Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I've been playing WoW for quite some time and RPs have always interested me, I enjoy getting into my character and pretneding to be it. I played EchelonedWow a while ago, but that closed down and after that I went to a boarding school, but now I've decided I would like to go back to my old ways, and I heard about this place and it interested me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from England, and my primary language is also English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to live in Manchester and I had a friend there who played WoW. I liked the look of it and I got into it myself.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I found this server through references whilst looking at other sites, which I found. I didn't like the look of them so much, but this site seemed so much more professional than the others.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I think my favourite roleplay would be a dungeon roleplay. I remember doing Deadmines roleplays a long time ago. But, I do like most roleplays, though I've never tried ERP and it doesn't sound like the sort I would want to try anyway.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favourite race? I think it would have to be blood-elf, but I prefer high-elves. This is because they are so mysterious, and they can be any sort of personality they want, where as Gnomes (which are probably my second favourite) can't be anything, they just fit the outgoing type. Favourite class? Mage I think. They are intellectual class and, well I don't know, I just seem to work better with mage classes than any other.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Expectations? Well, for me it would probably be that it is serious about Roleplaying, which it appears to be but I just hope I am not let down, if I am allowed to join.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It proabbly sounds wierd, but I'm going with the Keyboard skills rule. If I look over this, I could probably pick out some mistakes, but when I go onto servers and there are the people who talk like 'u' and 'thx', it just annoys me! It's so lazy!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Now this is an extract from a book of mine. I am in the process of writing this, but it is my own work. It is based on a world similar to that of the World Of Warcraft, but it is not (to make things easier if it goes further than something for me and friends)

