Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Druid shapeshift question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would a druid shapeshift work ICly if they wear clothes? Wouldnt they be naked? And another question how would they Icly heal?
"Magic."

I wish that wasn't the best answer, but it really is.
There's also the matter of accounting for where the extra mass comes from when a tiny elf transforms into a hulking bear, or where it vanishes to when a large Tauren takes Stormcrow form.

As for healing, it works much akin to any other form of healing. Druids and Shaman call on Nature's own power rather than the Light, however.
I've always played it out as another variant of the same breed of energy, that accelerates the natural process of healing.
Ahhh :) Thank you. So the nature magic would work the same as the light? It just looks different and they call it different? And could a druid also shapeshift a half part of her into an animal?
Don't think half parts work as it takes -a lot- of concentration and training to turn into an animal in the first place. I think its possible to be half animal but would take a prestige of some sort to do so. I wouldn't claim to be an expert but I think this is the answer you will hear from someone who is. As this question has been asked before. Feel free to further look around for a more convincing source if you wish.
AHh okey:) Thanks.
The only known Druid that has partial transformation is Malfurion, but he's the most powerful archdruid on Azeroth so that's kind of off limits.
And, of course, the Night Elves with antlers (and Tauren), but the first isn't allowed.

EDIT: Right. Onto the actual topic question. Disclaimer: I hold noone else to this, just myself. Feel free to do it if you want.

How I've always done it is your character needs to wear the skins of what they want to turn into. Take my druid Sha'dash for example -- He's dressed fully in Owl feathers (Of course, held together in plain old leather), with a totem. The leather and everything on the totem, along with a smidget of metal, to hold his feather earrings in, are the only thing that aren't from the bird that he turns into.

So, an example.

Let's say he's turning into an owl. He will grab his totem, which is approximately just a bit taller then he is, and chant some funky mumbo-jumbo. By the way, this is his staff.

[attachment=1787]

So, as I was saying. He holds the head of the staff, with the bird-head and wings, in front of his face. The talon-ending is in front of his feet. What he chants basically combines him and his totem into the animal he wants, AKA which is closest to what he's turning into. His arms become wings, his legs talons, his face that of an owl. You get the drift.

If you have any more questions, ask 'em.
Mhh but the antlers are not real antlers right? if you look closely you see a band around it.
That's just for the item. By the way, check out my earlier post. It goes into transforming a bit more indepth.
And what about the T8 druid helm, is that allowed? The little floating moon.
I've seen people using it. I, personally, am against it, but other people may be for it. It's up to the opinion of the player.
I am also against usage of that moon unless you are a prestige.
This to me ,to bring up an off topic reference, is like what happens with the hulk wouldn't his mass tear all the clothes off of him... making him run around naked * Hulk Smash!* In my mind I always viewed that the clothing Druids wore simply just transformed with them *shrug*. It made it easier in my mind to deal with it. ..I have a Tauren that I play all he wears is a leather outfit which I figure he is still wearing when in cat form but in the end it guess like Delta said it just come back to Magic.