Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Neonic's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
It saddens me to say that most MMORPGs can't keep my interest for more than several days. Sometimes, though, they'll cause me to come back now and then even once the interest has waned.

All in all I'm a nice person. I believe that when I play an MMORPG, my attention is focused, and therefore my nativities don't usually show themselves.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States of America, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I didn't. I know that's odd of me to say, but I've never cared for Warcraft. I even had a bit of a vendetta against WoW up until recently... but I came to realize that that was unfair of me, especially since last time was just the trial version, and it was a good few years ago. This is my attempt to get into the game properly.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Well, I was going to just try the Starter Edition of 'Retail' WoW, but more than halfway through the download my friend on MSN, who plays on this server, stopped me and directed me here, telling me a bit about what it's like and how the downloads works, and I thought it would be fun.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Oh, all kinds! Normally I don't get to do serious roleplaying, instead being limited to 'emoting' in MSN convos, but I really do love to roleplay. Most often mine are simple exhibition conversations. My favorite roleplaying is probably combat-oriented. I don't do it a lot, and I never considered myself that good, but I recently got a taste of it and it was amazing.

Incidentally, I've never really played an MMO while being in-character, but I'll do my best here. It shouldn't be a problem.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Most of the WoW races are ugly to me, but I like the Forsaken for reasons I can't entirely fathom. Having only played once, I can't much say what my favorite class is, but the Warlock sounded awesome, and the Death Knight terrifies me.

In most MMORPGs I play the ligher melee roles like swordsmen and rogues. This tends to get me killed, though...

What are your expectations of this server?:
Give who referred me to it, I'd say I just expect it to be fun and not chock full of annoying people. If it were I doubt they'd be playing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one against using Lore figures. It annoys me so much when someone can't write a piece of fan work without using canon characters extensively.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
His fingers rattled away at the keyboard. There wasn't much time. He needed answers, now.
Tap tap tap...
He stopped to push his glasses up. He was sweating, and occasionally his glasses slid down. The coat he wore didn't help this, but he didn't dare take it off. He might need what it concealed. A weight in his pocket that only served to remind him of how dire his situation was.
Tap tap ta-rrrrr....
A noise behind him, like a low rumbling. He stopped, his finger holding the key down. A single letter repeated itself continuously on screen. He didn't notice. He was alert and focused now.
....rrrrrRRRRRrrrr....
Shit... A faint red glow in the darkness. Not now.. Not here.. He slowly stood up and reached for his pocket.
Too slow.
From the darkness, their presence announced by a chilling shriek, came two brown hands, held aloft by jagged limbs. He made a move to dodge between them, but they arced and caught him up by the arms, lifting him high into the air. He struggled and kicked out at one instinctively, but his foot passed through it like it wasn't even there.
From behind him, he heard a crash. The light went out. The monitor had been broken. He felt another set of limbs wrap themselves around him, binding his arms to his side, accompanied by the familiar red glow. He struggled more. He had to get it. He couldn't let them win.
His body began to sink. They were dragging him down. In his head, a voice rang.
It's time to repay your debt.
Just as hope began to fade from his mind, he managed to slip one of his arms loose. Seizing the moment, he reached into his pocket, drawing from within it a small, silver dagger. As he rose it over his head, it shone with a bright white light. He plunged it towards his heart.

He wouldn't die here.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
My apologies if that story was a bit too long. When I write, I really write. I love making works of fiction.
Hello there Neonic, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

~

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.