Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction of Tatsuya
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello there, I'm Tatsuya. It's just a random japanese name chosen as my nickname because I'm a fan of mangas and animes. But this is about Warcraft right, so let's start. I have played World of Warcraft since Vanilla, mostly on private servers and my brother's own server together with some real life friends. There are several reasons why after 5 years of playing this is still my favourite game of all (together with Warcraft 3 RoC + TFT): 1. Azeroth is like a second home, so when I'm not working or spending time with friends and family I can relax and walk in the forests of Quel'thalas, do some sightseeing (e.g. the gate to Uldum or Grim Batol), train professions or just listen to the tuneful background music. 2. The lore and storytelling in WoW is just epic and I love spending time reading on websites like wowpedia.org to read about characters, history, etc. Especially in the new expansion "Cataclysm", the storytelling ingame has been improved. 3. Races and classes are just perfect in WoW. I love the spells, talents and the way each class is working differently. 4. I love grouping up with other players I know to do pvp or normal dungeons and raids. 5. The gear is an important aspect. It's nice to show off a full armor set and a nice weapon. Plus many weapons have their own place in the lore (e.g. Frostmourne, Ashbringer, Quel'delar/Quel'Serrar, etc.)
So that is a bit of information about why I like this game. Now a few thing about how I play: 1. I don't have one class I play all the time. Although I prefer melee classes such as warrior and paladin I like to level a warlock or hunter too sometimes. 2. I like to upgrade my gear and I collect special items such as armor sets or lore containing weapons. 3. With proper pvp gear I like to do battlegrounds or arena together with other players I know (it's no fun with bad gear though) 4. I spend time travelling across azeroth or outland and visiting special places. 5. I like to make screenshots of special situations, funny moments, characters (from other players and my own), NPCs and nice areas and places.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from Germany and my primary language is german. Although I prefer playing on english speaking servers.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My brother started playing World of Warcraft in 2005. But since he didn't have enough money to afford playing on blizzard servers anymore he established his own server on his computer soon after. That's when I joined the game. We have upgraded it since then and it's now on patch 3.3.5. We're still playing there together with some real life friends. I'm also a big fan of Warcraft 3 (Reign of Chaos + The frozen Throne) although I'm only playing the campaigns (because of the story). Else I own some Comics about Warcraft (e.g. Ashbringer Comic and Sunwell Trilogy) and the book "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King" by Christie Golden and I intend to get more books about Warcraft in the future.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

Recently I've played on a blizzard server to experience the new expansion "Cataclysm" and the new races and talent changes. But I'm taking a break now because of the money. A few days ago I've tested the new "WoW starter edition" where you can play for free until level 20. I wanted to find a way to have fun at lower levels so I tried out some RP servers. But I didn't see a difference in behaviour on any of them. So I looked for a private role-playing server on google and found conquestofthehorde.com
and here I am now.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Travelling on my mount (with others or alone) rather than quick traveling using portals or flight points, walking in a city instead of running, greeting other players when I meet them somewhere and talk like my character would, using "/ commands" when interacting with NPCs or players (e.g. /hug, /wave or talking in 3rd person: /me "..."), having discussions about the lore and the history races, acting like a representative of my guild to other players, have meetings at special places

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

1. The Blood Elves/(former)High Elves are my favourite race, because they've got such an interesting and dramatic story (War of the Ancients, the Sunwell's destruction, exclusion from the Alliance, etc.), also I just love their home: the Eversong Woods, the Isle of Quel'Danas and of course the capital Silvermoon City. 2. I don't have one favourite class, but I prefer melee classes. Warrior and Paladin are the two classes I'm playing the most.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I hope there are many other players online who also just want to enjoy the wonderful World of Warcraft instead of thinking of gear and raiding and nothing else. I wish to meet friendly players who like to have fun and undertake things together. Just simple things like meeting at special places, travelling together and maybe even acting like spouses. Also it would be nice if there are Ventrilo or Teamspeak servers available.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like that you expect players to be familiar with the lore and that role-playing is a must. It surely creates a special atmosphere in the game.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is not a lore containing story, but rather one about a great guild on a private server I played on:

