Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Train of Thought
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Let me get this straight..." The gnome let out a long breath as he turned his head slightly to his side, staring rather contently at the woman sitting next to him. "You bribed my guards... dismantled my security system... broke my shoulder... and scared me half to death at knife point..." Cutting off the man's words with her own, leaning over for a moment to poke his nose with a gloved finger. "To give a birthday present, yes." Pollie spoke with the same quiet tone she'd been known most for, yet to mimic to man's smile as she leaned back into her seat beside him. Paxal was quick to snap his head towards her, staring at the woman with narrowed eyes. "Why a kiss? Hell, why not just ask to come over?" She stared into the empty air for a few seconds, in silence, before she tilted her head to the side and looked over at the man. Their eyes locked for a few moments before one finally decided to speak to the other. "You want to see me topless?" Expectedly so, the man froze up as his face became a bright red. He let out a cough as he slumped back into his chair and held his face against his palm. "Why would you ask that...? Both of them sat in silence for a number of minutes, the man just staring into his hand as Pollie just read from a book in her lap. Only the sounds of the pages turning over broke the silence from time to time. His hand came from his face as he leaned over and moved from his chair, taking a pair of careful steps as he sat in her chair. Her eyes remained locked onto her page as he pressed his shoulder against hers, he began to read from her book as well. She carefully pulled the current page over with a finger, never moving her eyes from the book as she spoke to him again. "Amusing."

Paxal stared at the page for a moment before perking a brow, shifting over slightly as he stared down at her. "...You just wan-" "Never answered my question." His words were cut off with merciless precision as she flipped another page over, his blush persisting as he slumped back against the chair and fell silent again. His eyes slowly drifted around the dark room as he tapped out a tune against the armrest of the chair, the lack of light finally becoming noticed by the man as he began to think to himself about it. "I say yes, you'll slap me... I say no, you'll slap me and say I'm lying..." A slight tilt from his head and his eyes were directed at Pollie, she continued to read in silence as he awaited a response. Deciding it best not to press the matter, more than necessary, he just sat where he was and watched her read. His thoughts started to trail off as he kept his eyes on her, a quick glance from the woman was enough to snap him back into focus. "You're just waiting for me to answer that..." He heaved a sigh as she gave him a slow nod, gently shutting her book as she set it aside on table next to her. He shook his head for a moment before finally giving her an answer. "No, I have no wi-" With a swift slap across the face, the man had his sentence halted and his head turned slightly."I knew it!" Pollie gently waved her hand into the air to shake off the sting from slapping him so hard, rolling her eyes as he shouted at her. "Trouble peeking through the door?"

Paxal could only sit there and stare at her as he put this to thought, finally working up the nerve to reply. "Alright... I was jus-" "Watching me undress?" He groaned to himself for a moment before they both fell silent again, remaining this way for some time. With a light shrug, she carefully pulled the book from the table and back into her lap, opening it up to her last page as she resumed her quiet reading. His eyes narrowed at her as she turned the page, her eyes continued to move from word to word, only their breathing gave break to the silence. Another page turned as she slipped a finger under it, bringing it over as she continued on through her book. Refusing to even blink, he continued to keep his eyes on her as she read. Another page was pulled on before she suddenly stopped, letting it fall back into place as she turned her head to face him. "So hard to admit?" Lowering his glare as the man turned his head forward, heaving a heavy breath before looking back to her. "Yes, alright. I was watching you undress." Flinching just as he said this, trying to prepare for swift retribution for this. All he received was a slight pat on his shoulder, his head shifting for a moment to watch her retract her hand to turn another page. He watched her for a few minutes before finally managing to speak again.

"...You're not mad?" Shaking her head for a moment, Pollie remained quiet for a moment longer. "I've decided to just take the compliment, and not hurt you." Their heads snapped to the doorway as a shadow was cast through it and onto the floor, a lit candle giving the figure away in the distance. "Uhh... Boss? Been a few hours, ya ain't mad, is ya?" With a roll of his eyes, the gnome spouted a quick set of words to the lumbering man in armor. "No, ya big lug. I ain't mad. Head outside, would ya? Got some company." The large guard doesn't utter a word to this command, simply saluting the gnome before he walks out the door and closes it behind him. A quick turn of their heads and their eyes are locked on each other once more. "You employ a female guard." "...Kerry? So?" Despite seeing no exterior changes in her expression, he could tell what she was getting at. "No... We haven't." "I didn't say anything." Rolling his eyes with a heaved breath, Paxal decided to roll the dice, so to speak. He quickly leaned over planted a kiss on the woman, catching her off-guard, and promptly fell back into his seat. Keeping his eyes on her with a clear look of concern, his thoughts were entirely of what was her reaction to be. His questions were answered as she promptly narrowed her eyes at him, abruptly smacking her book off the top of his head. "Alright... Deserved that."