Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shunning Ducks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I am a role player with a lot to learn.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born in Germany, but moved to the United States at a young age. Since then, I have been in a rural area. Not to say the least, it drives me a little bit crazy at times. My primary language is German, but I speak English (secondary) more fluently and consider it the stronger of the two.

Just to set the record straight: When I mentioned “more fluently”, I used the term loosely. I can speak widgets more fluently than I can speak German.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I got into World of Warcraft (MMORPG) about 5 years ago, which was the gateway into the extended universe. It was a Christmas present given to me by relatives. About 2 years after that, I ventured into the world of private servers, and that eventually led to finding those servers that specialized in role playing (albeit, they were not that decent). Between that time and now, I’ve spent time learning the lore and legends of WoW through forums, books, and the Warcraft III and Frozen Throne RTS games. By then, I was pretty sure I was into Warcraft.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I found this server through gossip on other servers. After compiling a list of ones I’d like to get involved in, I narrowed it down with help from fellow role players. So, I sought this server over others because of a combination of word-of-mouth, recommendations, and personal interest. I’m excited to see if this community will be the one for me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy non-combative role play and political intrigue. I like non-combative role play because I find it’s the most stress-free way to establish long, in-depth relationships with other characters. I also like intrigue because it keeps those relationships…fascinating. Of course, I do enjoy the occasional combat, whenever necessary, but it tends to be an issue with a reasonable portion of controversy. Consequently, I prefer to use it strategically (in terms of storylines) and not excessively.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race is the Goblins. Their uptight attitudes and fiscal ways are straightforward and all you can do is deal with it. They are mostly my favorite because out of all the races in Azeroth, they are the most ready to recognize and accept their less-than-admirable ways, and make it their strength. Even with the strict limitations on their personalities and character, every individual still finds a way to be unique and still contribute to the overarching Goblin theme. It’s tough, but I like it.

My favorite class would have to mages. Just from my experience roleplaying, I’ve found that I like to play old and wise characters. This archetype falls under mages. Apart from the fact that they are the very symbol of magic (something that makes Azeroth unique), certain mages from all walks of life can come together and share their wisdom, regardless of nationality, species, or views.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I really have no anticipations, because if I do find that I like this server, I’ll appreciate it for what it has, and not what I thought it had. However, I do have expectations from all roleplaying servers: An agreeable community with a shared passion for anxiety-free roleplaying. You’d think it’d be standard, but I’ve left a lot of servers because they lacked this key, fundamental concept.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Rule #8: Humility: It the hardest to learn, toughest to enforce, and most challenging to teach. Yet, once its notion is grasped, all the other rules become easier to follow and understand.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

“A beast, fiery and spiteful, awaits us at the end of this hall”, shouts a tall, gaunt human. His blasted words resound off the high, dark walls of the chamber. Behind one of the many pillars reaching up into the ceiling, an elderly gnome threatens a glance in that direction.

“Go ahead”, he says in a humored and aged voice, “I can use a few more humans to put in my garden!” The pillar now acts as a barrier between the gnome and a ‘misplaced’ block of stone.

“Enough foolishness, Monty! Our doom may be at hand.” The human grasps a gnarled branch in his right hand and casts it forward, sending a shining blue light drifting down the corridor. As it passes columns of stone, its blue hue reveals nothing. The gnome makes no move, nor does the human.

“Did you hear that”, the gnome inquires. A deep rumbling echoes past them. “My, my, I think I’m hungry”, he adds with both hands cradling his tummy.

The human shakes his head, and his left foot slides behind him, “No, Monty. Not you… it.” His eyes shift upwards to meet the two heads of Magmadar. The beast looks down at him. A fleeting moment passes before it opens its mighty maws and sends a blast wave of heat and fury at the two of them. The human stands his ground, a ball of shining ice prepared in his left hand. The gnome ducks behind a broken post and conjures his own blend of frost and fire.

“This is the end for you”, shouts the lofty, thin human.

“Tell me about it”, retorts the ancient gnome.

-La Fin-

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nevertheless, I am a role player with a lot to give.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello there Spix, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Quote:Rule #8: Humility: It the hardest to learn, toughest to enforce, and most challenging to teach. Yet, once its notion is grasped, all the other rules become easier to follow and understand.

Sounds like a Confucius quote. Very true.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.