Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Server down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to connect to the server for a while now, and Wow.exe keeps telling me that the server's down. I know that's not the case - the Account Management page shows a varying number of people online each time I refresh it.

EDIT: It varies between telling me the server's down, and that there was trouble connecting.

I haven't changed anything since coming to Coth. Any explanation/similar stories?
I think I had a similar problem a while back. If your realmlist is
set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com, try changing it to
set realmlist coth.game-host.org. That's really the only help I can give, sorry!
Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't seem to have worked though.

Edit: I've tried removing all my addons, and running Repair (and fixing the realmlist afterward). Neither of those have helped.
It could be a problem with your Internet connection try opening the Command Prompt and pinging logon.conquestofthehorde.com. If you don't know how to do it, look below:

1. Start Menu -> Accessories -> Run (if you're using Windows Vista/7. For older versions, I believe it was in the main part of the Start Menu)
2. Then type in "cmd" (without the quotes) and hit Enter.
3. When the Command Prompt opens, type in "ping logon.conquestofthehorde.com" and hit Enter.
4. Wait and see the results. If it says "Connection timed out", it is a problem with your Internet connection. If it gives you some values and stuff, then... it could be the WoW client or something, I don't know.

EDIT: Actually, for some reason, I can't ping the said address, despite the fact that I connect to the server. Try it anyway, but... there is something, which I am missing, most likely. I just can't figure out what. LOL
Pinging will not work, I'm afraid.

(Posted from teh phonez)
The problem seems to have resolved on its own. It lasted an evening, then functioned the next afternoon I tried to play. /shrug.

Thanks for all the replies.
Yep, I've been having the same problem again.

If anyone has further insight about what causes this, please share. It will probably resolve itself on its own, but I don't know how long it'll take. Could be minutes, could be months.
It seems to be a local problem! You should reset your router and modem.