Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Darkero's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a correct person. I avoid conflicts with others - I play 3/4 of the time 'that' I can play, roleplaying games. I would gladly give more details, but, well, let's say that I take security measures. I also hail from three other private servers which I will not name, and retail, two years. I do not have a race favorism or faction favorism, even if I like my characters to be deeply faction-affilated, and even pick on the rival faction when it can.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from Greece. However I am part french, part spanish, and part greek. Yes, that's possible. I however speak fluently english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started my first roleplay in Age of Mythology. And then I moved on to Warcraft II and III which were not roleplaying games, but strategy games. And I fell on SOTDRP. Then I discovered World of Warcraft, and that's about it.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
My nephew had an account here, and since he quitted. I was quite curious. I finally was able to laid my hand on the computer without to be raged upon, and if I like this server. I will play it daily.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have no favorism over roleplays. However I do enjoy taverns, and inns, like my In Character -- Character.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
As stated. I do not have a favorism level for a race or class. But if I was to pick. I'd say Human Paladin or Priest. Since my first roleplay on retail was as a Squire to my Guildmaster, which was a Paladin, and in the future I became a well known Paladin in my guild. Priests are basicly the same, but without too much armor, and are more passive unlike the Paladins, which are, as we could say, the Defenders of Light.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect, enjoyable roleplays, a friendly guild that I will enjoy, and in the future, most likely to grow into someone known for his kindness and friendly talks Out of Character. And in modesty, a correct roleplayer too, if that is not too much to ask.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. I like people who respect each other. It's simple to explain to you, reader, or at least I hope, that without respect, Out of Character, there's no kindness, and without kindness, well. I dislike watching people say that they dislike me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I heard your story, now it is my turn. It was a cold night in the Plaguelands. The undeads were still wandering across the land with no true intention. A group of fanatics of Uther the Lightbringer had started a small campaign to clear the lands around the mighty hero's tomb. They had ridden to the town of Southshore, where they started to recruit a few other novices. I was one of these novices. I was reading a book in my room. I had collected apples all day for the grumpy old man, Carl Johnson, even if I had respect for him. I thought that my smiting skills could have ravaged undeads if I had joined a Holy Order after leaving the Cathedral of Light. But that was too much to expect. The book was entitled as the battle for Duskwood. It was telling of a family of warriors which had formed up a guild to combat and free Duskwood. I was at the fourth chapter, the man had fell in love with a beautiful archivist in Darkshire, and, well. You can buy the book if you want, it is in sell in the library of Stormwind. As soon as I had heard the paladins yelling out for able fighters to help for a fight in the Plaguelands. I had ran for my mace. You already know that I upgraded the mace to something more comfortable. It is sitting right next to my chair. I continue. I wore out my robe as fast possible, white gloves, white boots, and I ran downstairs. The Innkeeper Stanley simply laughed at me trying to run faster then a sprinter for a reward of ten gold coins. I quickly stood in front of the man which seemed to be the head of the group. A man in tall, silvery armor. A hood around his head, which revealed his face, beard, and the facial hairs. They were gray, gray of anguish I had to suppose. He was an old man. He took a look at me and said. " Profession, price, skills in combat. And name. " I shook my head, before stating. " Battle-priest, I took down more wolves and bears in Hillsbrad then you can have counted. I also took down two bandits, and one Forsaken, and my name is Landroy Baldlight. What says you, impressed? " He took a good look at me. Before holding a laugh. At my age. I could not know that my deeds were worse then an enraged farmer defending his house with a pitchfork. Or a woodsman protecting his hermitage against a horde of wolves by himself with an axe and a bow. Anyway. He simply stated. " In this case. I will recruit you for two silver coins. " I accepted, as proud as I was, two silver coins were one of the best job I ever had. He pointed his thumb at the cart behind him, before saying. " Take supplies, and mount the cart. " I took a look behind him, a party of at least four warriors, two paladins, and a mage were in there, all of them seemed extremely strong, with heavy armor and shiny weapons. I simply shrugged and mounted the cart. I won't tale what their comments were when I found myself sitting down on it, but all that I can tell you. I had been completely ridiculous to them. We were ready, and had ridden north into Alterac. We had been kept under guard by few rebels who fought the Syndicate and Ogres with their low armor. I admired these men for their bravery. They thought of us as total strangers. And didn't even let us take camp, so we had to ride all night, and rely to lead the cart. No attack as of yet. When we arrived in the Western Plaguelands. I opened my mouth in surprise. It was worst then I had expected, we could see ghouls and other creatures in the distance. We stopped at a camp which I don't remember the name. You must remember it, it is the on the side of the road Alterac-Western Plaguelands, anyway. We had taken a rest. And all that. At least I took a rest, the other fighters in the exception of the paladin seemed 'busy' with the men and women of the camp. Most of them entered a tent two-by-two, always of the opposite genders, and they seemed even more exhausted then before dusk when they came out at dawn. We left our cart here, and took steps into the graveyard. Our armor and weapons drawn. Two ghouls had assaulted us and we didn't had much troubles to defeat them, at the cost of one of our warrior to be clawed by one of them. I did not understand why, but two of the four warriors took a grip of the man which had been clawed. I thought that we were going to heal him, but the paladin simply shaked his head at the mage, said mage walked forth, as the warrior was crying in fear, even if I did not know why. When the mage channeled and launched the fireball into the man's head. It was done. He was dead. And I didn't understand why they did that. Now I know that it was because of the plague, and the man was going to turn into one of them soon enough. You might not know, but some ghouls can actually turn the fighter into a mindless zombie after some time. Of course, these ghouls were rare, but we had to fall on one, of course. With our luck. We had prayed for a few hours at the tomb, while one of us was overwatching, making sure everything was going fine with no undead on assault. After the praying. We stepped into Andorhal, and over the bridge. I will not describe the battle that took place, it is way too horrible, we had not passed the second abomination, only the paladin, the mage, and I were alive. The mage and paladin in charge, the old man, were skilled in fighting undeads, and they had survived due to teamwork. Me? I only survived by luck, staying behind the two of them, healing the rest of the team until all of them had fallen. The three of us quickly ran away from the plagued city to the camp. We disbanded the attempt, and returned home. I took a gryphon from here to Southshore. There, now leave me alone, dear friend. I must pray. It was pleasure talking with you.
Hello there Darkero, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Sitting on the fence; it's a delightful place to be.
( Just don't fall. )
Thank you for the story!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.