"Cataclysm" was the name of a great guild on the private server "Badash" (one of the Ashrealms) (patch 3.2.2) and it was founded long before I joined the server in december 2009. In the forums on the website and ingame I learned that Cataclysm was one of the few ruling guilds on the server and that even the gamemasters asked members of Cataclysm to test new dungeons before they were available for all other players. Also only the best players on the server could join the guild. So I decided that I wanted to be part of that organisation and together with a few ingame friends I started to gather gear for my troll restoration shaman and increased my healing skills. About a month later I was ready and wrote the application on the website of Cataclysm and shortly after I was invited to the guild. As a first step we (the recruits) had to pass our test in the next guild raid. So I joined as a healer and it went all very nice. On the healing meters (recount) I was in second place so I passed the test and was promoted to the rank of a member. After that I had a nice time in the guild. About 50 to 70 players were online in the guild every day and all of them knew each other and we talked on Ventrilo (even the GMs joined our channel) so I made many friends there only shortly after I joined. We spent most of our time in dungeons like Trial of the Crusader, Vault of Archavon (where I passed my acceptance test) or Naxxramas or we ruled the battlegrounds Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin. Then after quite some time another guild became envious of our status on the server, they called themselves "Death & Taxes". So they complained to the GMs about us and tried to send spies into our ranks to corrupt our guild. But our leader and the officers noticed what they had in mind and they took action against it. We had several guild meetings in Dalaran and discussed the problem (in guild chat). That way everyone was warned and knew we had to be cautious of the members of Death & Taxes. Formerly we trusted them and even invited them to our raids, but no more. To stop the complaints about the GMs helping our guild we talked to them and agreed in breaking up the contact to them. Months went by and there was peace again between Death & Taxes so it became our partner guild again. It was about the time when patch 3.3.0 was released on the blizzard servers when many players left the server, many guild members as well. Also a new Ash realm on patch 3.3.5 called "Kickash" was opened and because of that the number of players online on Badash was split to half because they joined the new server. The battlegrounds were empty and our guild's raid core was reduced to about 10 players so we had to find people on the "lookingforgroup" chat channel at that time. And it only got worse. Though we invited more members to the guild our numbers were shrinking constantly until one day we couldn't even get enough players for our daily raids. The GMs didn't come online anymore so there were no server events either. New players could not even upgrade their gear because there weren't enough groups left that did dungeons and raids. So the whole server was about to die. Ash (the owner of the Ash realms) noticed that and thought of a way to increase the player numbers once more. He updated Badash to patch 3.3.5 as well and implemented the Icecrown Citadel raid and 5man dungeons. And indeed it looked like players were returning to our good old server. Many old faces I knew showed up again. But this didn't save the server, only one or two months later almost everyone left the Ashrealms again.
It's a shame because the server was working very well and it even had its own custom gear and events. When I started in 2009 there were about 500-800 members online everyday - now it's 5-10 players. The only thing that has changed is the realm Kickash. Since it has been updated to patch 4.06 its player numbers are increasing again, from about 20 players to over 150. But I doubt I will find any of my old friends there again.
So this was a sad story about a great guild on a nice server. I miss you my old Cata...

I don't know if this story even fits in here but maybe you understand the feelings for a nice guild when you read it.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I think this introduction is a good thing because it prevents people to join who would just destroy the ambience of the server.
Welcome to CotH!

If you haven’t already, (which I know you have, because you’re just THAT awesome) I suggest you double and triple check the server’s rules and policies, over on the CotH Wiki. The whole thing is chock full of useful information such as the average heights, weights, and ages for characters, as well as other general server information. If you have any additional questions you can’t find over there, feel free to PM myself or another Forum Helper for further assistance. I hope you enjoy your stay here at CotH! (Don’t worry, I know you will.)

Keep in mind however, the highest a player is allowed to level without getting an approved character profile is fifty, and there isn't much PvP. No battlegrounds, arenas, and the like. In addition, you won't be able to so much collect rare items through 'hunting' them, as you will get them instantly through our own custom commands which can be found here.