Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Krunkz's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have been playing World of Warcraft for 3 years. Started playing on private servers because I did not have the money to buy the game cards, and I really wanted to give the game a try. One year later, when Wrath of the Lich King came out, my cousin and I decided to raise money to play on retail and we finally got started there. We leveled up to 80 and raided together. He had to quit the game because of his studies, still, I had a nice guild and enjoyed the game for one more year until Cataclysm came out, which kinda ruined my fun. Most of my in-game friends had quit the game as well and my guild invited undesired members, so my social side was basically shattered there. I tried some Roleplaying servers, but it wasn't really interesting to Roleplay with Malfurion's secret child, Alexstrasza's lover and the half-draenei invincible lord of death that was also a vampire. Yeah.

Well, I quit WoW when Cataclysm came out and I decided to start playing again, back on private servers, and wanted to give Roleplaying one more try since I have always been interested in the game's lore. :)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from Portugal so my primary language is portuguese. I apologize if my grammar isn't the best, I'm gonna try to be as clear as possible.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A few friends played the game and constantly insisted that I joined them. They showed me in-game trailers and wanted me to watch them play, but what really got me hooked was the Illidan vs Arthas cinematic. I liked Illidan's character so much that he's been my favourite ever since. :P

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

One of the friends I mentioned before used to play here (unfortunately I don't remember what was his name), and he suggested this server since he enjoyed the Roleplay during his stay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy anything, really, as long as no godmoding is involved. I usually avoid being "the guy" if you know what I mean. I like to keep it simple and entertaining.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I love the Blood Elves. Mostly because of the lore behind them since the War of the Ancients. And elves look good. :P

What are your expectations of this server?:

I hope to find a good, mature community and lots of Roleplaying.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

No godmoding. Really. It makes roleplaying so much fair and smooth.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

There they stood, two brothers, fighting a battle that would end the great war. Much blood, sweat and tears had been shed at the summit of Turun's mighty citadel, but they wouldn't stop. They couldn't stop. Ghor knew if he let Turun live, he would send his diabolical army to kill hundreds of thousands around the world. He couldn't let his brother cause such catastrophic loss of life. Life that could (should!) be spared. Men, women and children had already suffered and died at the hands of Turun's elite, Ghor knew he had to put an end to his brother's campaign. Only he could. But the tide turned against him and Turun managed to strike a deadly blow to his chest. Ghor fell on his knees, containing the pain.

"So!" - said Turun - "Our would-be hero is now face to face with death itself. Do you not understand brother? I'm doing this for the greater good! The world must be purged! Too many have already become infected! And they are reproducing! We must stop it before it's too late!"

"What have they done to you Turun? You're not the same man I met when I opened my eyes for the very first time!"

"I've simply expanded my mind. I have been shown the reality... and I have embraced it."

"Madness!" - Ghor insisted - "What is this reality you have seen, brother? That those who were born different from you are somehow demonic and corrupted?! They are people! You are not superior to them in any way, Turun! Your men have ravaged villages, countries even! And for what? You've become a monster!"

"Monster or not I will see this world pure once again, and if I have to kill you first..." - Turun raised his blade - "Then I will!"

Ghor coughed blood and stood on his feet once again with his weapon in hand. - "Fine."

"Hah!" - said Turun, laughing - "Are you really going to fight with your chest sliced open, choking on your own blood, Ghor? I thought you would be more clever than that."

Ghor smiled - "Eh, I don't have much of a choice. I will gladly die to at least delay you a few more seconds so those people can run and hopefully escape."

"You haven't changed. Bring it, brother. Let's end this war."

Ghor valiantly fought to gain the upper hand against Turun, who was going easy on him.

"C'mon. I know you can do better than that." - said Ghor.

"You see, I never thought I would have to do this. The blood that's running out of your chest is also my own. It pains me greatly to see you suffer like this."

"See the bright side of this situation, Turun: it would hurt much more if it was YOU."

Turun chuckled - "Perhaps."

"Now, brother" - said Ghor - "You know I never liked to pick the easy way. If this is to be my last battle, then make it my greatest."

Turun nodded, and, after exchanging a few blows, Turun disarmed Ghor and stabbed his blade in Ghor's heart, who fell on his back, screaming in agony for a few moments.

"It did not have to be this way, Ghor..." - said Turun, containing his feelings - "You have chosen this fate."

"What did I tell you when I was younger, Turun?" - Ghor coughed more blood - "That when I died, it would be in battle, at your side. Do not call me a liar."

Turun smiled - "A warrior's death, indeed. You were a hero to these people. What is your last wish, brother?"

"Ah, about that." - said Ghor while blood ran out of his mouth - "Bury me next to her."

"That's the first thing I'm going to do. Rest in peace Ghor."

"Peace? Hah, I'll see you in hell Turun. Then I will gladly join you when you decide to purge the demons." - said Ghor, smiling, choking on his blood - "My time... has come, brother... do not... forget what I... said!"

Turun smiled as his brother slowly closed his eyes, his life fading from him. He went downstairs, and was quickly approached by two of his guards.

"Sir? Is it finished, then? Shall we begin?" - asked one

"Go upstairs, clean the body and wrap it in a piece of cloth. CAREFULLY. Once you're finished I will check if you did exactly as I said, and then you may begin."

The guards did exactly as they were told - Ghor's body was now ready to be buried next to his wife. Turun gave the order for his soldiers to begin the final attack that would exterminate the "corrupt". The end had begun. Meanwhile, Turun himself carried the body to the location Ghor's wife had been buried. He placed Ghor's body right next to hers and covered their bodies, leaving a lit candle by their graves.

"I'll see you in hell indeed, brother."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nothing at the moment.
Hello there Krunkz, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thanks for the story!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.