Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Perfect Memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Myself as a player? I'm uncertain what you really want from me. I treat others as they treat me. Generally, however, I try to be helpful where I can. My style in writing can be anywhere from heavily morbid and depressing to extremely romantic to the point that I have unwillingly caused several crushes on myself from the female populace, my room mate included. I enjoy myself. That is all I believe is required of me in such a setting. I hope others do as well, but if I bother them or they bother me... It is always best to simply seek some place else they, or I, would rather be.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the United States and speak the messed up language we are still trying to claim in English. I do, however, jump from state to state so my slang changes.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My brother and sister started playing Everquest in its early stages of development. I became quite taken with the game until they moved out and took it with them. Later on when friends of mine spoke of "WoW", I became curious. It didn't take long for me to fall for the game and its social network.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
This server was chosen because it was forced upon me. I have honestly not sought you out over a competitor now have I even seen one. I couldn't tell you that your site it better or theirs is simply worse, because I quite frankly have no clue.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Role plays that I find myself most engrossed in are those that delve into a characters mind. These can become either romantic, traumatic, or any variation. This means that my style is frequently very heavy hearted and heavy in word count. You will very rarely find me indulging in a simple light role play unless I particularly like the other person's character.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Priest is by far my favorite class. A further distinction would be Holy Priest. I love to start with an innocent character, preferably human, and see what the world around them will do to their minds and choices. By the end of my character development or at least when I choose to move on, they have become something either extremely for their beginning or against it. This process is something I don't think I could ever become bored of. That is the simple and most truthful answer.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are non existent. I didn't seek this site out nor do I know a thing about it other than its basic principles and rules. Those alone give me high opinions on what the community should be like and therefore reflect back on the server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Certainly of all the rules, I enjoy number three. If only fr the simple fact that I myself jumping from thread to thread in different websites that demand a great deal of color and coding. I find such processes tedious. This question can't ask for much else than the plane and simple.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
True to his word, the man stole across the night, lifting his feathered wings to soar himself into the sky. The stars winked against his flesh and made him shine as only a thing of heaven could do. But he wasn't this. Slim horns slid from his scalp, curling cruelly and arching over his hair of fire and flame. A tyrannical smirk flitted across his lips, causing his violet eyes to show only his true hatred for all that lived and left him to die.

A deadly blade slid against his thigh, glued to his side as he pushed himself through the air. It's finely sculpted scabbard belittled the true beauty of the danger within. A dark mind slept within the sword, daring the demon man to take him and strike down his foes like cattle. He could only oblige.

From the castle orchard, a man peered up at the cloudless sky. His daughter slept soundly in her chambers and all was still throughout the night. Nothing seemed to be out of place and yet he couldn't stop the complete fear that coursed through his blood stream. Not all could be well if this feeling of foreboding filled him so completely.

The aged man shook his head and turned his visage to the ground beneath his feet. Nothing had felt right since he had sent the winged child out into the wilderness to die those many years ago. But what else could he have done? The people of his country feared what they did not understand and could not stand for something that appeared as if it came from the devil himself to live with their king. There was nothing else he could have do-

The sounds of wings beating against the wind made the ruler lift his head, to see the avenging angel drop down from the heavens above. Blazing eyes and flames of hair settled and glared at the man that had ruined his life. Silver glinted in the night, flashing and staining itself with blood and vengeance.

"Father?" A soft feminine voice spoke out, gently blowing with a soft breeze. Curling blonde hair fell around a soft angelic face and kind chocolate eyes. Those eyes could only widen in horror as she watched her father fall to the ground, ruby soaking the back and front of his night gown. Tears streaked down her face and she ran to his side, scooping him into her arms.

The aging king's eyes glinted with life still, but instead of putting them to his daughter, he turned to his murderer with understanding and hope. "I.. Am s-sorry." His last breath conveyed these words before he went limp and lifeless.

The young blonde shook her head in disbelief. "NO! NO! Father!" She sobbed helplessly and clung to him as if she could bring him back with her simple wish for it to be so. If she squeezed him tight enough, if she yelled loud enough, he would come back! He had to! "F-father!" The sob shook her and her words.

The clang of steel sounded beneath her anguish as male eyes stared on and looked down at his blood stained hands. Black wings drooped and his fell to his knees, looking on to his gravest mistake. "What have I done...?"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No.
Hello there PerfectMemory, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Glad you decided to submit this after all. As promised!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.