Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Bal'a Dash, Malanore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi, CotH. I'm Masquerade. I have an extensive history of roleplaying in my free time, which, given my complete lack of other hobbies or responsibilities, translates to all my time.

After I flunked out of secondary school due to bullying, I came across a roleplaying forum and quickly became addicted. I'll admit that I was absolutely terrible at it when I first started, barely able to capitalize and utterly ignorant to the existence of commas... After spending several years there, however, I found that constantly posting on the forum had actually improved my literacy, moreso than my actual education. The forum eventually went down, so I ventured to other similar websites and eventually to the official World of Warcraft servers, at which point I wandered into Goldshire Inn and found myself temporarily blinded due to excessive use of the word 'thrust'.

I promptly left, though I was saddened that something with so much potential had been ruined by such an uncaring community. That was when I learned about private servers. After a short break from WoW, I was referred to a private RP server called Millenium by a friend, and quickly became infatuated with the concept of roleplaying once again. As before, I started off rather noobish, but within a few months I was being praised by my guildmates for my literary skill, much to my delight. Driven to become a better roleplayer now that I had found an enjoyable server, I began to study the lore extensively until I was well-versed enough to settle some minor lore disputes on the forums. Internal conflicts within the server led me to abandon Millenium and migrate to a new server, along with many others with similar mindsets. Together we created a new roleplaying server, Imperium, and the cycle began anew.

Imperium, I found, was a lot less restricted than Millenium. This, coupled with the severely reduced population, allowed me to stand out from the crowd and get a bit crazy with my character ideas. I won two Custom Class Competitions in a row, which allowed me to eventually create one of the most influential characters on the server, and soon enough I was controlling one of the most powerful antagonists on Imperium, scheming, plotting, even defending my fortress from attacks. Unfortunately, Imperium also succumbed to age and eventually died out as well, so I began to try out other servers. I visited Prologue, Rebellion and a few others I can't remember, but I never found a server I could settle on, and so I eventually just gave up.

A year later, I decided to give google one last shot and found this server, which brings us to the present. Hi.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and currently reside in the United Kingdom, so my primary language is Crumpetese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft 3 was my first Warcraft game, and I moved on to World of Warcraft a year after it was released. I found it very difficult to play the game properly, however, and so I spent the majority of my time on RP servers, as opposed to levelling or raiding. I never levelled a character above 40 due to this.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): Conquest of the Horde is one of the only roleplaying servers I haven't yet visited, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Judging from the site and forum, your server seems well-established, so I have high hopes. Oh, and I found my way here via google.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds, really. I particularly enjoy combat roleplay, but I'm also fond of drama, romance and comedy.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race to roleplay would probably be Orc, just because they're so badass. I have a bad habit of trying to create very 'odd' characters, or at least characters considered odd by the standards of their culture, and Orcs have a lot of potential for individuality in my opinion. My favorite race from lore is Pandaren, because holy **** samurai pandas.

What are your expectations of this server?:
The rules seem pretty strict and admittance to the server is fairly complex in itself, so I would guess you have a very talented playerbase overall. From what I've seen, everything seems quite high caliber.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance. I've had some bad experiences with overly critical communities before, so I appreciate that.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I've no problem doing this, as a matter of fact I'm writing one right now, but I thought I'd submit the thread and then edit the story in a bit later.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I do have a few questions, actually.

1) What is CotH's policy on custom classes? I've been to a few servers in which custom classes were allowed, but had to be earned through competitions or stellar applications, so I'm wondering if you guys take a similar approach or if you don't allow them at all.

2) What is CotH's policy on model changing? As above, I've been to servers where players were allowed to roleplay as Pandaren, High Elves and other races usually unplayable via model changing, so I'd like to know if that's allowed here.

3) What is CotH's policy on High Elves? Fairly self-explanatory.

4) Do you host any events?

5) How strict are you when it comes to ensuring all characters are roughly equal in terms of power? Does this apply even when a character becomes particularly powerful over a very long time? Would a character that has advanced to Dark Ranger still be equal in power to a regular Hunter?
Hello there Masquerade, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

I choked on my drink reading the line about Goldshire inn. I've lived a sheltered life here at CotH.
It's a pleasure to welcome you, Masquerade.

1) What is CotH's policy on custom classes?
Disallowed, I'm fairly sure. We don't allow multi-classing.

2) What is CotH's policy on model changing?
You must first be a grunt to apply for a model change. We have a board for applications.

3) What is CotH's policy on High Elves?
Disallowed. Grakor will cry if you ask.

4) Do you host any events?
Tonnes. We have several boards for them.

5) How strict are you when it comes to ensuring all characters are roughly equal in terms of power?
Prestige classes are considered a notch more powerful, but only in their specific fields.
Our Prestige system is currently down for reworking, but we are expecting to have it up. Soon. Ish.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
Masqueraaaaaade! Paper faces on parade, masquerade! Hide your face so the woooorld will neeeeever find you!

(Posted from teh phonez)
Quote: at which point I wandered into Goldshire Inn and found myself temporarily blinded due to excessive use of the word 'thrust'.

I took some non-roleplaying friends of mine to MoonGuard (after I transferred to a non-RP server to get into hardcore raiding). They were SHOCKED to see that it was pretty much a giant brothel. It was also during the Mr. T Night Elf Mohawk event, where you could throw the Mohawk heads on players with those grenades. There were 5-6 of us, and that meant a lot of grenades. As much as I hate trolls, we trolled the hell out of Goldshire.

You know something is wrong when the inn looks like this:
Spoiler:
[Image: goldshire1.jpg]

I pity the fool!
Spoiler:
[Image: scaled.php?server=823&filename=goldshire...res=medium]