Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cartres Portiave - An introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Currently a music major at the Juilliard School of Music, I have been role-playing on World of Warcraft Retail (Moon Guard Server) for four years, and another two years previously on assorted Star Trek games. Roleplay > Gameplay to me, and I am always open to any sorts of stuff you throw my way (So long as I consent to it first. >.>)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am American! Primary language is English, secondary is Italian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing World of Warcraft about two months before Burning Crusade came out; I was introduced to it by my cousin.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
There wasn't anything particular that made me pick you guys, except for the fact that you were the first server to pop up on my google search.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
After my years of roleplay, I have to say, I don't exactly have a preference. I could be the chief engineering officer of a starship or an Earthen Ring Shaman (I wonder which one is more likely >.>) and be just as happy! Since my character, both here and on retail, is a Paladin of the Silver Hand, that is obviously my preferred Roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I prefer Quel'Dorei (No, not Blood Elves - High Elves) and Humans, but I believe that is because I prefer the culture and realism...if there is such a thing in Warcraft.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A private server dedicated to Roleplay with strict policies and rules? I expect only the best.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity, mostly, simply because it is the single hardest thing to find in abundance on the retail realms. I expect a major change in this case.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Cartres Portiave was born in Lordaeron's largest City of Stratholme, in the arms of his father, a member of the Church of Northshire. His mother, an Arch-Magi of Silvermoon city named Aynviallen, had fallen in love with Gregarion (his father) only a month and a half before she had become pregnant. This rushed relationship didn't seem to hinder them, until there was the issue of knowing where to raise Cartres. Cartres' Father had to return to Northshire, and his mother was to remain in Lordaeron. Gregarion decided to leave Cartres with Aynviallen, promising to return within five years. When the Orcish invasion of Stormwind occured, however, Gregarion returned to Lordaeron to protect his family. Cartres by this time was three. His father began instructing him in the ways of the light. After the first war, Uther, Faol and Turalyon began to start what would be known as the Order of the Silver Hand, in Cartres' home city of Stratholme. Gregarion would find his way into the ranks, and Cartres would soon find himself apprentice to the most powerful Paladins in history.

For the next sixteen years, through the second war, Cartres trained by the side of the Silver Hand Paladins, serving with Turalyon in the battle of the Dark Portal and training under Uther the Lightbringer's guidance along with dozens of other students. Three weeks before the Third War, Cartres was Knighted by Uther, and went to serve with him in defending Lordaeron from the sudden growth of issues spreading throughout the Kingdom. It would be the fateful day when he returned to Stratholme with the Military of Lordaeron, seeing the smoke beginning to rise from the city and Arthas standing at the gates did he realize the magnitude of what was happening. Faithful to Uther, he rode away from his beloved home as the sounds of fighting raged through the city, his friends and fellow citizens being murdered.

Away from the burning destruction, Uther ordered his Knights to leave, but some stayed with Uther. Even though Cartres was not part of those who stayed, his dedication to the Lightbringer was very much the reason why I didn't stay. His orders were his orders. He fled south, finding Refuge in Stormwind City.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope! Thank you for this opportunity.
Hello there Cartres, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

As you may have already discovered, we're not allowed to play High Elves here.
I'm not sure why a faction and eye colour difference makes people prefer Quel'dorei over Sin'dorei, but it just seems more -right-, does it not?

Anyway, thank you for the story, and welcome!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.