Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Server Downtime - CANCELED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The downtime has been canceled. Check the last post in the thread by me for info.
Quote:The server will be coming down tonight at 11pm PDT for maintenance and database stuffs. I'll be transferring things over to the latest NCDB database, so some custom things may not be around when it comes back up (notably, any extra normal NPCs that were spawned in a normal map - for instance, extra guards in a city, etc).

In addition, all normal mobs will initially be reverted back to their 'normal' strength (such as guards), though many will be bumped back up a bit in strength (perhaps not as much as previously, however).

The downtime is anticipated to last a few hours while I try to transfer all the custom stuff over to the new database.
As an update, I'll only be transferring certain things over for now, and then do some other things over time. For instance, tonight I'll probably only work on transferring NPCs over. Downtime shouldn't be more than an hour, as I've been working on the transfer during the day.
I was wondering, will "custom empty" places be re-filled with creeps? And extra NPCs like the abominations in the Dead Scar will they disappear too?
I've changed my mind, and will not be doing any big replacements from NCDB for the time being, especially considering any updates from them have no easy method of doing so (ie, need to redo the whole database when it's updated).

So, downtime canceled!