. Mind, Holy Priests, Paladins, Druids and Shamans may need to motivate themselves properly before they are plausible for this kind of role, simply because of what it indicates.

Courtesies and Applications
Other things to keep in mind.

[Image: 28s7czl.png]

On rules:
Spoiler:
For something like this to work out, we need established rules that I will expect everyone to follow for the duration of this event. I will put emphasis on some Server Rules as well since these will be extremely important.

Rules regarding IC interaction and the flow of events;
  1. Godmoding and Metagaming. Stay absolutely clear of these two words and everything they stand for during these events. Not only is it against the rules of our server, but it will completely ruin the purpose of the whole scenario. As a precaution, I will be taking to methods when sharing vital information that will make it extremely difficult to metagame, but I still expect people to avoid doing this if other players aren't as careful as I will be. To give everyone the best RP experience possible, please avoid these two words.
  2. Pay very close attention to your instructions, whenever they are given. These will likely give you clues as to what information you have laid your hands on, as well as help you keep track of your current condition. This will be vital for this scenario.
  3. Please, do not take your character out of the area where the RP is held unless absolutely necessary. This is to avoid complications whereas you cannot enter the area again or things like that. Therefor I ask you to consider this when choosing which character you wish to participate with. It will be locked in one place for the duration of this event and thus I recommend that you pick a character you won't suffer from setting aside for a period of time to solely take part in this.
  4. If I catch anyone leaving the area to RP elsewhere, I will most likely remove them from the event as a whole. If you intend to retcon your character's involvement and leave the area, please tell me beforehand or at least leave me a note on the forums or any of my characters (which can be found, listed on my page on the Wiki).
  5. If another player tells you to stop OOCly, then stop. I am going to allow some rather extreme IC behaviour during this, and I know that there is a rather large difference between player and player when it comes to how much you can take, even in an RP. Therefore, I want you to respect your fellow players when and if they tell you to stop whatever you're doing if it makes them feel uncomfortable. After all, we're in this because it's fun, and we don't want anyone to leave feeling that they were forced through something they didn't want to experience. NO ONE WILL EVER BE FORCED TO PARTICIPATE.

Let's get down to business (to defeat the Huns... Did they send me daughters, when I asked for so-). If you like what you've seen so far and want to participate in Kidnapped, there's an application form to be filled out and sent my way in a PM. I'm doing it more formally this time around, simply because I need more material to work with. Improvisation only goes so far. The template follows below:

Code:
[color=#BF0000]Subject:[/color] [b]Kidnapped[/b]
[color=#BF0000]Character Name:[/color] The name(s) of your character(s). Preferrably their full names.
[color=#BF0000]Class/Race:[/color] Your class and race combination.
[color=#BF0000]Faction:[/color] [b]Kidnapper[/b] or [b]Victim[/b].
[color=#BF0000]Motivation:[/color] If your class/race is unlikely for your chosen faction, motivate properly why they would be working with it for the duration of this event. Mind, everyone should fill this in regardless of which combination they play. This is for the sake of flavour. It's good if you have a reason to be here, and have thought through the events which led up to your participation.
[color=#BF0000]Details:[/color] Anything else you'd like to add? Who's your character? What's he/she like and does he have previous relationships with others participating (provided you've seen others apply already)? What can you give me, the DM, to work with during the event to give you the most interesting experience possible?

• APPLICATIONS: All applications will be sent in to me in a PM, and anyone who sends in an application before the 20th of June will receive a custom intrigue for their character to spice up their event experience. An intrigue is basically a piece of information that you'll find in your PM inbox a day or so before the event starts. I was about to do this during the last event as well, but I got a little too passionate and couldn't finish them all even after 10 pages of text on MS Word. I will make another bold attempt, however! Anyone applying after the 20th of June will simply not receive a custom intrigue, but will be accepted to participate in the event nonetheless.

