Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: All set up BUT...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After torrenting the full 3.3.5 folder, and getting the proper realmlist file in the folder after renaming the original, and creating my server account, I open the WoW.exe and log in with my server account and...

...it tries to update itself. It goes to the "Updating #%" screen and when done tells me to restart to patch, which I cancel out of before it can. The solutions I've seen on here so far saying to rename Launcher.exe or BNUpdate.exe don't work because, oddly enough, this WoW folder completely lacks either. I ran a search for them, nothing.

Halp plz?
You sure you're not using the launcher instead of the normal .exe? And that it's 3.3.5a?
Yes. I go straight to WoW.exe. And the open game client says 3.3.5 in the bottom left corner.
3.3.5 and 3.3.5a are different! Make sure you're on 3.3.5a and not just 3.3.5.
Huh. I just doublechecked; The folder with all the files said 3.3.5a but the client itself says 3.3.5. Guess I'll look for this partial-patch and see how it works out.
Alright, post again with results so we know if you're good or need more help!
Okay, so I get the patch for 3.3.5a and it fails because it tells me I already have it. The game client login screen says: 3.3.5 (12340) (Release)
Mine says 3.3.5 (12340) (Release, Intel). Do you still get the same issue upon starting the game?
Yes. As I said before, trying to patch didn't work because I "already have it installed". Yet WoW keeps trying to update itself. And I'm sincerely starting to doubt depatching is going to work if it does this at this stage.
The client will never show the (a) patches. The important thing is to ensure the build number is correct (12340), which in this case it is.

What operating system do you have? Where did you put the WoW directory after you downloaded it? I know that folder should have Wow.exe, because I can see it in the file list of the torrent. Are you sure you were looking in the proper place? Where does the shortcut point to that you were using to try and launch the game? Does the launcher pop up when you run it, or does it go right into the game to the login screen?
I use Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2. I put the WoW folder right on my desktop. To my understanding WoW.exe and Launcher.exe are different things, I had WoW.exe in the folder of course but no Launcher.exe, and usually the suggested fixes entail renaming that file. So my only option was to open WoW.exe directly, but of course when I logged in, it goes to the character-creation backdrop but starts the "Update is needed" percentage counter to force the patch download, so I ended up forcequitting.
Ah yes, it seems it was omitted in that folder to help prevent patching up. Where is your realmlist.wtf file?
Sitting on my desktop at the moment while I wait for that WoW folder to retorrent in full. I figured my problem was unfixable when I waited some time for a reply, so I deleted it and replaced the game I had uninstalled before to make room for it. But once I have it all back, I'll even post a screenshot and SHOW what EXACTLY the problem is.
Okie dokie!
Okay, here is what my WoW folder looks like: http://i54.tinypic.com/14wdtz5.png

And this is what happens when I log into the game (opening it ONLY by WoW.exe): http://i51.tinypic.com/28re3pl.png http://i53.tinypic.com/sywbig.png
Pages: 1 2 3