Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: AvaniVidar's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player I am as helpful to others as I can be. If you treat me respectfully, kindly, and well then you will always recieve the same hospitality from me. I have been well known to help other players out even when I'm in the middle of my own questing/venturings. I really do LOVE helping and playing with others.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: U.S.A and English is my only language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Many years ago my father used to play. I had a little Gnome Rogue. Then the older of my two younger brothers got me back into it a year or two after my father initially introuced me to it. It is one of my favorite gaming enviornments ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):My youngest brother told me about your server and I am very excited at the chance to join it and play and RP again.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a variety of roleplaying scenarios. Though I am particularly fond of the small intimate ones between friends, guild, or little groups. I would also be interested in roleplaying with the other faction in more than just "emotes".

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Ah, my favorite class is the hunter because I adore getting the pets and I also really like the longer distance that the pet allows you to use(not to mention the sweet RP story that can go along between the pet and hunter). I also really love Priest because I really like helping others out and healing everybody. The two classes are so close they are almost tied, except that I love hunters too much. Races... I really like the Blood Elves (I don't really have any particular reason) and the Draenei because they are totally awesome and they have a wonderful story behind them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are to be able to RP with a variety of people and to interact with a mature audience. I also expect to have a lot of fun playing with these people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really like that you are completely against plagiarism. I am an actual writer and I would be completely heartbroken if anyone stole my writings and got away with it. I also really like that you intend to keep a mature audience with not so much drama. Drama is one of the worst things from other servers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A petite woman opened her exotic green eyes to see the interior of a dimly lit room. Groggily she looked about the small space and realized that the walls were made of dirt; which meant she was underground. She shifted in her bed and turned to see a tall dark-haired female with her back turned; she was doing something with a dresser-like furniture piece. The woman wore a beautiful, flowing blue and teal dress; her feet were in delicate white slipper-like boots. She gazed at the figure and watched her as she moved gracefully about the room. She thought to herself about how beautiful and familiar she was, but could not remember where she’d seen her before. She sat up and swung her legs so that they dangled off the edge of her mattress. As she rustled the dark-haired woman turned around and faced her. A smile flitted across her rosy pink lips and her watery sapphire blue eyes glowed with cheer. She rushed over to the green-eyed woman, sat herself on the cot next to her and then held her tight. The dark-haired woman finally extracted herself from the female and brushing the hair out of the woman’s bright green eyes said, “You’re finally awake dear.”

Her voice was light and watery. The smaller female blinked a couple times, tilted her head to the side, and then in a quiet, high voice she asked, “Where do I know you from?” She paused for a moment then continued, “... How long have I been asleep?”

“I’m Undine, your sister silly! Don’t you remember who you are?”

The woman blinked again and racked her mind. After a moment she looked up at Undine, “I don’t know... but I feel like I should... like I’m supposed to be... someone important?”

Undine laughed softly and played with her hair again, “Yes, you are Ielle AvaniVidar, Elementalist of the Earth. And I am Undine AltheaGlyndwr, your sister, the Elementalist of Water... I am just so glad that you are finally awake! Everyone has missed your smiling face.”

Undine took Ielle’s hands and helped her rise to her full height; a 4’11” petite frame. She then led her out a door in the wall that Ielle hadn’t noticed before. They walked up several flights of stairs and through several more doors until finally they came to the surface. The light that radiated from all around blinded her. She squinted as she looked around the open area before her. She stared in awe at the beauty of the world that surrounded her. As her eyes adjusted she wandered forward and turned in all directions. When she finally looked down at her tiny bare feet she saw that she was standing on soft, lush green grass. She leaned over and admired it for a moment; the vibrant green color fascinated her. She reached out her hand and stroked it, and as she did she heard the voices of the Earth begin to sing and rejoice at her tender touch. This startled her slightly and she almost rose to her feet, but something deep within her made her stay.

“Hello Ielle, it’s really nice to see you up and moving again.” A tender, soft yet masculine voice said from behind her.

She rose and spun around to see a thinner male, about 5’9” in height with white hair -however not with age- and the most beautiful silver eyes; he was dressed all in white. Gingerly she replied, “Hello...?”

He smiled warmly, “Yeah... You’re probably still kinda out of it. My name is Anathias AmalaEnlil, Elementalist of Wind. But you normally call me Akitsu.”

Ielle nodded, “Alright, sure. Thank you.”

He flushed slightly, “Yeah... sorry. I’ll just wait for you to remember.” With that he turned around and walked away, feeling slightly foolish.

Ielle watched the man walk away until she could no longer see him through the trees and bushes. She turned her head back to the ground; the colors and sounds that it made still mesmerized her. She noticed the different flowers and leafy plants and then the dirt itself; where she saw some movement. Intrigued she bent down again and saw little creatures... she wanted to call them bugs, ants? These captivated her attention and she followed the trail of marching critters, careful not to step on any of them until she came to a different kind of soil. She reached out her hands and scooped up some of the new substance. She played with it a little and then brought it up to her nose; it smelled like dirt... mixed with sand. She let it fall between her fingers as she looked up. Before her lay a huge expanse of crystal-clear water; it glittered as the bright mid-day sun shined down on it. Waves lapped up on the shore and she inched forward. Timidly she bent over the diamond liquid and gazed into it. What she saw surprised her. There was a small woman with chin-length sandy blonde hair –the tips were green- and exotic green eyes staring back at her. The woman had three small marks on both of her cheeks, almost as if they had been made by an animal. Shaking her head Ielle realized what she was looking at; it was her own reflection. She reached out and touched the shifting surface; it sent a cold chill through her spine. She suddenly knew exactly who she was. She was the Elementalist of Earth, Mother of the Forest, the fifth element, and the lover of... someone?

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I am totally excited to have the opportunity to join your server. I have missed roleplaying online on WoW a lot since I have not been able to pay for the monthly fees. I am very very thrilled!

I've added the story now too, just so you know :)
Hello there AvaniVidar, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Anything you've written yourself, even something not related to Warcraft in the slightest, is perfectly fine.
Have fun!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
I added my story. It's a short little excerpt from the beginning of something that I am working on. I hope it works :)
I finished the Story.
I finished and added my Story. :)