Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shainar, that silly long-eared twit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I first started playing WoW when I was a sophomore in college, and subsequently nearly failed my classes that year. After realizing what was more important, I took a break and finished my studies. Slowly I got back in to the game, but realized that the normal hack and slash grind that comes with RPGs was starting to get really boring. So I moved to Moon Guard and slowly began to learn how to properly roleplay. I was hooked from the start and I've been actively roleplaying ever since.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
The United States is my birthplace but hopefully not my permanent home. I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had played the Warcraft games ever since I was young, watching my dad play Warcraft 2 many a night. One night he had to answer a phone call in the middle of a campaign, so he let me sit and play for him. He told me I had a wicked grin on my face as I watched my gryphon riders slaughter some ogres, and the next day he bought me a copy. I moved through the expansion and sequel, and then WoW was the natural progression for me.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Some friends and I were talking one day about how WoW was sometimes too expensive to enjoy, especially if you only come on to roleplay anymore. I asked if they had ever thought of a private server and they all gasped and ran away... and then I searched for one myself and Conquest of the Horde was the main result. After reading the basic description, it sounded like an ideal place for where to go next.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm a huge fan of pair or small group roleplay. Since I'm too polite and hate to interrupt people, large groups generally leave me with nothing to say. Relationships, exploration, even bragging about the latest conquest are all great if there's a select few involved.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I loathe this question; I don't have a favorite!!! Though I guess the race that amuses me the most is a Troll; their Jamaican accent still makes me laugh. I like any of the melee classes, my favorite character on Moon Guard is a Paladin. Her nose-in-the-air attitude gets her into many tough situations.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I simply expect that everyone will respect me for who I am and what I do, and I will do the same for them. Being fair and honest gets you a long way, and I feel that everyone should have those qualities. Now that's not to say that my character can't get the crap beat out of him/her physically or emotionally, but just be sure to react to what I'm saying rather than just ignoring it and taking over the roleplay completely.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think the introductions area is the best idea I've ever seen! It lets everyone get an idea of who the person is before they even start interacting with them. That can help in a great way to get rid of griefers and idiots, and helps clear some confusion on things as well.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I fully intend to write a story here soon, but rather than typing it in this tiny window I plan to type it in Word and paste it later.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm really looking forward to roleplaying with all of you and I hope you'll have me! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you’re familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I’m online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

Go ahead and paste the story in here when you have it done so we can look back to it for when you apply to be a grunt. Or, you can make a thread in IC/Storyline area if it's about one of your characters and just link it to this intro, which ever you would rather do. *nod*

Hope you enjoy your stay!