Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Continuality of Flammos' thread's discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I really just want to say this, one point of interest for each side before I let you all duke it out.

1) As I said earlier, Prestiges are not the only way for character development, nor should they be. If they are, you f'ed up.

Point in case: I'll be truthful, I did this with Bragdana for a bit, where I had Bragdana focused solely on becoming a Pyremaster. However, then Darkest Deadwind came along, and now that Prestige is on hold, if Bragdana still manages to live that long, or if he/myself keeps interest in it.

2) There are a lot of things Prestiges do that you won't let regular players do, which makes them need that Prestige, even if it's not combat oriented.

Point in case: My character Theraslyn's goal in life is to create a game where you shoot blocks at eachother, but noone gets hurt. Think laser tag. However, the way I have planned for her (Which she doesn't know, she's hit a roadblock which is why she's traveling the world) has to do with technology and Arcane, AKA Techno-Mage. So, she magically can't figure this out until the Prestiges are back, despite the fact she's been roadblocked for over a year now.
Could the original thread be linked to?

I thought 'Continuality of Flammos' ...' was going to end in 'bad behaviour', on another note.

Edit: by = be
Well, you know what?

I think this discussion has gotten over to our heads. I can't really see anything productive coming from this, only unnecessary drama. In the end, everyone has their opinions and everyone should just stick to them, lest they'll spark and ignite into nothing more than wildfire.
I guess I'll just leave a short two-cents post.

I honestly and truly think the GMs should just forget about Prestiges in general. They're becoming much more trouble than they're worth. This is coming from someone who -wants- a prestige class, at that.
See, I like reason 2 as far as prestiges go. I like the opportunity to RP something different.

I could don't care too much about the power it comes with.
I don't disagree that the prestiges could be allowed to leave...

...so long as it would then be allowed to do all the stuff that you couldn't before because "only prestiges can do that".

If not - if some abilities require a process and checking, then access to those abilities should be enabled by prestiges.
(06-10-2011, 04:16 PM)DaveM Wrote: [ -> ]I don't disagree that the prestiges could be allowed to leave...

...so long as it would then be allowed to do all the stuff that you couldn't before because "only prestiges can do that".

If not - if some abilities require a process and checking, then access to those abilities should be enabled by prestiges.

This is definitely one of those "careful what you wish for" things. Trust me, no one here wants a server where people can just freely roll themselves as demon hunters or blademasters. Tis the stuff nightmares are made of.
Why not use that for special profiles, instead?

I mean, as they stand, they're hardly special, anyway.
Demon Hunters.
Not special.
Ahahahahahahaha

No, really. I prefer Prestige Posts for that, as people have to actually work it. Profiles really aren't that hard, but 5 weeks of story writing is. At least, in my mind it is.
I agree with Uthaniel, people should just explain how their character is diffrent from others of its class.