Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Last Man Standing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to the Show

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!
There behind a glass is a real blade of grass
Be careful as you pass.
Move along! Move along!

Come inside, the show's about to start
Guaranteed to blow your head apart
Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth.
You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo.
You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll ...."

- Karn Evil 9 First Impression by Emerson, Lake and Palmer

The Premise

The above lyric, as well as other sources, have irked my imagination (/rainbow) as of late. I thought, "Why don't we take the worst of the worst and pit them against each other?" And so here we are. The event centers around ten men and women, prisoners in neutral Cartel towns, being purchased for the sole purpose of the amusement of others. Or is that why? Anyway, thugs, murderers, robbers, etc., all sorts of the complete bottom of the heap of the scum of society. These men and women are thrown onto an island, and fight for themselves, to survive. Arranged as a money-making venture, observer slots will be ICly sold to anyone interested, through the underground evil community, or through Cartel towns. The IC cost is twenty gold (contrary to popular belief, a large sum). Who will come out on top, and be the last man standing?

Events begin July 8th, 2011 and carry on until one guy remains My money's on... TROGDOR.

The Where

Housed on a large island in the Great Sea, the Show takes place within a massive basin. To represent this, I am using a phased Sholazar Basin as an OOC location for the event. All emotes will occur in /raid. No exception. As a free for all deathmatch, I have chosen such a location to provide for players a more realistic combat environment; one is almost more likely to run into some horrifying monstrocity on the island than he or she is another convict, just as it should be. While this event is centered around cold-blooded murder, do keep in mind that not everybody will die to another convict; in order to be the Last Man Standing, one must not only master their enemies, but their surroundings as well.

Okay, so how does this work?

I am glad you asked. Each person has three different types of health. The first is, well, health. Works as per usual. It drops to zero, and you're dead. Each player will have three health. The only difference is, health damage can only be inflicted by weapons that will either be air-dropped in at certain locations, or by making a weapon to attack with. This means shooty-shoot, stabby-stab. If one makes a weapon, it must be emoted. -Must.- The second kind of health is fatigue. Punches don't really kill people, unless you beat them to an inordinate bloody pulp. Therefore, I implement a system of fatigue points. Each player has six fatigue points. For every successive blow on yourself, you lose one fatigue point. When you run out, you are physically unable to fight any longer, and will collapse, and appear dead to your foe, who will disappear back into the forest to fight another day. Keep in mind hunger will factor into your fatigue. Your fatigue points will regenerate naturally over time. The final type of health is thirst. Three points. For every day you do not drink water on the island, you lose one point. If you lose all three, you die. Keep in mind the water on the island is... Well, I wouldn't want to drink that stuff if I were you.

The Why

Why should you join this event? Hell, why am I holding this event? I do this because I see people asking for RP constantly. You all want RolePlay? Here it is. I do believe that the way this is set up, shall create a nice amount of good, fun roleplay for those involved, even the IC audience. Need I say more? ICly, the event is being held to give a criminal a second chance at a free-range life. One lucky convict will have their record mysteriously expunged, and won't be put to death as they would have been prior to being purchased.

The Combat

Alright, how do rolls work in this? The roll system I'm using is a simple, /roll 50 system. Crits and counters are available, and each is double what the other rolled. In other words, if I roll a 12 on attack and you roll a 26 on defense, you get a counter. If we roll the opposite, I'd get the crit. Crits hit for 2x health or fatigue.

Combat, in general, is Free For All. One-on-one, group-on-one, or group-on-group, I don't care. No holds barred ICly; fight dirty, if you have to. Your freedom is at stake here. That should be plenty enough to motivate anyone to do anything to win.

Le Signing Up

Want to sign up, as either a Convict or a Spectator? Send me a forum PM! Those applying for Convict should send me Character Name, Race, Class, Crimes committed, Age, Gender.

Spectators merely require a name.

Le OOC Requirements

All I require is that one has an addon (Carbonite, Cartographer, etc.) that supplies coordinates on the map, as they will be used often throughout the event.

Le Restricted Things

Due to the lack of pain receptors, Forsaken and Death Knights are out. Fatigue and Thirst don't affect them, which gives them an unfair advantage.

Mages, Warlocks and Priests. They arefar too squishy to survive a brawl with a hardened warrior.

Stealth on Rogues. Come on guys, need I say anything? The goal isn't to stay invisible the whole time...

Le List of Characters

Convicts:
Kaz'zan Darkspear
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Spectators:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Le Questions, Comments, etc.?

PM me or post below.
This sounds too fun to pass up; I'd love to make a character for this.
Buahaha. Send me the information asked for in the signing up section, in a PM, and I'll add you to the list.
When's the average time for events, and do prestiges get bonuses in the system? Gladiator specifically. Kaz is a drug dealer when not in the arena, selling Ratchet White, Love Potion Number 9, and Fadeleaf. I'd be more than happy to have him caught in the act, if not by the police, by a goblin entrepreneur who would wager money on him and then give him a cut if he wins.
Eh. I was preferring to keep it to throwaways, unless you really want to toss up an existing character into the mix. Times are from 4 PM - 6 PM ST, and like I said, it'll end whenever only one person is left standing.

As for prestiges, I'm not entirely sure... Kinda touchy, but... If your Gladiator is a badass at fist fighting, I'll work something in. Do keep in mind you will not have any weaponry, unless it is given to you via an air drop of some kind.

... This reminds me of something. Edit time.
His weapon of choice that he chose to become a master in with his training was fist weapons.
Edits have been made. I forgot to include that the usage of an addon that uses coordinates is required.

Also, Belth, I can see what I can do. Bare-knuckle brawling can be similar to using a fist weapon, meguesses. So, a +5 will be in order.
<3

And I assume there will be some sort of anti-magic barrier, yes?
Spellcasters aren't folks that're being ICly looked for, which means we don't really need to shell the entire island, unless we really want to. However, there will be a troop of mages, including everyone's favorite Archmage, Mr. Blackstone, to keep up an Anti-Magic Zone around the hub for the staff of the event, after the prisoners are tossed overboard.
Since Kaz is a shaman, as well as a Gladiator, will that exempt him from participating in the event?
Did not know that. But no, so long as you understand magic is generally restricted. I shall have to come up with a way to make an enlarged anti-magic zone feasable. Anyone capable of heavy melee combat is welcomed, but like I said in the post, classes that are solely casters (Mages, Warlocks, Priests) are outlawed. So long as Kaz is capable of a decent brawl, he'll be allowed.

Edit: not all the details are set in stone yet. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to voice them. I'm open to any ideas anybody has.
Might be easier if a goblin slavers ICly loans the head of the event a pair of anti-magic bracers. I've seen them used in RP before, even if there isn't a lore source for them, and I'd be more than happy to have them used. Or another, more powerful shaman could request the elements restrict his power for a time. In this case, until the end of the event.
I think I shall go with the bracers, as it will allow for a restriction of magic for generally anyone's magic, who can use magic and fight with melee. A great idea. <3
Glad I could help. :)