Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello there, I'm Faradir
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I started off by playing Duke Nukem on an old 386 I believe. Since then, as I was growing up, I started playing less and less and headed towards more social games : MMORPGs like MuOnline, Silkroad, World of Warcraft and whatnot, although I am not that much of a social person in real life. In the meantime, I'm keeping myself busy with studying, internet, graphic design and programming.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Romania, so my primary language is, of course, Romanian, but I believe I speak English rather fluently.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've originally played Warcraft 2 first, though I didn't get much of what was going on there. Then, Warcraft 3 came out and I played it and re-played, just like I did with the following expansion, The Frozen Throne. Then, as soon as private World of Warcraft servers started appearing I hopped on. Since then, I've been playing it on and off on different private servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I've been playing on some PvP and PvE realms of a private server since February and I've always been attracted by the Role Play side of World of Warcraft so I thought I should give it a try and find myself a server. Googled it and here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be entirely honest, I'm fairly new to role playing. I've done it before on some forums, but not for extended amounts of time. So, I think I want to experiment with any types I can find on here and try to learn as much as I can.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I can't say I have favorite races or classes per se. I enjoy playing any of them, depending on my mood and the request for them on the server. I do have, though, some preferred race/gender/class combinations, like I don't feel that a Male Orc Rogue is a good combination.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to get a decent feel of what World of Warcraft role playing is about, make some friends and not get cast away if I make a few decent mistakes :D

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. I am sick and tired of playing on servers, or participating on forums where many people simply do not treat others with respect because they don't feel like it and rarely get punished. I have always treated others with respect when replying to threads on forums or handling in-game situations, no matter what their initial attitude was, so I have always been demanding the same in return, rarely getting it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I feel that I'd like to complete this sometime in the future.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I feel like I've understood most of what was to understand after reading the Wiki, the FAQ and the Stickies.
Hello there alfredwiggleby, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Faradir and Arven, on the same day? I think someone's messing with me.
I won't be happy if I have to greet Frobo or Sam Unwise.

But I am happy to greet -you-, nonetheless! Welcome.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.