Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Naughty Gm's /slap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First let me make myself clear, this post is NOT an 'attack' to the Admin and the staff. So please DO NOT take this personally, i just believe this is something worth discussing about.

Although I know the staff works very hard because of the +1500members here, but still, the staff tends to forget some people. I nosed around in the introductions(way at the end of the db) and the char/profiles a bit, and i discovered that some people are left aside.
This does not concern me because I'm patient, so really do not care if no one replies;)

But i do believe that some people just lose the lust of playing if no one "cares" about them, and therefore they just quit the server..
I refer to the past four days I've been online => 10ppl online, peak 12/ 8ppl online, peak9/ 4ppl online, peak6, 14ppl online, peak 16.
I might be wrong about this, but I got the feeling the server is dying bit by bit. Please do not ban me now because I said this :P
I just felt it was worth saying.

I know I'm a pain. Always was, always be.
School's begun for some, work for others, whatever. People are going to be on less and less on weekdays.

And, take into account timezones.

But, either way, there are some things wrong with this server- but it's not driving people away by the bucketfulls, since even through some of this server's problems- the server itself is good. People are willing to deal with these problems and ignore them in order to play on the server.
But still mate 4ppl online? I've known worse servers who had more people online during the school period/work period. You know, I'm just saying, its quite a poor number of people thats online.. I am quite new to this server, maybe it's normal, but it's just shocking by my believes.. At 7 o'clock in the evening work or school normally should be over no? If there's only 8peeps online.. well.. it isn't much is it? Hope i don't get in trouble of posting this...

But I really love it here though! One of the best servers i've been on..
Quality over quantity. Easily said.
Ofcourse, no question about that. But I mean ain't it quite annoying when some people are bored, because there are only 5 ppl online, and their chars have nothing IC related to each other?

Example: An Ironforge Dwarf, a troll who lives in STV, A human scholar who lives in stormwind library, an orc sales man, a gnome dancer and a draenei bouncer....
Relate for me there hun.
look fingel, okey the server's online people is below standards, i understand.
But still admit it, it's one of the most decent servers I've ever encountered in my life. You shouldn't be so hard on the server, and also true the timezones do make a differense..

Besides I find it hard to believe that YOU have any problems with finding someone to Rp with right? Then don't understand why you're complaining..
Well it is true that i enjoy myself here, no doubt.
I was merely saying what i was thinking.. if that aint allowed anymore...
It may help to refer to the Peak Connections on the server status page, instead of what you personally have experienced. Of course, don't forget to take into account the uptime. (ie, how long the server has been up since the last restart)

Contrary to what you have seen, we've still gotten in the 20s+ for peak connections (I think it was mid-20s before the updating earlier this evening), and have been in the upper 20s the past several weeks, for the most part.

Edit: In addition, I'm not sure what you may be thinking regarding profiles. We're at an all-time high in regards to reviewing them, and as for introductions, those are for vouches. If they don't stick around and RP enough to get vouched, then... there's not much we (as GMs) can do about it.
Edit2: I find it vaguely amusing that we shouldn't take getting slapped personally or as an attack. ;) /ban-for-assault-and-battery
Alright then, i phailed again.. but no ban for slap? then.. I'm forced to /slap/slap/slap/slap/slap/slap/slap/slap/slap/slap/slap. :p
I saw the thread title and my perv side kicked in. This was not what I was expecting. Cry
Muauauahaha you've been Punk'ed >:-D how do you feel?
Quote:First let me make myself clear, this post is NOT an 'attack' to the Admin and the staff. So please DO NOT take this personally, i just believe this is something worth discussing about.

And if I make a public topic called "Naughty Fingelspark /slap", you wouldn't feel the least bit defensive? Here's a tip: when you make an accusatory-sounding title, you're going to get a lot colder reception, regardless of the topic or who it's addressed to.

Quote:Although I know the staff works very hard because of the +1500members here, but still, the staff tends to forget some people. I nosed around in the introductions(way at the end of the db) and the char/profiles a bit, and i discovered that some people are left aside.
This does not concern me because I'm patient, so really do not care if no one replies;)

The actual number of active members is much lower. If you're looking at the "very end" of the introductions, you are looking back to nearly the beginning of the server, when vouches were not required. They have not been "left aside", the policies were simply different.

Quote:But i do believe that some people just lose the lust of playing if no one "cares" about them, and therefore they just quit the server..

If someone leaves the server, it's because it's not a good fit for them, time-wise (RP eats up homework time, etc), character-wise (They don't like our unplayable races list), or personality-wise (they were banned for some reason or left because they didn't agree with how the server is run, which I respect).

Quote:I refer to the past four days I've been online => 10ppl online, peak 12/ 8ppl online, peak9/ 4ppl online, peak6, 14ppl online, peak 16.

These are pretty good numbers, actually. a 20-person peak is about all we feel like handling. We are intentionally a small server, we like it that way. As Sasail said, quality over quantity.

Quote:I might be wrong about this, but I got the feeling the server is dying bit by bit. Please do not ban me now because I said this :P

How long have you been here? I would hope you'd give any a bit longer before judging it. And so long as it is put in a respectful manner (again, please reconsider your post titles), you won't be banned for this sort of thing.
The population is pretty much the same as it has been since I first joined, give or take 5 people from the peak. So what makes you think it's dying?

Quote:Ofcourse, no question about that. But I mean ain't it quite annoying when some people are bored, because there are only 5 ppl online, and their chars have nothing IC related to each other?

Example: An Ironforge Dwarf, a troll who lives in STV, A human scholar who lives in stormwind library, an orc sales man, a gnome dancer and a draenei bouncer....
Relate for me there hun.

There's an easy solution to this.. Do something else for a while.
Bishnak Wrote:The population is pretty much the same as it has been since I first joined, give or take 5 people from the peak. So what makes you think it's dying?

Quote:Ofcourse, no question about that. But I mean ain't it quite annoying when some people are bored, because there are only 5 ppl online, and their chars have nothing IC related to each other?

Relate for me there hun.

There's an easy solution to this.. Do something else for a while.

QFT lol
Or, be cunning and suggest everyone RP or even get them all to make some level ones or suggest they get on another more social/less occupied chara if everyone is too holed up in their cave IC, waiting for someone to ride by.

Also, not trying to be a major salad tosser here, but what's with people critiquing the server within less than a few days of being around? Please, if you're going to give feedback, at least give this place a week or a month.

Also stop making provocative topic titles that don't deliver! *Cries in a corner*
I would suggest that anyone who plays "loner" characters or characters that are off in a less-traveled part of the world make at least one character that is free to travel and meet people. You'll be far less bored that way when these "five people all in different places" times occur.
Pages: 1 2