LATE ENTRIES? Certainly. Like the last two Kidnapped events, it's open as long as it's run. With the exception of during grand happenings, which will occur randomly during the week. If you decide after the first day of the event that you would like to come along and give it a shot, feel free after contacting me or anyone else currently in charge. (Contact the people currently in the area if you are uncertain.) Anyone coming in late will first be referred to this post, however, and asked to read it through properly before being able to join. This is to avoid confusion and preserve the steady flow of the event.

Keep in mind that I reserve the right to deny your sign-up PM if I see that there is something wrong with your character motivations, for example.

IMPORTANT!

All kinds of magic are null during the event due to an anti-magic / magic distortion field covering the entire area. This includes, literally, all kinds of magic being cast within the field, and all casters. Anything cast on the outside will stick when passing through the field (to excuse the Necromancy keeping minions, Forsaken and Death Knights intact) but nothing new can be cast within. Not even Divine magic. At all.

Date and Time
When's it happening?

[Image: 2rxxkqr.png]

Sunday, June the 26th to Sunday, July the 3rd

Time: 2:00 PM / 14:00, Server Time
(Use http://www.worldtimezone.com/ to match this with your own time-zone.)

Place: Scalawag Point, Howling Fjord

Spoiler:
Of course, with reservations for any changes. Depending on popular demand, the starting time for the event might change as it has done before.

Participants
A Juicy Record

[Image: 1znubnq.png]

Current roster:

KIDNAPPERS
* Aroes Blackstone (aroes)
* Uthaniel Runewalker (Uthaniel)
* Talys Arcarrow (Delta)
* Camillia Breakblade (Krilari)
* Surprise (Binkleheimer)
* Ylvandre Darksorrow (Scout)
* Krilari Dawnsend (Krilari)
* Kat Monroe (MrBubbles)
* Grigori Dostojevski (Judgernaut)
* Tharsilus (BlakJak013)
* Damien Arkwright (LostStranger)
* Andarun Thunderhammer (Djurawuzhere)
Aseithir (Loxmardin)

VICTIMS
* Tzekel (Hawk)
* Gregg Anders (Reese777)
* Bruce (MrBubbles)
* Ventus (Avitz)
* Tetrah Bloodfeather (faebear)
* Liandran Brightmane (Nightongale)
* Vedron Swiftpaw (McKnighter)
* Anchorite Antia (hiddengecko)
* Sir Del Delamore (Binkleheimer)
* Reigen Talah'malanore (Reigen)
* Nemus Crowne (Dilly)
* Gunnar Murray (Grakor456)
* Merica Riversong (Xigo)
* Astia Shadesong (Holycowman)
* Relon (Spiralin)
* Tirius Cloudbreaker (Drust)
* Singerius Narmolanya (DaveM)
* Guess (LostStranger)
* Avints Bronzecrest (Avitz)
Jaerin Ashwalker (Loxmardin)

* = Intrigue

Current balance:
Kidnappers: 13 - Victims: 20

Special Rules and Pieces of Advice
Beware of Eyes Ever Watching

[Image: s662ad.png]

I thought it'd be a good idea to write a post regarding IC rules that you will be expected to abide by, and what sort of repercussions any violations of these rules might have. Consider these guidelines, as you will have been told of these conditions upon stepping onto the ship at the very beginning of this adventure. Your character and you, as the player, are expected to, at all times, be aware of the terms and conditions of your current position and task.

