Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction to elfrosto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been playing a single RP-enforced MUD for the past 11 years now, missing barely months at a time. However, it has not come down to the point that only power gamers play and the RP is overshadowed by PK. I am not a power gamer, in fact, I'm not very good at video games. I keep playing, and trying new ones because I love the universe you go into. Whether it is the Warcraft universe, rich with color and history; or into the world of Fallout, so desolate and barren. That's me as a player, I play games I can live.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States, and my first language is English, but I can also speak some Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had a friend that used to let me play on his retail account, and I've played off and on since then.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I've been into RP-enforced games for many years, and it just seemed natural to find someone who had already combined WoW and RP. I just typed RP wow server into google.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My favorite type or RP is a group setting. My favorite times are when three or four characters, of different backgrounds get together to take down an instance, or a big monster. You can have some great RP when lives are at stake, and the fight brings out true natures.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Ever since the first time I played on a private server, I've played the same combo; Blood Elf Paladin. First, I love the blood elves. The whole story behind them is simple, but fantastic. It also leaves room for a wide variety of characters to be born. Second, paladins are my favorite WoW class, if not just mechanically. They can run every job in a raid, and switch in a heartbeat to save someone and that makes them extremely valuable in my eyes. As far as RP, paladins are always fun. The white knight mentality, or just another knight trying to get his own castle.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to have fun, be treated with respect(I will give it first), not to be harassed and if I have a question, I expect it to be answered in timely manner.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The plagiarism rule. I hate the idea of plagiarism, that someone would have the audacity to steal someone's work and use it for themselves is atrocious, and I'm very glad you don't stand for it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Unnngh. My eyes lolled open and closed. Where was I? Who was I? Why was in so much pain? I placed my hands firmly at my sides, it was sand, and pushed myself up to a sitting position. I wiped my eyes, something wet mixed with the sand making it hard to remove, but I managed to finally and looked up just in time.

A HUGE tauren rushed at me, covered in blood which I realized wasn't his. As his sword came crashing down my body rolled out of the way and I was on my feet. I took in the scene quickly; huge crowd, two men in a ring, must be that I'm a gladiator. Where are my weapons then? I looked around the sand pit and saw nothing.

The tauren charged again, using my distraction to his advantage and slamming into me. I reached up around him just as he hit me, and my hands grabbed something metal. He wrenched me free and I flew across the sand, taking the metal with. It seems I found my sword. I stared at it while I caught my breath. The black hilt fit my hand perfectly and the long blade was immaculate, and extremely sharp. I eyed the tauren carefully, seeing if I had deposited any other weapons, but I saw none.

I swung my sword rhythmically in a figure-eight pattern, moving slowly but deliberately around in a circle. I paced the tauren, he would step forward, I would step back. Finally, from the corner of my eye I saw it. With a quick roll, I was underneath a pillar and in the shadows was the shield. I reached for it. The instant I made contact the world went blank. I was flooded by memories and emotions. My memories. My emotions.

The shield fit my left arm perfectly, matching color and style with the sword in my right. I turned to the tauren, giving him my best grin. I ripped a leather thong off my breeches and used it to tie the long red hair I was so proud of into a safe ponytail.

I walked straight at him now. No more running for this blood elf. Magic surged around me, lifting the edges of my clothing as the wind would. My eyes probably flashed a myriad of color, and the tauren managed to turn a shade lighter. But it was too late, I was on him. I slashed him viciously across the arm, and the crowd roared with pleasure. His axe swung from the right, and I deflected it with my shield easily, the magic tingling in my arm. With my right foot I kicked him in his gut sending him to the ground, backing away.

I stood now, and looked at the crowd. They were screaming so loud, I couldn't hear my own thoughts. I looked over to the tauren and with a moment of pity I raised my sword and silenced the crowd.

"What do you think? Shall he live or die?" The crowd went wild until I calmed them again. "You are a bloodthirsty group, aren't you?" More cheers. I walked over to the tauren, still cowering on hands and knees, bleeding all over the ground.

"I fought well, have I not earned my life, and paid with my wounds?" The tauren said in a low voice. He spit blood on the sand and continued, "I am not your enemy."

I looked him in the eye and glared. I turned to the crowd, which had been screaming the whole time, and silenced them again. "So, you wish his death then?" I pulled my sword out, and placed it under the taurens chin, forcing him to kneel, and finally stand. He stared at me with such ferocity. But it was my sword to his throat, not the other way around. I turned back to the crowd. "Do you know my name? Do you?! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

"No, and we don't care, just kill him already!" yelled an ugly troll in the front row. I grinned a vicious smile at the troll and magic flashed around me, engulfing myself and the minotaur. The crowd exploded into cheers, but suddenly went silent again. The light vanished, and the tauren and I stood, fully healed.

Pointing my sword at the troll, I addressed the crowd, "I am Gethelen Darkstride, of the Blood elves. I am a sworn Paladin, and I will only take the head of an enemy. This man shall live, and he will fight again." I turned to the tauren, "You will fight again, won't you?"

The tauren managed to turn an even paler color than before, "Yes sir." He bent at a knee and bowed his head.

I looked up at the sky, the bright blue a nice contrast to the drab brown of the sand. The crowd disappeared around me, taking the noise along with it, but the sky remained. A rush of magic took me, and I was suddenly in a field, under a tree, staring at the same sky. I put my shield and sword down, and walked to my home in the heart of Eversong Woods, and whistled a battle tune.

The End

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I suck at WoW, but I'm great at RP and if I'm online, I will never say no to a good session. See you in game!
Hello there elfrosto, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thanks for the story!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.