In the beginning there was nothing. It was complete emptiness, well except for three dragons. These dragons roamed the vast emptiness searching: their goal was to find life. Unfortunately, there were different ideas about what to do with the life when they found it… Two of them wanted to nurture it, look after it, protect it, and guide it. These two were called Zion and Skiorn. The third dragon, Skilorn, wanted to destroy it. He felt like they were the only beings that should be in the vast emptiness, and all life they found, should be destroyed.
The dragons would argue and fight. To us, these fights would last millenniums, to them, it would be minutes. The dragons found life on a very few occasions: tiny remote planets in the early stages of development. Zion and Skiorn wanted to look after it, but Skilorn wouldn’t let them. Unfortunately, Skilorn was the most powerful of the three and won the battles. The dragon quickly eradicated the planets, killing all life forms on them.
Skilorn may have been the most powerful, but Zion was the most imaginative and had the most will power. Skiorn, well, he was quiet and helped Zion whenever possible…
Zion had created a plan, they would no longer search for life, but instead they would create it. They only had one flaw in this plan: Skilorn. They attempted to create life in secret, but Skilorn always tracked them down, and destroyed their worlds. Eventually, the two dragons crafted a new plan. One that would stop Skilorn once and for all, but as with all good plans, a sacrifice would have to be made…
Their plan was to use a spell. An ancient spell. A spell that would cause them both to explode. The explosion would cause life to be formed, and also kill Skilorn. Both dragons imagined all that they had created. Once ready, they began to hunt down Skilorn. Soon, they found him and began to chant the unknown language. Their bodies began to glow, and as they got brighter they pounced onto the third dragon. Then, the light became so intense, they exploded. The blast caused atoms to move around and create life, but also it was too much for Skilorn, and the blast took him with them.
It was then that life was created. Zion had created the Zoia realm. Home to all life: Orcs, Trolls, Humans, Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves and so on. He had also created three main islands in his realm; The northern island of Voreia (home to humans, sun elves and others), the southern island of Notia (home to orcs, trolls and others), but then there was the central island of Vouno. Vouno was a mountainous region, but right in the centre was the largest mountain, Terastios. This mountain was more magical than anything that has ever been created before or since. Its rock could be used for the most complex potions, or used to forge the most magical weaponry and armour. But, atop the mountain, hovered a city. This city was called Naittucominy. The city was created by the greatest and most ancient mage order, or so legend says, and it is home to all of the realm’s greatest sorcerers. The mage order was known as the Manachi. The Manachi had every great wizard and witch, but they were a neutral order, and so they stayed out of all conflicts, they were purely interested in knowledge.
Skiorn had created Skia realm, home of death. This realm was ever growing as it had to accompany all dead souls. The realm had two layers. On top, Eirini, where all the good souls went. Below, Vanafsi, the place where all evil beings go. Skiorn had created one race of his own though, the Reapers. The Reapers were like their creator, quiet. All they did was travel between the two realms, collect the dead souls from Zoia and bring them to their appropriate layer in Skia. They wore hooded robes and carried a scythe, but under the robes, nobody knew what was under the robes…
Unfortunately, no-one had anticipated the fact the Skilorn had also been coming up with creature ideas. The only problem was his were similar to himself, they hated other life and wanted to destroy it all! This third realm was called Skliros and it was far away from Zoia, and these creatures were known as Demons…
Zoia began to flourish and kingdoms were established, but peace was still in the realm. One kingdom that was founded was Therodean. It soon became a powerful kingdom, accepting people of all races and it was also a place of safety as it was one of the most well-built kingdoms!
Down further south, just below Notia, was another island. This island was called Amyna, it was home only to the Dark Elves, cousins of the Sun Elves. Now, it may seem confusing to have two different types of elves, but at one time, these elves were the same, they just lived in a separate places.
Soon, the demons learnt of Zoia and Skia. They found a passageway to Skia, but they discovered that Reapers weren’t worth killing, but they could be manipulated… They used the Reapers to gain entry to the Zoia realm, but the Manachi learnt of their plan to cross to Zoia and fought them off. The demons were forced back, but some Zoians wanted to let them cross. One of these people was Kako Koritsi. She was a power hungry Dark Elf, but she was also a sorcerer. After years of work, Kako discovered a spell that would allow the Demons to cross to Zoia. Once the portal was open, most the elves on Amyna became corrupt and possessed by the demons. The ones who were still pure hearted began to fight the corrupt. The Demon Elves began to use the darkness and shadows for power, leaving the Energia Tree (The dark elves original source of power) to the pure hearted. The pure hearted fought of the corrupt valiantly, and so the corrupt, led by Kako, went to attack the tree. There was a huge battle, but the tree was destroyed. Unbeknownst to everyone, that tree was a part of Zion, and went it collapsed, a part of his soul was released. Zion was unhappy about what had happened, and didn’t want the evil to spread, so he cast a spell. Any who were pure hearted suddenly disappeared, teleporting to random places around the realm, then along the coasts, a huge barrier of magical bark sprouted, blocking anyone from leaving or entering. Also, a magical invisible barrier went along the top, preventing anyone from dropping in or climbing out. At the same time, Zion crafted one last race. They were called the Angelos; they were mighty beings, more powerful than any of the others. The Angelos were masters of magic, swordsmanship and archery. These beings looked like elves, as the elves were the most athletic, but they could also fly, due to the fact that they had great, white wings. The Angelos were legendary creatures hiding in the clouds, not many people had ever seen them as they rarely visited the ground. Hidden somewhere in the world was a portal, this portal was the gateway between the clouds and the ground, but it was said that this portal could only be opened by a true Angelos.
It was after the barrier was created that the Great War began. The people on the island of Notia, blamed the people of Voreia for trapping the Dark Elves, and the people of Voreia blamed the people of Notia. They both wanted them to be free and so they fought. The people of Voreia became known as Athoos and the people of Notia became known as Ordi. Unfortunately, not everyone on each island joined these clans and so they stayed solo. One Athoosian would attempt to unite everyone and stop the war, he would be a great man, and his name was… Xerio

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, thats it, thank you for reading this and I hope you approve!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello there spopio, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

We unfortunately do not allow High Elves, but I do share your interest in them.
Elves in general are hard to play right, aren't they?

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.