Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: "Believing Life After Love" -- Necromancer --
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'Twas a dark night as per usual in the forsaken lands. Particularly in graveyard record's building. The rain lightly pitter-pattered the rooftop. Creating a slight ominous tone which only could befit that of the forsakens' town of Brill.

Upon this night, it was then that had begun an ironic set of events that would trickle information into the mind of a certain Forsaken.

This man had come all the way to Undercity to investigate what it is Forsaken doctors do. Though of course like others, he had stumbled upon the vast graveyard of men and women in Brill. He had been searching for his wife, you see?

In his death, she was lost, and left behind. While he, was returned as a monster. Cursed to never being able to see her again, only left with faint memories blurred by the condition he was put in now.

Throughout the course of searching the graveyard for the one name, the one name who's still holds most value in his life. He had ran into another Forsaken, her interest poked by his wandering.

The man had explained to the forsaken woman that he's been searching for his wife since he had finally retaken his own will.

"I've nothing... I'm searching for her. I know she's not Scourge, nor a Forsaken. I can't move forward. I don't know what to do... I want to make something of my second life."
The man explained.

The women could only rebuttal with what she had thought made sense.
"It seems that you can't move forward, as you dwell in the past... Forget about the past, and you should finally be able to move forward."

It were these simple words that tested the man's very will of continuing in life... Though something clicked...

How could he move forward finally, and get to see his wife again?

Quote:Week of 6-26 to 7-2
This post contains: 304 Words
Total as of this point: 304 Words

[To help immerse yourself in your reading experience, please listen to the video provided]

Later that evening the rain had worsened, the ground was beginning to turn to mud in Brill. The guards and vigilantes of the town patrolled back and forth on their usual paths. Claps echoing throughout the skies, as if the greatest blacksmith pounded away at hot metal.

Though something was bound to happen eventually, no?

The man had eventually found himself a little relaxation in Gallows' End Tavern after the letdown of being unable to find his wife in the graveyard, though it was something that had happened many times before. Nothing unusual, just the feeling of failure once again.

The same women from before had entered the tavern, this woman now known to the man as Sasha. She had of course came to ask him help, after all he had told her that he knew how to fight with the pole of a weapon he walked around with.

Sasha not only gathered him, but others as well. One of the people Sasha gathered was actually an old friend of the man. A very old one... But the story isn't of an old friendship...

The new group of vigilantes had set off, searching for a murder actually. A freshly done murder, at the crime scene though there was only one person's blood, and the tracks of another in the fresh mud thanks to the rain.

The tracks were tracked of course, but eventually came to an end near a tree... Near the tree though, was freshly turned soil.

The man and another vigilante began to dig, naturally, they eventually found something. It was bone, and on the bone were markings, they glistened lightly with power... Power. Over. Death.

This is it! It had all fallen into place in the man's mind... 'How can I move forward, and see my wife again? Who controls death? What can I finally do in this life...?' ...The answer was simple my dear friend... Necromancy...

'Necromancy... Yes, it's true... it only fits me. I've finally found what I've longed for... The power to bring my wife to me, to be like me, and to be with me.'

...And so the journey began...

But who? Who will teach him...

...A grin spread across the man's face, his monocle glistening from the flashes of lightning, rain dripping down the man's face. Only three words escaped his smile... "Red and Frostshackle..."

This post contains: 417 Words
Total as of this point: 721 Words
Now we return upon our little friend, the man walking along the road towards Booty Bay. He had just left Gurubashi after patching up some gladiator who needed a doctor. I guess even being a dead doctor, you can still make some money.

Little did our friend know though, that he was being followed. A dark figure, who we'll call Rogue, that kept to the grass and bushes. Eventually Rogue had to make his move, and of course...

...He did...

Rogue had come onto the man, bringing a dagger from his side to press against the forsaken's back.

"Give me all you got, if you scream, try to run, or look behind you. I'll kill you." Rogue muttered out of his mouth quietly, making it obvious he isn't lying.

The forsaken tensed at the knife, but eventually relaxed, attempting to start some form of small talk, he blurted out. "Whew boy, you're lucky... I wish I hadn't lost my weapon, or I'd put a hurting on you."

Rogue paid no mind to what the forsaken had said, seemingly completely oblivious to it. He pushed the dagger forward a bit harder, enough to begin cutting into the forsaken's robes. "Empty your pockets."

The forsaken sighed audibly, adjusting his monocle, he reached into his pockets. Purposely tossing it hard behind him, making the gold fall far back behind the pair. The coins bouncing off the ground and rolling around.

"Good, now start walking forward, and if you look back, or do anything to draw attention, I'll bury you back in the ground where you belong." Rogue had offered his ultimatum.

The other man, begin to walk forward, stopping about fifteen feet ahead to continue speaking. "So, what're you gonna do now? I'm very tempted to look behind me."

Meanwhile Rogue was stepping around lightly, collecting the man's gold. About five minutes later the Forsaken had finally looked behind him. Rogue no where in sight, his gold no where in sight, it was just him and only himself. Just as it was before, except no money.

The forsaken cupped his hands around his mouth, exclaiming. "Bastard! I hope you die!" Nodding affirmatively to himself, the forsaken continued onward. Stopping though, mid-step.

Ah yes, my little friend. Death, you mentioned it again, but where can it be found. Where is Red, and Frostshackle? Where was it you went to learn of runes?

Catacombs... The word came to him, it danced around his mind. He clenched his fists in thought. Grinning the forsaken turned on his heels. "Now, where was it again?" He said aloud. Beginning the trek back northwards passing Gurubashi, towards Duskwood.

All the while, memories of that place traversed our friend's mind. Everyone he was associated with, every ounce of harm that place caused, the vow to leave that place and never get back into the kind of trouble the Catacombs created. But now he'd have to endure it a little longer, for his wife... For his family. For himself, and for his heritage.

Though I do hope our friend doesn't pay with his own life like he did last time...

This post contains: 519 Words
Total as of this point: 1,240 Words