Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction of an RP rookie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well I think the title says it all. I'm a rookie for roleplaying, but not for roleplaying games. I've played WoW for about 4 years, mostly in retail. On top of that I've played countless other mmorpgs. I say countless as I stopped counting around my 40th :D
I'm not really into pvp. Mostly because I always end up being the punching bag, but also because I like more peace and quiet. Meeting new people and reading interesting stories about the world and and other characters are the best things games have to offer.
I guess I could say I'm a mature player. I've been in several guilds where I've been promoted to officer even if I did not want to.
I'm always on the lookout for a new sights and experiences. You never know what you're gonna find, which I think is great.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Finland and my primary language is Finnish. English is my third language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My boyfriend introduced the game to me. He got my little brother to join, so I wanted in too. They were spending so much time in the game so I didn't want to be left out. If you can't win them, join them :D

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
For a year or so I've played in private blizzlike pve-server. I've liked it there, but sometimes I feel I'm missing something. I did try out an RP-server on retail and I really liked the slower pace of questing there and the unexpected events that might happen while playing. Remembering that I decided to try and see if there are any private roleplaying servers out there. I know I shouldn't say this, but I really did find your server through googling. I'm sorry.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like small scale roleplaying. I haven't roleplayed that much, so I feel I should leave the heavy roleplaying to someone else until I learn more and gain more confidence.
By small scale I mean random encounters in lesser populated areas. It's easier to keep track of the events and there are fewer interrupts than when roleplaying in a city.
Massive roleplying events make me nervous.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race would be gnomes. I'm tiny myself and I know how it feels when someone is patronizing and looking you down. For a class I'd choose shaman or a mage. The ability to conjure destructive bolts out of thin air is awesome.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope I can spend some good time playing, making new acquaintances and relaxing. And ofcourse learning some more about roleplaying.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
That would be maturity. I've had my share of unneeded drama and petty squables that can ruin the mood for gaming for everyone. I wish playing with more mature players means more polite and reasonable characters in game.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
She shaked her head. What had happened? She was standing on two feet, in the middle of ruins of a temple of somekind. Her mind was unable to focus, filled with hazy and dark images of someone chanting. Who? She herself? Didn't matter.
She smelled smoke. Something was burning. She heard screams of agony somewhere far away. The noises were muffled, like she'd had something in her ear.
She shaked her head. It was then she caught the scent. Master! She had forgotten her master! She was such a bad girl. Master would scold her for sure, like then when she had taken one of Master's flippers and chewed on it.
Half scared and half worried she hurrily began to follow the scent. She had to find her Master!
Master was not moving. His scorched corpse laid on the temple stairs. She was appalled. Who could have done this to her Master?
She tried to let out a howl of grief, but it didn't turn out right. Her throat was different. Her whole body was different. She was blue.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Is the pvp mandatory on this server?

I'm looking forward to see you in the game :)
Hello there Eppulainen, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

PvP is entirely optional and almost never done, IC.
Thank you for the story.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.