Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: New Player Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, first of all, let me say hello to everyone on the forum. I am Máté Czinege (don't even try to pronounce it, you can't), from Hungary, and.. well, I'm currently in Germany, so I have a lot of time on my hands, and have decided to try out more serious roleplay (I did try it on Defias Brotherhood (EU), but there were simply too many always-OOC players there, and after a while it gets boring when you try to roleplay, but there is a paladin bench-skipping next to you). I'm currently in High School, and would like to study Medicine later. Also, I tend to ramble. Seriously, no need to read this wall of text if you are in a hurry, I won't mind. Just don't give me a "tl;dr" with a "Request denied."

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Hungary, and hungarian. From the eastern edge of Central Europe.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Actually, my brother introduced me to it back in the beta. Hard to imagine I was ever *that* young..

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Extensive googling helped me find this, and after reading it and your wiki, I have decided to give it a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Relaxing tavern is what I mostly did back on DB, and I actually didn't quite like the "texting RP-fight".. Although, that may have had something to do with the fact that I only did it 3 times, and every time there was a break because my opponents nose started to bleed. 3 different people.. talk about a jinx..

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hunter. Back in beta I was unsatisfied with the lack of ranged attacks the paladin had (though that changed quite a bit since then), and therefore when the actual game came out, I started a night elf hunter instead. I really loved my pet though, and eventually, this was the end of that character when Blizzard changed my pet's skin (oh come on, I was what, 12? 11? I don't even remember my shock when poor old Tyrael changed fur color&style overnight. I actually quit the game then, and created a blood elf hunter toward the end of Burning Crusade.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, as I said already, I'm looking for RP not ruined deliberately by OOC players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Racism ban. No, I'm not of a minority, but racism is so prevalent in our country that it actually makes me roll my eyes back into my head and cry so I can flood my brain and.. you get the picture, no need to get worked up etc. etc.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Oh no no, you can't want that! This would make me unleash my rambling skills..
Ah, but if you really want to.. I guess I could tell a short (and reworked - things weren't this dramatic) story about the beta.. can't remember any names though. Hm.

As the young paladin walked into the Cathedral of Light, he looked up, amazed by the building's massive interior, the white marble columns and the artisan made stained glass windows. Suddenly, he was startled by a loud, strong voice. "Greetings, paladin! Welcome to the Cathedral of Light! I am Brother Sarno. Can I help you?" Still a bit startled, the paladin answered "Good morning, brother. Actually.. yes. I was wondering if you knew anyone in need of a servant of the Light like myself." The brother stared at him, but looked as if he wasn't even watching him, but gazing straight into his soul. Then suddenly, he smiled and said "Why yes. I take it you are familiar with our allies, the night elves? They are in need of our assistance. The savage orcs started pushing into Ashenvale, and although they are confident they can stop them, they are worried about the tauren sending their allies reinforcements. Therefore, Bolvar Fordragon, blessed be his name, has decided to form a group of adventurers not under the direct employment of the Alliance on a raid against the Crossroads, a major hub in the Barrens south of Ashenvale. If you would like to join and help our allies, please talk to General Marcus Jonathan at the bridge leading into the city. He is instructing the volunteers where and when to meet." - The young paladin nodded, thanked the monk and was about to leave for the bridge when a question rose up in his mind. "But.. why not send a regiment of the Stormwind Army to do this? Why trust something this important to strangers?" The broher smiled cynically, as if he had heard this question a million times already. "Because, my friend, sending the army of the Alliance would be a declaration of open war, and would make thing for Ms. Proudmoore and her men at the Theramore Isle quite difficult. You on the other hand.." The brother left the sentence unfinished and just smiled at the paladin. "I see. Thank you for your time, Brother Sarno. I will be on my way now.. Have a nice day." - " You too, young boy. May the Light bless you."

Guess this will have to do.. It's half past 2 AM here, and if I were to finish the story up until the point when the SPOILER ALERT tauren reinforcements get ambushed at the Crossroads, it could very well be 2 PM. End of SPOILERs. Maybe I'll finish it some other time.
Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Please don't ask if I'm hungry. I know it's an obvious pun from my country's name, but A) I *did* have an eating disorder and it's nice to remind people of that and B) After the first 50 times it just gets boring.

And.. I guess that's it. Fingers crossed.
Hello there Sevil, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

I have never even heard of anyone making that joke, but I will be sure not to play on such a ridiculous pun!
(Apart from being sensitive, it's a plain affront to humour!)
Glad to have you, Máté!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
Whoo, Hungary is cool. Budaphest is a lovely city. That's all I saw of the country, but it was great.