KIDNAPPERS; TO KEEP IN MIND.
  • AT ALL TIMES; FOLLOW ORDERS. This should be fairly obvious and self-explanatory. But... You are here by order of someone else. Someone you know next to nothing about except for the fact that they call themselves the "Employer". If you are a returning Kidnapper, you would recognize this name and know of the terms and conditions from before. You are expected to follow the orders given to you and you should never, under any circumstances, put yourself up against the messenger of the Employer. Whenever they come by to give you new directives, you are expected to follow said directives. If you do not, there will be severe repercussions in the form of physical wounding and, possibly, death. Depending on your own circumstances, the punishment may vary. (If someone dear to you is present, you can expect them to be involved in the case of your own violation.)
  • DO NOT MORTALLY WOUND THE PRISONERS. You are supposed to keep them alive. Do whatever you want with them (unless other directives have been specifically given at the time) as long as it would not risk their lives. You are supposed to hold them until you receive further orders from higher up and keep yourselves and them alive. If you, in any way, are involved in the death of a prisoner when it has not been specifically requested by a higher body, you will be executed.
  • NEVER TURN AGAINST YOUR FELLOW ASSOCIATES. You are expected to work together with your associates. Do not start a fight. Do not undermine the work of your fellow workers. Undermining the work of your fellow associates will undermine the whole operation. Any violations discovered will be punished depending on circumstances. (Again, expect any dear ones on the site to suffer for your actions.)
  • DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH THE PRISONERS UNLESS YOU ARE CARRYING OUT DISCIPLINARY SANCTIONS. This is fairly simple and rather obvious. You are expected to keep your interaction with the prisoners non-personal. Your relationship with the prisoners should not and will not affect the execution of orders.
  • IF YOU ARE PRESENT DURING A RIOT, EXPECT TO BE INVOLVED. If you are present during a riot and reinfocements are called in to quench it, you will be caught in the crossfire. You will be included in any punishment handed to the prisoners.
  • WHEN YOU ARE PUNISHING A PRISONER, YOU DO IT BEFORE THE REST. You are not allowed to take the prisoner with you away from the dungeons unless you bring the rest of the pack with you. All punishments have to be watched by the victim's fellow prisoners and the associates of the executor of the punishment. Either you carry out the punishment before the cell, or you do it elsewhere and transport the rest of the prisoners along and force them to watch. Violations, if discovered, will be met with severe punishment.
  • IF YOU ARE DEEMED UNTRUSTWORTHY... You may be thrown into the dungeons with the prisoners. You will be branded and you will be robbed of your privileges as an employee at the site and for a couple of hours, you are left at the mercy of your fellow prisoners and your former associates.

In the case of the Victims... You will not be following certain rules, but there are a couple of things you should keep in mind as a prisoner. Repercussions and possibilities.

VICTIMS; TO KEEP IN MIND.
  • IF YOU CAUSE A RIOT, DO NOT ACT SURPRISED. This happened several times during the last Kidnapped event. The prisoners caused riots close to every single day. Several times. The same degree of mercy that was shown the last time will hardly be shown this time around. If you assist in the upbringing of a riot, you will be punished for it and you should not act surprised if your character is severely harmed or, in the worst of cases, killed. The possibility looms over you at all times, so keep it in mind. Do you and your character want to stay alive, then do not do anything stupid. In Character Action = In Character Consequence.
  • THINK TWICE BEFORE TRYING TO ESCAPE. There will be collective punishment in case of escape attempts that fail. And, if you somehow manage to succeed, there will be severe punishments awaiting those who you leave behind.
Wish I could come. Oh well :<

Have fun, guys!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxPGzj2L3n0[/youtube]
/fistpump
... I simply have to bring Tzekel to this.
I didn't get to participate in the last one. Here's hoping for this one.
I say this on a preciously sparse basis, so please do forgive the lapse;

Oh, baby.
Would it be possible to come into the event possibly a few days late? I am not too sure on the dates but I may have orientation for the first two days of the event, but I may be taking my new Macbook (hellllyeahgraduationpresents) but that may not have WoW on it so...

There's a lot of things up in the air but I would love to be a part of this! :D
It is possible for you to come in a few days late, yes.
I don't know who I want to get involved...

So many choices! D:
I think Ylvandre will be a kidnapper. More info to come.
... Hrm.. Since I missed the last two events...

Either throw in a Necromancer, or some nub blood elf.

Choices.
Goody, something to tug Ventus away from his love and kid. If not, something to make the Pansy Avints get hurled through. Shall think on who to send.
(06-08-2011, 06:01 AM)Avitz Wrote: [ -> ]Goody, something to tug Ventus away from his love and kid. If not, something to make the Pansy Avints get hurled through. Shall think on who to send.

That horn is mine.
Updated the roster with the people who have applied properly, so far.
Pages: 1 2 3 4