Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name's Brayden and I am 14 years young. I focus most of my play on Role play, considering that on retail these are the types of servers I play on. I don't know why, but I prefer to sit back and fire up a conversation in a tavern about the fight against Arthas, or jump into a spontaneous adventure in the forests of Elwynn, rather than pop into a dungeon and kill things for "loot".

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Canada. My main language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I heard about it from a friend when I was around 9 or 10. Eventually I just got my uncle to buy it and I loved it.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I basically couldn't sleep thinking about a private RP server, so I hopped on my laptop and Google'd "WoW RP private servers" and BAM! You guys were first to pop up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Anything ranging from quiet tavern conversations to thrilling action adventures. A little more detailed? Well I preferably like an adventure or two. Something with a beautifully crafted story accompanied with a few interesting companions. I find it better when there's a little romance involved too. Hey, i'm a sucker for love. Overall, I like any type or RP as long as it's fun and has a point to it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've got two for the race and three for class. Sorry. My two favorites are Human and Night Elf. Human, because they're so basic and so young that you're still crafting how they will be remembered as you play. They're so easy yet so hard to RP as because of the unlimited possibilities. Night Elves because of there mysteriousness. I don't know why, but that's the only real reason I've ever liked role playing as one.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect this server to have a fairly large player base, most of which are outgoing when it comes to RP. I don't mind a few trolls here and there because they're almost impossible to keep out, but I suppose this introduction application will keep most-all of them out.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: The Godmoding thread. It's so small, yet it strikes me as important to keep godmoders and metagamers out of RP servers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Hm. A story you say? Well, I think I have something you might like. It was a stormy night and I happened to be walking back through Deadwind Pass. Now that I think about it, that wasn't really smart of me walking through there at that time. *Sigh*. Anyhow, I was walking through the Pass when I spotted something shiny in the ground up ahead. I should have ignored it and kept walking, but I didn't listen to my brain. Instead, I walked up and examined it. The object was still half under the ground and all I could see was this weird talisman and some hard white stuff on top. I decided I'd dig it out. I had it almost fully out when something shot right out from under the ground and grabbed my wrist. I instinctively pulled backwards and looked at my wrist. Oh man, did I ever scream. What was clinging to my wrist was a bone hand. The problem was, the bone hand wasn't all that came from the ground. Suddenly that "hard white" thing with the talisman on it started to rise on its own. It was a human skull. At least, I think it was human. Anyway, it rose from the dirt and started walking toward me. I pulled my blade and started hacking at it, but all that did was tire me out as the bones just magically pulled together again and continued walking toward me. It suddenly charged at me, arms outstretched and ready to lunge. I thought I was a goner when out of nowhere a stick of already lit dynamite dropped in front of me. I heard a deep voice yell at me to get out of the way, so I dove behind a rock that coincidentally happened to be about 5 feet away behind me to the right. After about 2 seconds there was a loud "BANG!". I waited a few more seconds before looking. What I saw confused me. The bones were gone and the the skeleton was nowhere to be found. As for the dynamite, I didn't know who threw it... until I saw a dwarf walking away 100 feet from me. The moral of the story. If you ever see a dwarf that knows how to work dynamite. Don't screw with him. He'll blow your bones to dust.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Yeah.
1) I'm running Cataclysm at the moment. Is there anyway to downgrade?
2) Is the RP on here just Horde is it mixed?

Feel free to copy and paste the template within the spoiler below; it comes pre-formatted with BBCode, so just type your answers under each question!
Spoiler:
Hello there PerfectMemory, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

I'm not sure if there is a clean way to downgrade from Cataclysm. You may need to uninstall and reinstall, then use the patches in our Downloads section to get back to 3.3.5 without skipping ahead to 4.2 (do NOT use the WoW launcher to patch up, whatever you do).

The RP is actually more geared towards Alliance as a general rule, but yes, it's mixed. Misnomer.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.