Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Freedom!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OOC Note: Technically, this is not a resurrection. It is a freeing from imprisonment. Yet still, the similarities between the two are so minimal that it begs the creation of a RC post. Just without any of the obvious drawbacks.

Talian stood bent over, putting his weight on the staff, "Interesting…" He held an object in his hand. It had the look of a horn, one well worn and used. There were green cracks all across its black surface.

The human turned to look up to Belzerial, "How do we... Open it?"

The Fel-tainted woman emitted a disgruntled growl as she extended her arm forward for the horn, "I thought you of all my pets would at least have an inkling."

The horn had come to the two by a fluke. A thief, having fled deep into Duskwood, had run into the two while they plodded out of Raven Hill. A quick moment and a few well placed words and the thief was nothing more than a pile of ash.

They had spread his ash across the base of the statue in that accursed village and picked their way through. Amongst trivial pieces of gold and wealth they had found the warped, blackened horn.

The human warlock frowned but relinquished the horn to Belzerial, "I have not worked with such minding magics, it really does irk me that he would use a 'horn' of all objects."

“You know their kind; they have little to no culture.”

Belzerial took the horn in her hand, turning it a couple of times, before she paced towards the statue. "If my calculations are correct, then we may be able to release the incarcerated Marianna with our own magics. That is if Marianna is presently within this... 'object,' if not, then we'll see what the outcome will be."

Talian snorted, "It does not settle well with me that the thief had such an easy job getting this to us."

The demoness shot a quick glance over her shoulder, "Prepare yourself. You seem more intent on flapping that tongue of yours, than bracing yourself for any potential disaster."

Talian made his way to Belzerial's side, grunting slightly with each limping step, "If it turns out to be the thing we do look for, then this has been much too easy.." He opened his palm, the black entropy within his staff floated to his hand. It began to form a protective barrier around him.

The woman placed the horn down firmly upon the base of the statue, "The easier the better. The last I need is a band of inbreeds hounding me for this object.”

Belzerial slowly stepped away from the statue, bringing her hands together to steadily channel her fel energies into the horn.

The Fel traced along the cracks and dents in the blackened piece of keratin. The cracks began to widen. A dull, green glow began to flow through the breaks, covering the base of the statue in a sickly light. The horn began to splinter.

Belzerial 's malicious grin dripped with sheer delight, "Yes... Yes, that's it!"

With a splintering crack the horn shattered. From the broken pieces a tide of viscous black sludge flowed out, swapping the two's feet and the area around the statue. Bits of organs and bones floated in the black, bloody broth.

Everything was still.

Talian simply stood, eyeing the bloody broth and organs, "It seems she does not come in one piece..." He gave a feint look of disgust.

Belzerial wasn't fazed by the viscous black sludge, nor did she care for what floated by her feet, continuing to channel her energies into it. "Silence!"

The sludge rippled. Slowly it began to flow towards the point where the Fel energy struck it, the tide carrying bits of organ and bone. Slowly the sludge began to clump and roll, forming a fat ball at their feet.

Belzerial ceased her casting once the sludge had gathered, "I presume this is all of it."

Talian took a quick look over the area, "I believe so."

There was a raspy sound, half a cough and half a wheeze. The lump writhed and twisted, bits of gristle rolling over its surface before sinking down, disappearing into the sludge. Soon form appeared on the filth, curves and dents furrowing into the ooze. A moment later and Marianna lay at their feet, an emaciated, half-naked wretch.

Dully the shivering woman, in a hoarse, cracking voice, whispered, "Ante parn modas...."

Talian leaned over further, using his staff for support, "Mmm, beautiful." He looked her over, trying to find any deviations or defects of the 'summoning'.

Belzerial inspected Marianna closely, amazed more than anything, as she lowered herself. Belzerial heightened her voice, so that Marianna may hear her. "... It has been a long while, Marianna."

Marianna stirred at the voice. She mumbled softly, her eyelids fluttering. "Nnnh…Caid…"

The human grunted, a bit surprised, "She seems to be in great condition, considering what she just went through." His eyes still scowered her body, "Ah, she awakes."

Belzerial clapped her clawed hands together, "Marvellous, you are with us once more!"

The prisoner snapped awake. Her eyes swept open and she stared up at the Fel-Sworn. And screamed. Her boney hands swept up to curl around the woman's throat as she threw herself against the woman, her face a mask of madness and rage.

Belzerial seized her wrists as she flew towards her, her scowl had returned. "What are you trying to do!? You think -I- am your enemy?"

Marianna struggled against the grip. She continued to scream and hiss gibberish in Demonic.
Belzerial stared directly into her eyes, a moment later she backhanded the mad woman across the face. "Pull yourself together, you miserable wretch! You and I have unfinished business to tend to, don't you -dare- disappoint me after everything I went through!"

Marianna recoiled from the blow. She crumpled, her grip hanging limply in the other demon's grip. After a few minutes her breathing slowed and, bit by bit, she opened her eyes once more. She sucked in a breath. "Fel…"

"Give me..." She sucked in a breath, her hand moving to the man's cheek. "Your fel."

Talian brought his hand up and held Marianna's, he began to let Fel seep through his grasp, his tired eyes became weary the longer he held on but he made no move to desist. His hand began to smoke and his muscles began to spasm but he still held firm until his body collapsed on the stone path.

Marianna held the human's grip. Every moment the power flowed into her the more her body filled out. Fat and muscle returned to her skeleton. Her face became less gaunt, her expression less feral. When the man fell away she was whole. Quietly she released the man.

"Caidrah. Help me up."

Belzerial extended her hand forward, "I suppose now would be the best time to welcome you back, my dear Marianna."

Marianna clasped the woman's hand and, with a low sigh, rose. Her muscles strained and popped from the exertion. Marianna straightened after a moment, leaning against the other Fel-Sworn. Their gaze met and she smiled, bearing rows and rows of pointed, triangular teeth. "I do love feeling this wretched earth beneath me."

Belzerial smiled in return, "Better than being imprisoned in an object as simple as that horn."

“It has been a long while, nonetheless.”

"Indeed it has..."