Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My humble introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello, my name is Jabbar and I live in the U.K, Manchester. As a player, I love RPG games. I can never get enough of this specific genre. If a game has bad ratings but is an RPG nonetheless, I still got to play it. The freedom to roam around in an open fantasy World, helping people by doing Quests and gaining fame, money, respect and making friends along the way, is exactly the kind of World every RPG fan dreams about.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born and bred in England my primary language is English. My parents are originally from Bangladesh so my Mother tongue is Bengali.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of a friend of mine had introduced me to World of Warcraft many years ago. But it was impossible for me to play the game at the time due to the fact that I was residing in a boarding school which had strict rules on students playing video games. A few years later, I got a hold of Warcraft III with an expansion and it blew me away! Next thing you know, I had finally got the chance to play the retail version of World of Warcraft on my sisters laptop which was probably the best gaming experience ever! Unfortunately, I just couldn't afford the monthly payments needed to continue this great adventure and so, here I am!

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I've played on a few well known private servers for a short while, but quickly discovered the sheer amount of bad mouthing and utter ignorance towards people’s feelings. It was like an "anti-rules" comment box most of the time. Reading the rules page in the wiki was like an RP's haven. Actually, I think I'll bookmark that page thank you!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Me and my trusted pet, exploring the World and learning new skills as well as having a maximum amount of Quests in my Quest log. Until it's time to give it up and join a guild and do bigger Quests with bigger groups, fully immersed with a sound knowledge of the World of Warcraft universe.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like all races and classes but if I had to choose then I would surely go for Undead/Warlock. As creepy as they can be, I just simply can’t get enough of a scary jawless Undead with his tongue dangling out of the throat, chasing the enemy with a huge stave he had acquired from a previous quest, drooling whilst fantasising about the taste of the flesh of his next victim!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would love to see (for a change), an organized and well informed community. People who will play by the rules mentioned and have as much fun as they can. (Selfish people not included!)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The paragraph on humility had me thinking about players I had previously met on other servers. I could never understand such people. I like the whole concept of the rules of RP and to be familiar with the history of Azeroth, which I myself am also working on.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I’m not good at telling stories but I’ll give it a shot)

“NOoooo”! Cried the blood-stained Necromancer as the searing light shined through a gap in his lair, hitting his face like a powerful holy spell. “Be gone you…” he said as he suddenly stopped. He had realised that he had been all alone for nearly two days. The immense fear of there being a Priest out there hunting him down was just too much for him to bear. Fear… fear had made the Necromancer delusional.
Finally, daylight turns to nightfall; the door to his lair opens up and the Necromancer decides to go outside. He looks up into the moonlit sky, breathing a sigh of relief whilst brushing away the cobwebs from his shoulders. But the temporary peace was interrupted as he jumps in fright when he hears a single twig snap under a heavy boot. But before he could turn around, a big heavy wooden mace with iron spikes comes slogging into the right side of his face, instantly smashing his jaw with tremendous force. As his body was falling into a ditch by the severe impact of the fatal blow, he thought to himself, “I don’t feel any pain?” The shock had numbed the entire pain away.
Then the rest of his short and pathetic life flashes before his eyes, he then loses consciousness… and then ultimately… his life!
After a while, the necromancer wakes up gasping for breath. He finds himself inside a dusty cascade with a strong and strange hunger for meat… or should I say flesh! A deep voice lingering in the shadows welcomes him, “Ah… finally, you are awake! I was beginning to think you weren’t going to wake up” Just then the Necromancer had come to what’s left of his senses and understood his current situation, as to why he was still alive and not dead. He is now an Undead… a Forsaken!

“The End”… or should I say “The Beginning”!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would be really happy if I would be accepted and I hope I get a chance to contribute my dedication to this server. Thank you.
Hello there Shafteds, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Bookmarking the 'rules' page? Even I haven't gone that far!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.