Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: On Uncorrupted Warlocks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The idea of an Uncorrupted Warlock is great. Having a powerful character that is also insusceptible to the Fel addiction sounds like great fun. But, I have just a few questions for the community:

1. Are they too Mary Sue?

Quote:"Some are strong enough to resist the will of the Legion and of the dark powers they wield..." -WoWWiki

2. How does a Warlock go about developing resistance against the addiction? Is it a different method of casting, or sheer willpower?

3. Should/Is there any penalty to being an Uncorrupted Warlock? Unstable demons/powers? Reduced spell potency?

4. Is there a title synonymous with Uncorrupted Warlock?

Thanks.
1. Nope!

2. They must meditate each day for over an hour.

3. Yes, you can't cast powerful spells easily or summon powerful demons. Well, you can but it takes much longer toreach taht point.

4. What do you mean by title?
(07-04-2011, 02:01 PM)Aphetoros Wrote: [ -> ]4. What do you mean by title?

I was looking for a synonym for Uncorrupted Warlock, such as Felproof or Fel-Resilient. For creativity's sake.
As I play an uncorrupted warlock, I figure I should point out what I do personally.

1. Instead of actual meditation, Tres goes into a meditative state while praying to the light. He's highly religious, and would most likely be able to be a priest if it weren't for the fact he knows what he's doing is horrifically wrong.

2. There are certain spells I RP as more corrupting than others, namley those that deal directly with the character's soul. Tres won't cast life tap, drain life, drain mana, death coil, any of that sort of thing. In addition, he only summons minions sparingly as not only is being around demons a breeding ground for corruption, but a summoning spell is one of the most corrupting spells in a warlock's repertoire.

3. And finally, I'll answer your question. If you mean title as in something to be called in game, most people wouldn't even know an uncorrupted warlock exists unless they were to meet one. In which case they'd probably just be called an Uncorrupted Warlock. In some cases a warlock can be sanctioned by the Kingdom / Church in which case they'd likely be called a Sanctioned Warlock or some such thing.
(07-04-2011, 02:13 PM)Beltharean Wrote: [ -> ]2. There are certain spells I RP as more corrupting than others, namley those that deal directly with the character's soul. Tres won't cast life tap, drain life, drain mana, death coil, any of that sort of thing. In addition, he only summons minions sparingly as not only is being around demons a breeding ground for corruption, but a summoning spell is one of the most corrupting spells in a warlock's repertoire.

My thoughts exactly. But why the Light, and not simply meditation (using willpower rather than the Light)?
I play two warlocks. One corrupted, one uncorrupted.

The corrupted one delights in their spellcasts, and is a Fel-blood addict. Yay!

The uncorrupted one's entire will is focused toward fighting the Legion. Basically, they fight fire with with fire, or in this case Fel-fire with Fel-fire, forcing demons to battle demons, and using the Burning Legion's own powers against them, being generally fueled by vengeance for the loss of Quel'thalas.

The last thing on their mind is joining the Legion. That's not to say that they are not evil. Lawful Evil, yes, but still, they will stop at nothing to achieve their goals: Destroying as many demons as possible.

I believe that faith in something helps greatly, but willpower alone is sufficient.
He personally just uses the light as a focus for his meditation, since his mother was a devout priestess and it's how he was raised. There's no actual use of the light going on, rather having it be the focal point for why he fights, and thus the easiest thing for him to relate to.
(07-04-2011, 02:58 PM)Beltharean Wrote: [ -> ]He personally just uses the light as a focus for his meditation, since his mother was a devout priestess and it's how he was raised. There's no actual use of the light going on, rather having it be the focal point for why he fights, and thus the easiest thing for him to relate to.

I see, thank you for expanding on that idea. Great concept, by the way.

You've all got excellent ideas! Thanks for the quick response.
*brofist*

Fer shur.