Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: WoW wants me to patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week, I tried and failed a few times to install WoW up to 3.3.5a, and I finally succeeded today, but now when I open up WoW and then try logging in, it wants me to restart the program so it can patch. It doesn't matter if the account is a valid account or not. I dunno if this has to do with a problem with the realmlist or my account or how I'm opening it, or what, and I feel dumb for not being able to figure it out, 'cause it seems like it should be simple. ._. Help would be veeery appreciated.

Added
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us
to my realmlist and it fixed itself.
It seems like a Realmlist problem.

Post your realmlist here if you can ^.^
Okay. I think I might know why there's a realmlist problem, but I don't know what it is. I accidentally deleted the WoW realmlist before I even downloaded the CotH realmlist, so I dunno if that's a problem, and I'm also not sure exactly where my realmlist goes? >.> I gathered from posts I read that it belongs in enUS? This is my enUS folder (Realmlist at the top):
[Image: ebebup.png]
Contents:
set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
Yup, it goes there. Try it again and tell me if it works!
Still nothing. ._. I've reread through every related thread on the first two pages of this board and every tech and getting started guide on the site, and I've done everything, but it still just does not want to let me log in without making me install up to 4.0 first. I'm still at 3.3.5a, thankfully, and I'm opening Wow.exe and not Launcher.exe like I know I'm supposed to.

Edit: Restarted my comp and tried again, and now it has me stuck at Handshaking.
I'm also having a similar issue. Upon trying to log in, I am greeted by the update screen, but it doesn't actually try to load anything. However, my realmlist is correct. I'm not sure what the issue is. D:
Try renaming the realmlist to just realmlist. Also, be -sure- to use wow.exe.
Yes, I've already seen to that numerous times. I'm not sure what it is. I installed a second copy of WoW onto the C: drive under the folder "Conquest of the Horde". My original copy is tucked further into the same drive in the Users > Public > Games folders. Here's a picture of the folder I'm using to connect to the server with:

Spoiler:
[Image: Untitled.png]

The information in the realm list is as follows:

set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

I'm really having a hard time figuring out what's the cause behind this. If it helps, I'm running W7 as an OS.
Remove the last two sentences-

Remove -set realmlisttbn ""-
Remove -set portal us-
Still nuthin'! Head smash

Edit: I installed the game from the disks, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've been on private servers before.. :-/
The only thing I can suggest is making sure Show Launcher is unchecked at the login screen when you use wow.exe. I'm not very good at the tech side of WoW, unfortunately.
Unfortunately, this hasn't worked either. I'm starting to get the feeling this thing hates me.

Update: It turns out that trying to log in via the registered e-mail as opposed to the username does not work! Damn the Battle.net merge, it had me all sorts of messed up. Fortunately, it would seem that I can play now. Yay! *Is ecstatic*
Did you create an account on Account Management?
Yes, I did, but I was under the impression you had to log in with your e-mail and password rather than the username you created. Similar to how the current model for retail WoW is after the merge with Battle.net. However, this is not the case! Silly me.. <_<
Ahha!
FlyingSquirrel has earned the 'Fixed a Technical Issue' achievement!