Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Don't bother."
The words sent a horrid chill down the man's spine as he spun himself around to face the one to speak them, setting his sight on a white clothed woman standing across the room from him. The man's eyes went wide as he took an understanding to the situation and made a dash for a nearby console, tapping out a string of buttons and pulling levers. His breathing becoming eratic as he fearfully spoke into a microphone, nothing but static giving him a response as he fell back and turned to face the woman again. "Never did listen to me..." The woman slowly began to patter across the metal floor, her robes dragging along as she closed the distance between them both. "W-wait a minute!" A pathetic attempt to feign an attack to her, a blast of fire snapping out of the gnome's hand as it screamed through the air after Pollie. The man's mouth cracked with a sadistic grin as he watched the fireball connect with the woman, a cloud of smoke obscuring the view as he stumbled to his feet and began trailing a few steps forward.

Utter fear took over his expression as he snapped his eyes to his left, watching as a white figure came walking out from behind a piller, clapping her hands mockingly."I had hoped to end this quietly. Hope has done me no good, though." Paxel barely had time to even blink as a sudden flash of blue light had a block of ice smashing against his shoulder, the bone breaking under the force of the impact as he was slammed against the console. Grabbing his now broken shoulder, the gnome slid down onto his rear as he conjured a shield around himself, buying time at best."Never were one for evocation..." "b***h! Couldn't just die somewhere!? Rot in the ground!? Five minutes passed in silence, the two just glaring at one another through the shield that Paxel had erected, the odd insult or argument breaking the otherwise still air. "You don't get it, do you!? My men wi-" "Your men are dead, I cut their throats in their sleep. You should have paid them more, perhaps then they wouldn't sleep on the job.

The situation became rather clear to the man as he began to tire out, his shield falling apart as the woman stepped over to him. Little more than a hateful glare welcomed Pollie as she grabbed the man by the throat and pulled him close to her. Strained as her arms were to hold him up to her, she managed to pull away a hand long enough to show her face to him, her mask falling to her shoulders with a slight tug. "Why did you come here?" Sweat began to soak the man's clothes as he couldn't help but wonder for how long he could stall her, their eyes locked together in the conversation. "Why? To kill you, honestly." "Why? I've never done anything to you. I've never hurt you, your friends or your family. I've never even tried to contact you." The man began to choke for a moment as she suddenly tightened a grip around his throat, relaxing it seconds later.

"You're a ghost from my past, something I need to get rid of. It's nothing personal, honestly." "Personal? You're going to kill me, of course it's personal!" Pollie rolled her eyes at the man as she strained herself to hold him up by the coller of his shirt, deciding to give his throat an easier time. A few minutes passed in silence, serving as proof that his guards were not coming. "Why haven't you just done it already?" The woman just stared into his eyes for a few seconds before she finally managed an answer. "I actually like you." Perking a brow as he continued to muscle through the pain in his shoulder, the man couldn't help but question this. "And you're here to kill me. Have you ever made sense?" A slight flinch gave him away as he turned his eyes down to his chest, staring at the dagger Pollie had just placed against it. "Any... last words, perhaps?"

A few beads of sweat rolled down the man's face as he realized he could stall for no longer, his head pounding as he struggled to speak something that might stay her blade. "Okay, wait. Could I just ge-" His words were cut off abruptly as Pollie suddenly pulled him closer and locked her lips against his, holding him still against her for a moment before finally letting him go. With good reason, his expression was utter confusion, outright unable to get any words out of his mouth as it just hung ajar. "Happy birthday."
Pollie is now the biggest troll ever to live...