Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Arriving on schedule (unscheduled? They sound alike!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can post here! Huzzah! Look, Ma, I already posted an introduction and am now moving onto big-time status!

I hope to fit in well here. In that vein I suppose I need a new name for my paladin. It was a tribute to an old favorite book, had nothing to do with the well-known knight of similar name in any respect, and was made before I dove heavily into Wow RP.

However, it has unfortunately apparently given people bad impressions in the past. I've been accused of calling the kettle black, usually by people with horrible spelling skills who weren't even on the server to RP ("Luls, gai w/ character named Lancelet disapproving of my name"), as well as quite blatantly having my sexuality called into question, of all things. What the freck? Well, it's WoW, and people are people.

Fortunately none of the people who took up the cause of mocking me in Trade I really gave two bits about, as anyone else who spent at least 30 seconds with the character discovered the name is just a name. But it's a small community here, it seems, and I would like to make the right impression.

Where is this going? I don't know. I just wanted to explain myself. I'd like to keep the name, but in the interest of keeping the peace, I shall explore other nomulative options. (Yes, I made that up. Faux Latin is all the rage! Hoowah!)
It really is okay. I play a character named Barbie which people questioned a lot. Mind you, she is a female dwarf so it really was not like I was copying the icon. Anyways, do not worry. People shouldn't care that much and if they do..oh well, right?

Anyways! Enjoy your stay! Have fun with RPing..oh and, do not worry about your sexuality. We accept everyone. No kidding, we have a good community towards LGBT. ;3 Well, assuming that is what you meant.
(06-27-2011, 09:59 AM)Cressy Wrote: [ -> ]It really is okay. I play a character named Barbie which people questioned a lot. Mind you, she is a female dwarf so it really was not like I was copying the icon. Anyways, do not worry. People shouldn't care that much and if they do..oh well, right?

Anyways! Enjoy your stay! Have fun with RPing..oh and, do not worry about your sexuality. We accept everyone. No kidding, we have a good community towards LGBT. ;3 Well, assuming that is what you meant.

Barbie, eh?? Suddenly I don't feel so bad! I kid.

The semi-humorous thing is, he saw fit to inform me that my character's name was "gay" and he was insulted because supposedly his name was Lance in real life. Okay, bro!

This was Ravenholdt, though, an absolute cesspit of a WoW server, at least Horde side. *shudder*

Anyway, I do not happen to be gay, but I don't make a big issue out of any orientation. I am glad to see the community is supportive though.

Thank you for the welcome!
Look in my signature, under Achievements. References are fine.