Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I humbly request...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Honoured GMs, it has come to my attention that my friend and current RPing partner, Bolshe, has just received a 3-day suspension for reasons that are yet to be made completely clear. The accusation is that he acted in a racist manner out-of-character and that his character, Elaszun, is unoriginal and lore-breaking.

I respectfully question these accusations. I confess that Elaszun and my blood-elf character, Wilhelmina, have struck up a good friendship. While on the whole, Blood-Elf and Night-Elf societies are violently opposed to one another, would it be completely unreasonable to expect a few select individuals to engage in friendship? Especially if one considers the route that was taken to enter into the friendship. They started out as bitter enemies, throwing vitriolic insults at each other across the Drudaen Tavern; from this, they gained an appreciation of each others' sharp wit and acid tongue. This appreciation ripened into friendship as they found they shared a similar world view. Now, again, if this is lore-breaking, then logically my account should be suspended for the three days as well, because my blood elf character was engaged in the friendship as firmly as his night elf.

As for being unoriginal - if the stereotype for a night elf is a docile, vegetarian xenophobe, how is playing a flesh-craving, disturbingly crazy xenophobe unoriginal? Elaszun stays within the lore by being a xenophobe - she hates other races. She even dislikes her own race. She likes individual members of the elven races, but on the whole, she is of the opinion that the world would be a better place without people. It may be that this type of RP is frequently seen on Live, but as this is not Live, and there is only one Elaszun (so far; there haven't been any clones made, and if there are, it's hardly Bolshe's fault that people desire to make copycat characters) I hardly see a problem.

As to the accusation of racism OOC, I concur that the "Worgen joke" was out of line and provocative. However, according to Bolshe's account of the event, he was not asked to cease, nobody expressed offense, and he had never before received a warning for this behaviour before. While I accept the ruling regarding the use of tolerant language in OOC channels, I do question the arbitrary nature of suspending a first-time offender for three days on account of making one provocative comment.

I do not raise these questions to defy the GMs, in accordance with Rule 1. If the GMs decide to maintain their stance on this, I will respect their decision. This is also not a cry of "Oh no, I don't have someone to RP with!!" - I can find other people to RP with if it is necessary. This is simply me as a friend respectfully requesting that you reconsider the disciplinary action taken against my friend, on account of my view of the action being unnecessarily harsh.

Respectful thanks.
I second Lucheiah's thoughts. And also respectfully ask for this issue to be reconsidered.
I've seen him express racism (nationalism?) before in chat, usually unprovoked, in dealing with the United States at random, for example. That coupled with the Worgen joke (which I can only imagine how that one is racist, being as I wasn't there) probably broke some camel's backs.

It's only 3 days and not a permanent ban. I'm sure whatever it is, it's between him and the GMs, and they deemed this necessary.
Please, everyone this thread is completely unnecessary. In the future Lucheiah, when having a request directed at the GMs please send it through a PM to one of the three Higher Ups. A thread like this will only serve to generate OOC drama, which as everyone knows, is a huge no no.

NOW PLEASE IF EVERYONE WILL JUST DROP THIS MATTER AND LET THE GM'S DISCUSS THIS, IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Topic locked. Please read the policies and rules, especially on rumormongering. Going on the word of a suspenced player (or, in fact, any information that is not official) is probably a poor choice.
Besides Qaza's note above, I'll point out that if you have a problem with a GM ruling or a GM him/herself, you may speak to me directly. If the problem is *about* myself, then you may speak to Kretol.

Public threads about suspensions/bans just lead to drama, and we really don't need any more of that than we already have.