Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: All over an arm [Resurrection]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has been one week since Matthew was transferred to the Cathedral of Light so his body could be taken care of. For one week he has been stuck in this bed with the priests taking care of him, spells constantly being poured into his shield hand and head. One of his doctors/priests, an overweight draenei who had his entire body covered in cloth and eyes protected by goggles, was watching him now.

The report has two different stories, but a Felsworn is the main character in both. Matthew either chased after a Felsworn, or a human working for the Felsworn, and paid the price with his death. The price of his resurrection was being removed from the fight, and for quite a long time. “The soldier won’t like that.” The draenei noted, picking up old bandages and dirty equipment was shaking and muttering “filthy, filthy, filthy” over, and over again.

The human soon stirred, his eyes slowly opening and becoming accustomed to the light of the Cathedral. He was obviously in a daze, and couldn’t tell where he was. The draenei put the bandages and equipment to the side to check on his patient.

“Welcome back to the world of the living, Mr. Hunter.” The draenei bowed his head in respect to the soldier. Matthew’s chest would rise and fall slowly, and the soldier would try to raise his left arm in the air to cover the light that blinded him. It was a bad move, and a sharp pain ran the length of his arm to tell Matthew exactly that.

As the soldier cried in pain, moving his right arm to grab the left only to cause himself more pain, the draenei searched the many messy tables for something. It was a simple bottle with a red liquid inside; a healing potion. The draenei forced Matthew’s arms down, lifted the soldier’s head, and forced the contents of the bottle down his throat.

“The effect isn’t sudden, but it will help in a moment.” The draenei threw the bottle to the ground, further dirtying the area around Matthew. “You won’t be able to do that for awhile. You won’t be able to do anything with your limbs for awhile, in fact.” Matthew was staring right at the draenei, although groggily. It was creepy. “I will be your caretaker for a time until you can walk in a full suit of armor once again. We will be good friends for months. I look forward to getting to know you further.”

The draenei left the room temporarily, coming back in only a few seconds with something folded under his arm. He waved his free hand at Matthew, who nodded to show that he was alive, and then opened the item for him to see. A wheelchair.

“I had this made for you, and you’re going to use this no matter what you say. You will not be kept in the Cathedral all day, and you will not lie in bed all day.”

“I…” Matthew opened his mouth to speak, but only managed that one word before finally realizing what his noble steed shall be for a time. “…am not using that.” He rolled his head, staring back at the ceiling. It was a nice ceiling.

“You have no choice, Mr. Hunter.” The draenei hoisted Matthew up and dropped him in the chair, ignoring the weak protests that came from the soldier. “I will check up on you in an hour, so you should… wheel around your room, I guess.”

The draenei left, and all Matthew could think of is an insult to call him when he returned.

----------------------------------------------
Temporary effects:
1) Matthew will have trouble with his limbs for a time, so he’ll be wheel-chair bound for a bit. He’ll eventually be able to move up to a cane, and then walking on his own.
2) Matthew will need physical therapy for months to get back to a somewhat normal level.
3) He will have difficulty breathing.
4) As the shield hand was cut off, he’ll have the most trouble with that.
5) Even after moving to a cane, Matthew will have trouble with his arms and neck.
6) It won’t be noticeable much on his wheelchair, but Matthew will collapse often (and it will be noticeable on his cane)

Permanent effects:
1) Constant migraines from now on.
2) Neck pain
3) Upper arm pain
4) He will have an addiction to healing potion (they work like pain-killers for him)