Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Britt's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a fairly avid gamer, role-playing specifically. I enjoy games like Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout: New Vegas, and World of Warcraft, obviously. I'd have to say my favorite gaming experience would be what little I've had with pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons. The creativity and role-playing opportunities are epic.
As far as my personal life goes, I'm a big movie and literature buff. I love nature and being outdoors (but not in a sports-y way...) I write a lot (primarily poetry), I sing, act, and cook. I also play the cello, guitar, and piano.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from the United States of America. English being my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A couple of my friends tried to get me into it for a while; I never had a consistent enough source of money to play legitimately so we tried out a few private servers. Ultimately, I was disappointed in the lack of character development, which lead me here.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I googled "role-playing private server" and I had the serendipity to stumble across what looks to be an excellent community! Mainly I feel that WoW has become more about grinding and treasure hunting than about an immersive experience.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm an actor by craft (Musical Theatre major in college), so I enjoy role-playing in many situations. I'd have to say that fantasy roleplay has the most draw for me because I've always been a huge fan of Tolkien (and the like) and I feel that roleplay is a great way to become directly involved in a fantasy world.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
It depends on my character. I usually roll a mage because my characters tend to be intellectually minded. I'm considering other classes at the moment, though, because the traditional mage doesn't have the naturalism I'm currently looking for. As far as races go, I'm usually either human or blood-elf, though I enjoy the challenge that role-playing the less anthropic races could pose.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a challenging and enjoyable role-play experience. I expect to develop friends and alliances (as well as enemies). Most of all I expect to be able to give my characters a realistic universe to inhabit, and I expect to have a lot of fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think that the rules on respect appeal to me the most. No one can have fun if they feel hurt or offended - we should all try to respect one another as much as possible in order to maximize enjoyment.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A Journey into Necromancy by Britt Mathis

In the end, nothing has changed. In the end, none of it mattered. Here I still sit - the warm ale cloying at the back of my throat, the incessant whirring of flies ringing in my ears. Weary, I have lost my ability to care; not that I really had one before. It doesn't matter that merely a fortnight has passed since I saved this village from the wolves. They have collectively forgotten me. I'm only a tool to them, it's always the same. The reward for greatness was never fame. The reward for greatness is to become itemized; to become a commodity. No one wants to share a pint with the freak in times of peace.

This is the life I have chosen. Though at times it is difficult, I must persevere. The reward for greatness is that I have become my enemy. Just as the wolf who strays from the pack becomes the most dangerous, so have I strayed. In straying I have become more than a man, and yet I have lost that which was most dear to me. The soft touch of a woman has long eluded me. The simple joy of drunken conversation. I have discovered much, however. The least of these: greatness comes with no reward. Greatness comes with a price. Those willing to pay it walk a lonely path; but the truth is, someone must walk this path. The true hero is never deserved but ever needed. I must seek to protect those who cannot protect themselves. I must learn to pursue power at the cost of my own happiness. I must become my greatest enemy. I must become death.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Only that I eagerly look forward to great experiences with you all!
Gîl síla na lû govaded!
Hello there Britt557, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thank you for the story!

(From the USA? Bah, misnomers.)

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.