Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Taco's (re) Introduction - What did we ever do to deserve this?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am probably the worst Asian ever: I don't like math, I hate science, I didn't do very well in either of those subjects in college, and I can pronounce L's. I can also be incredibly lazy about certain things while working my ass off on completely unrelated, but seemingly unimportant things.

On a more this-server-relevant note, I've actually played here many years ago before the forum change (as far as I know). I'd like to think I've matured more as a person since my last time here, at least.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States of AMERICA. That means I speak AMERICAN. None of that hoity toity ENGLISH that they speak in England. (Although my parents come from China and I fail at speaking even Cantonese pretty badly.)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Played Warcraft 2 a bit when I was a kid. Sucked at it. Played Warcraft 3 some more when I was a teenager. Sucked at it. Somehow, that got me hooked on reading the Warcraft novels for a while and eventually led me to trying out WoW RP servers for a while (this one included!). The lore's always been rather interesting to me even though I was never any good at the RTS games and the MMO never really hooked me.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
As far as I can remember, this is actually the first and only WoW RP server I've ever played on. The first time I was here was over three or four years ago, then now after playing Rift reminded me that World of Warcraft actually had punching as a viable combat style. I vaguely recall other servers' existence, but I'm too lazy to go looking for them just yet.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm fairly open when it comes to roleplaying. Fantasy, modern, high tech, low tech, crack, forum, MUSH. I've even roleplayed on Champions Online and a few Ragnarok Online servers (still do, even!).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I can't really decide on a favorite race in terms of roleplaying scenarios since I usually play humans When it comes to a new setting and only branch out into other races after I've gotten used to
ahow a given world works. That said, two of my three favorite/most developed characters to play have both been human. Class-wise, it's slightly easier since I tend to play support and/or tank classes in team scenarios.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I like roleplaying. This is a roleplaying server. SCIENCE! Saying (writing?) anything else would just be extra words that add nothing to the answer except roughly twenty extra words.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The maturity section. Just because someone likes fart jokes and watching people hurt themselves for viewers' enjoyment doesn't mean that same person can think things through properly when needed. I appreciate the specific reference to the latter rather than the former.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"...ess! Princess!"
The princess looked up from her dinner to stare at the old dwarf hurrying to address her. He seemed to be in a bit of a rush to speak with her, pausing to straighten his suit and adjust his tie.
"Princess! Those... Princes are back again." The dwarf wrinkled his nose slightly as he spoke of them. "They wish to negotiate your-"
The princess cut him off with a tired groan and rose from her seat, her attention shifting to the double doors behind her. "Show him in. Let's get this over with..." She did not seem pleased at having her meal interrupted, but it wasn't like she was enjoying it very much to begin with.

The doors opened and three young men of varying builds came through the door, each dressed in clothes fit for royalty. Working together, the three men lavished the princess with praise for an eternity. At least, it felt like an eternity to the princess. In reality, it had only five minutes. That was enough to draw the princess' ire, however, since she knew it was all a ploy to get into her good graces with not a hint of truth to it. With a literal flick of her wrist, the princes were knocked off their feet into a moat filled with gnoll-headed fish. The princess laughed at the spectacle as the princes looked thoroughly discomforted by the sight of the creatures while the dwarf's face started to distort itself into something older. Angrier. Less beardful.

"...pid girl! Wake up!"

The "princess" snapped out of her daze and jerked her head up to stare at the water buckets in front of her, then the dwarf a short distance away from her. "I'm up, I'm up... You shouldn't be outside, grandpa." As she spoke, she picked up the buckets and started walking, the "dwarf" limping beside her while mouthing a multitude of colorful obscenities in her general direction. The "princess" knew they were aimed at here, but she could not help but grin as she countered with her own insults alongside the "dwarf".

At least she didn't have to pretend so much here.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm a male, but I kinda suck at roleplaying them. Don't know if it's a comfort zone thing or a subconcious thing or whathaveyou, but I just have a mental block whenever I try to roleplay a male character.

I'll probably end up rolling a human character just to get my bearings again here, then figure out where to go from there. Has WoW ever been updated to the point where you can get good stats on gear without looking like a drunken clown barbarian?

Also, is there any sort of IRC channel or some other way to chat with people while I'm not actually logged into the game server?

I ned to experiment with writing dream sequences more often. This one felt weird.
Hello there Taco, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

No one minds if you play female characters. That happens quite a bit. The overwhelming majority of my cast of characters are female, though the reasoning for that is because I'm not inclined to the male models.

I suppose it doesn't lend much to my favour that I'd only play a male character who bore an effeminate appearance.

We don't have an IRC. There's the shoutbox, or ventrilo, but most people simply... roleplay!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.