Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: More skill than a donut. Vierdiel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, before I got into WoW, I mostly played AoE2 versus AI, and watched my brother play N64. I got into Warcraft from my brother, initially playing a Night Elf hunter on a computer that would crash if you entered Stormwind. This was around the end of vanilla WoW. With the advent of Burning Crusade, we finally upgraded to a machine that could run WoW, and I made what would become my "main" character for the next 2-3 years, a Draenei Paladin. At the time I played on a PvE server called Llane, and mostly just enjoyed my time being a complete scrub and leveling at a snails pace. I eventually hit 70, started to suck less, and raided Karazahn, Gruuls, and Magtheridon to my hearts content (a Draenei with Hammer of the Naaru is the coolest thing ever, trust me).

Wrath is announced. I level up my Draenei to 80, do heroics, general gearing up thing. I decide, on a whim, to make a character on Moon Guard, an RP server, and see what these "weridos" do. I had, up until this point, never had any RP experience. I fell in love with the server, and shortly thereafter, Kuresho de Kaarinos, Vindicator of the Naaru and the Draenei people was born. Kuresho brought honor to the Naaru for about a year, until the character died and I faction-transferred him, making Vierdiel Sunshatter, Blood Knight. It's around this time I got involved in PvP (Did Arena mostly for points, mostly BG), making a decent name for myself on the server. I was also highly involved in the RP-PvP scene on Moon Guard (I'd like to bring similar style events to CotH). I eventually started to miss my friends on Alliance, and with my only ties to the Horde disintegrating, and Vierdiel as a character dying/losing worth, Sunshatter was killed by a minor rival, and Daviren Falton, Paladin of the Light returned from a quiet retirement to show young folk how it's done. I reached my peak in both PvP (something I enjoyed greatly) and RP, using connections on both factions to bring back RP-PvP events. However, with Cataclysm, I lost interest in the game itself, and no longer wanted to pay the 15$/month; unsubscribed, for the past months I've been playing Starcraft and League of Legends almost exclusively.

However, I really love Warcraft lore, and soon needed a fix. Thus, I found this.

Sorry if that's a mouthful. I'll be brief from here on out
What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
US, but traveled a bunch and only recently returned. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Brother.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Looked at a few private servers. You guys seem to take the lore most seriously (also, the idea of server lore is enticing to me).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Usually, either one end of the spectrum or the other. For instance, Vierdiel Sunshatter was a violent, vain, narcissistic, self-centered asshole. My Mage, Gennald Greene Griar, is an awkward, hopeless, mage and scientist, who ends up in misadventures from trying research trees in Duskwood. I tend to avoid romance.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Draenei Paladin. Draenei lore is by far my favorite, as I love the refugee trope of the race, and the eager anticipation for the Naaru-aided revenge.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I want good stories and action, rather than sitting in taverns. Let's get on the Sky-ships in Icecrown, planning daring invasions on the ground below, then do it! One of the best events of my time on Moon Guard was our server "opening" of ICC raid. We went from gate to gate, clearing out the Scourge. A little bit of tavern is ok, but what I really want are characters out doing what heroes do.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Limitation on auto-leveling, and limitations on prestige classes.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I'm a little rusty, haven't been doing much writing lately)

The Sin'dorei screamed.

Or, at least, it looked like a Sin'dorei. The figure was curled up, deep in the dank regions of a cave in the far north of the Eastern Kingdoms. Rotting rat carcasses were strewn about madly around him, with shallow bite marks littered throughout their now maggoty flesh. Roaches and rodents would try and sneak in, hoping to avoid the Screamers notice, and steal morsels of the disgusting flesh. Few succeeded.

The Sin'dorei, if it can still be called by such a regal name, was somewhere between Elf and Wretched, his once muscular, intimidating, self decaying into a frail, dried up form. His hair lay in heaps around him, alongside rags and scraps of steel that were presumably his clothes and armor. His skin was grey and lifeless, his eyes no longer piercing green, his fingertips worn away to depths unimaginable; bare bone stuck out like a Scourge fiend.

All around him, the cave walls were covered in crude, haunting visages. Vaguely, they looked humanoid; perhaps the bulkier ones Orcs, the hunched ones Forsaken, and the lean ones Elves. At times, the Screaming Sin'dorei would crawl to his feet, shoo away pests from his precious meals, and scream names and profanities at his finger-paintings. His voice, no longer controlled and crisp, was a guttural cry, echoing, screaming, into vast, dark, nothingness.

"TENDAEL!"
"YULENIA!"
"VARGOK!"
"FLORRIK!"
"MAKANIS!"

He would rip out his hair, fling his clothing and only companions; the maggot falling out to the wet floor. He would clench his fists and beat the wall to a horrid beat, till his bones showed their dirty selves and he could beat no more. He screamed till his lungs collapsed.

Thus was the fate of Vierdiel Sunshatter, champion of the Sin'dorei. The man who struck fear into the heart of all Alliance. The man who inspired greatness to the malicious, who maneuvered his way to prestige. The man who faced a Naaru alone, and came out alive. The hero of battle of Arathor. Savior of the Sunwell.

Left alone to rot, cursing his only friends. The rats scurried away.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The above isn't necessarily indicative of what I want out of role play. It's more an expression of how I've been reading Ellison and Lovecraft lately.
Hello there Vierdiel, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Thank you for the story!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.